The Dawson Derby, AKA The Andy Reid Derby, AKA The Brennan Johnson Derby - AKA EVERY FUCKING PLAYER EVER- AKA Forest Away - 15/12, 8pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There’s 1 thing I wish Ange would do……open his mouth about the tackles other teams are doing on our players.

I think he is handling the media superbly, both pre and post match.

He doesn't get involved with the narrative, defends referee's and doesn't get too excited with a win or too disappointed with a loss.

To me he has more maturity than any manager that we have had since Burkinshaw.

No doubt he will have his own thought and actions with Bissouma, but i think he may have had enough with the reckless and unnecessary challenges that will cost us dear especially with the ACN coming up and the lack of midfield cover that we currently have.

Add to that the busy Christmas period coming up and it's put the club is a bad position.

Bissouma should be fined and told by Ange that he is not untouchable regarding a starting position.

I am pissed off with the lack of discipline from him and Romero, as at the end of the day they are both professional in their sport and understand the consequences of their actions.

Really enjoyed the game. Thought Ben Davies looked really smooth and confident. Udogie outstanding as was Kulu. Feel bad for Johnson but still not particularly impressed by him. Romero excellent. Vicario great showman...whole performance thoroughly enjoyable. Ange is performing miracles. Good goal. Stunning cross by the masked avenger. Well headed by Richarlison but I'd still like to see him more involved in the game as a whole. Altogether, really satisfying.
It's also very interesting to hear the difference between the punditry here and home. Lee Dixon over here. Very praiseworthy of Spurs all the way through. Nice anti var rant. And a very fair assessment of the game. You'd never believe he was at Woolwich all those years! Tim Howard also very good analysis.

I think he is handling the media superbly, both pre and post match.

He doesn't get involved with the narrative, defends referee's and doesn't get too excited with a win or too disappointed with a loss.

To me he has more maturity than any manager that we have had since Burkinshaw.

No doubt he will have his own thought and actions with Bissouma, but i think he may have had enough with the reckless and unnecessary challenges that will cost us dear especially with the ACN coming up and the lack of midfield cover that we currently have.

Add to that the busy Christmas period coming up and it's put the club is a bad position.

Bissouma should be fined and told by Ange that he is not untouchable regarding a starting position.

I am pissed off with the lack of discipline from him and Romero, as at the end of the day they are both professional in their sport and understand the consequences of their actions.
Yes he shows total respect for refs, more than any other manager. His reward, Michael Oliver books him for leaving his technical area. He needs to make a point about our players being fouled,badly and no action taken.

Although Spurs deserved the win it was a hard-fought win and if Forest had gotten away with a point it would not have been totally undeserved either, because they (Forest) created a few big chances and played much better against Spurs than West Ham and (they'll never score 2 luckier goals in a game ever) and Wolves.
How Son got a yellow for diving when he should have had a penalty for holding and Yates got away with "waving" 2 yellow cards to the ref - which, according to rules, should have resulted in 2 yellows for Yates (who got away with reckless tackles all thru the game).
England used to be known for having the some of best (and fairest) refs. but not anymore. I don't think it's conspiracy anymore to think that some refs have an agenda against Spurs (and some other teams)
Forest did not get a booking until the 82nd minute (ok, Romero did get away with a yellow)

Last edited:
I love Angeball but that win for me was just as good, a right horrible dig in and bark bollock and bite win

I bet that’s how Ange described it lol

Actually he probably did lol
He did more or less. Used lots of words like resillience.

Also made oblique references to the shit refs and what the other teams are doing is making the team tighter together.

Really enjoyed the game. Thought Ben Davies looked really smooth and confident. Udogie outstanding as was Kulu. Feel bad for Johnson but still not particularly impressed by him. Romero excellent. Vicario great showman...whole performance thoroughly enjoyable. Ange is performing miracles. Good goal. Stunning cross by the masked avenger. Well headed by Richarlison but I'd still like to see him more involved in the game as a whole. Altogether, really satisfying.
It's also very interesting to hear the difference between the punditry here and home. Lee Dixon over here. Very praiseworthy of Spurs all the way through. Nice anti var rant. And a very fair assessment of the game. You'd never believe he was at Woolwich all those years! Tim Howard also very good analysis.
Ben was MoM for me.

Played exceptionally well.

15th today and we play Everton on 23rd and that’s 10 days? 😂😂😂
Note. Everton cruising v Burnley atm would be on 2 26 points if 10 wasn’t deducted. For all the shite they had at start of season recovered very well. In qtrs of league cup with home tie. Hdf has dyche managed that with their general shite football?
Will be a big test especially set pieces.

In the last 2 years Forest have bought dozens of players. If they don’t have any quality then that is Forest’s fault including to some degree Steve Cooper
We should refer to copper the Ange quote a few weeks back about “would like to play more attractive attacking football”. Just fucking do it!
Lazy coaches just like the dinos we have had. I mean what fuckimg FA badge do you need to tell someone to have towel on the touch line and throw the ball as far as you can? I bet they have a throw in coach job for the mates.
It’s harder and takes more work to install attacking passing possecion based football.

You are meant to get booked for asking refs to show a card. It's like diving though, they just choose when and who they want to enforce it against.
It’s a joke. The other week was t there a pen given for a shirt pull on Harland by chavs long curly haired bloke. Not seen many given since or even before. Descent is the same exactly what is the definition and threshold before refs give a card?

Worst first half for a while... probably as a result of Forest's thuggish tactics. Brennan was pretty pointless....his head injury the only memorable moment of his brief appearance. Bissouma, Sarr and Destiny have to get video assistance and begin to realise the negative impact they're having on the whole.
Group hugs are ok until a couple of eejits are ensuring the collective will achieve effall
Johnson prbly didn’t fancy it whilst he was on the pitch. Didn’t look to beat his man at all. His played ok some games when the team has played but he hasn’t shown nowhere near enough for the outlay. He needs to be looking to run at and take on FB more like Son tries.

Back
Top Bottom