The Dawson Derby, AKA The Andy Reid Derby, AKA The Brennan Johnson Derby - AKA EVERY FUCKING PLAYER EVER- AKA Forest Away - 15/12, 8pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They spent 146million in the Summer transfer window of 22/23 which was the 5th highest in the league so they are not the paupers you think they are
As per my response to Airfixx Airfixx , I'm not questioning their spending. All I'm saing is that I don't know (and suspect neither you nor airfixx know) who is deciding the transfer policy. If Cooper is playing with the cards he's dealt then I feel he needs some slack. If he's the man making the calls then he's not got much iggle room.

That's jsut my beer addled maths. My point is how much influence does the manager have on the transfer policy?
Do you KNOW?
Does anybody other than those involved KNOW?

IF he's being dealt a hand that cobbles him (which I suspect is the case), then I feel sorry for him. If he's offering his opinion on the squad/purchases and the owners are listening, then I agree, he's only got himself to blame.

My stance is based on the assumption that he is being given the cards to play with. And if that IS the case then I have a decent amount of sympathy with him.

Point remains; he isn't fielding a bunch of cheap champo players.......

If all he can tactically muster is a hack-fest then meh.

Kulu is starting to lose his temper more and more btw. He's been getting battered for a few weeks, but cos he's a lot stronger than Son and Johnson, he can take it.

He's gonna snap if this continues. Thankfully he's getting goals/assists so at least that will relieve a bit of the frustration.
Yeah he's clearly learnt from Kane how to ride the challenges where he knows a hack is coming but losing his temper probably isn't a bad thing. He's unit and people will likely stay the fuck out of his way.

I’m so fucking drink
CarrieFi CarrieFi i fucking loves high darling. You’re awesome
Keep being you

My Willy is shrivels

Good Morning Help GIF by Satisfied Customer

Not our best game, not much in the way of flowing football, but a solid, professional performance, and most importantly, three points away from home.
I thought Deki was outstanding and another good showing by Ben. Biss was stupid, going in like like that. Other players may get away with that, especially if it's against us, but no way was he not going to get sent off.
For once, I would like to get a decent set of officials. Why did it take so long for the decision re their offside goal - it was so obvious that three of their players were off. And Sonny was yellow carded for the same foul that one of theirs committed a minute earlier.
It's getting beyond ridiculous now how other teams are allowed to kick lumps out of us and we only have to breathe on them and we get a yellow.
I didn't hear any commentary (thank goodness), as it was karaoke in the pub, and I think it was preferable to hear nearly every song being murdered than to have to endure the usual 💩 being spouted.
Hopefully Brennan will be OK to play against Everton, we are looking a bit thin on available personnel.

Did you do a turn, Mrs P?

"Ozzies Dream"?

"Who's the wanker in the black"?

"Diamond Lights"?

Point remains; he isn't fielding a bunch of cheap champo players.......

If all he can tactically muster is a hack-fest then meh.
Who ended the game with 10 men?

Look, I'm not suggesting that we didn't deserve to win. But I don't think it was a 0-2 game. And that was down to quality as far as I'm concerned.

Yeah he's clearly learnt from Kane how to ride the challenges where he knows a hack is coming but losing his temper probably isn't a bad thing. He's unit and people will likely stay the fuck out of his way.
Unfortunately for him he plays for the FA's most hated team. We can't afford to even get pissed at the refs.

Massive win, onto another hard game against an in form Everton and missing some key players again.

Hopefully we still have enough.

Just get a couple of squad additions in January and who knows what we might achieve.

Intent is irrelevant. High, with force and had the potential to cause damage. By the laws of the game it's a straight Red.
Still don't get how they decide what is too much force. For Bissouma the ref was there in real time and gave a yellow. I'm not questioning the red because the studs were up but what clear and obvious error did the VAR think the ref missed?
And why do they even need to watch a challenge like that in slowmo? It's not like they couldn't see who touched the ball last for a ball going out of play or any other thing that you can miss at full speed. Watching tackles like that in slowmo only makes it more likely to look worse.

Massive win, onto another hard game against an in form Everton and missing some key players again.

Hopefully we still have enough.

Just get a couple of squad additions in January and who knows what we might achieve.
You can bet you life that they went after Johnson, so Richie is next!

Wtf didn't even realise we were playing this morning (I'm in Aus).

Good to see a win and Richarlison scoring, get that up ya Callum.

Shocking challenge from Bissouma, did I hear right that he's gonna be suspended for 4 games?!

Still don't get how they decide what is too much force. For Bissouma the ref was there in real time and gave a yellow. I'm not questioning the red because the studs were up but what clear and obvious error did the VAR think the ref missed?
And why do they even need to watch a challenge like that in slowmo? It's not like they couldn't see who touched the ball last for a ball going out of play or any other thing that you can miss at full speed. Watching tackles like that in slowmo only makes it more likely to look worse.
Mate his studs were alnost knee high. If the ref missed that in real time then VAR has worked perfectly.
In my eyes It was a red card challenge every day of the week and the ref missed it real time.

Good point:

Skipp - 32m
PEH - 72m
Emerson - 88m
Veliz - 99m

That Veliz sub might have buggered us here.

You have to hand in special paperwork for a concussion sub (or something like that). I’m sure you can bring players on 4 times, not 3. Or are you suggesting the rules weren’t followed properly? Would be the kind of thing that would happen to us!

Really?

First touch like a trampoline

Just outside the box too

Terrible play
Worst first half for a while... probably as a result of Forest's thuggish tactics. Brennan was pretty pointless....his head injury the only memorable moment of his brief appearance. Bissouma, Sarr and Destiny have to get video assistance and begin to realise the negative impact they're having on the whole.
Group hugs are ok until a couple of eejits are ensuring the collective will achieve effall

Back
Top Bottom