The Dawson Derby, AKA The Andy Reid Derby, AKA The Brennan Johnson Derby - AKA EVERY FUCKING PLAYER EVER- AKA Forest Away - 15/12, 8pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone got a good link to stream it? One that don't buffer every 2 secs. Not in the UK at present and man I missed almost all of the first half with the shit links I found on the ol' Googz...gutted.

Thanks!
If you have an android i was recommended into the stands app and it has been hands down the best one I've used over the years to this point.

Putting in this chat but the standard of referring is shocking. Wolves must feel like do! Hdf does soufaul not even get a booking for that challenge. He made two fouls really one the elbow straight in the players neck are I think and one with his feet where his late. There is something g shockingly wrong with the officials if none deem that warranted any kind of card or var review.

You can politely fuck off the forum and supporting this club.

Jog on cunt.

If you think the carry on from Bissouma is doing Spurs any favours then your fucking eyes must be painted on. He's now in the hole for 7 games of absolutely deserved suspensions at a time where his team, manager and fans can least afford it,

For all of the big talk from Bissouma and his decent early season form he is well in debt to this organisation given his output from the time he walked into the place. And not one person can seriously claim he is unlucky. His first red was for one of the most blatant dives seen in many a year and the second one was a straight red all day, every day. He may not have been trying to maim his opponent but he knew what he was doing.

How the fuck this guy is seen as a leader of this club beggars belief. He's anything but a leader based on what I have seen.

Jog on cunt.

If you think the carry on from Bissouma is doing Spurs any favours then your fucking eyes must be painted on. He's now in the hole for 7 games of absolutely deserved suspensions at a time where his team, manager and fans can least afford it,

For all of the big talk from Bissouma and his decent early season form he is well in debt to this organisation given his output from the time he walked into the place. And not one person can seriously claim he is unlucky. His first red was for one of the most blatant dives seen in many a year and the second one was a straight red all day, every day. He may not have been trying to maim his opponent but he knew what he was doing.

How the fuck this guy is seen as a leader of this club beggars belief. He's anything but a leader based on what I have seen.

Calm down you massive melty drama queen

The player was playing football, he tried to play football well but made a mistake and got correctly punished for it. It happens.

Calm down you massive melty drama queen

The player was playing football, he tried to play football well but made a mistake and got correctly punished for it. It happens.

It happens a lot.

And no, I won't calm down. Fuck the guy I responded to. Any cunt who tells a supporter to fuck off for holding the opinion that our players are not sacred cows is a simple cunt who should be called out.

A supporter can be critical of a player or even want a player moved on and still support the club. It's not binary. Any cunt telling a supporter to fuck off on that premise is a cunt and will be called a cunt.

I am also a cunt, but I know I am a cunt.

It happens a lot.

And no, I won't calm down. Fuck the guy I responded to. Any cunt who tells a supporter to fuck off for holding the opinion that our players are not sacred cows is a simple cunt who should be called out.

A supporter can be critical of a player or even want a player moved on and still support the club. It's not binary. Any cunt telling a supporter to fuck off on that premise is a cunt and will be called a cunt.

I am also a cunt, but I know I am a cunt.

You’re not a cunt, you’re a melt.

If this is Hossam Ghaly throwing a shirt or Ndombele walking off, or Jason Cundy slagging us off in the media then fine they owe the club and the fans.

But you are just going full melt because a player made a mistake.

View: https://x.com/collinabanter/status/1733542924644745406?s=46&t=DK3x3JffKkqwqcsQdIeO_A

Before you pile in on Bissouma just remember he was unlucky that the VAR officials decided it was worse than this challenge…

Put simply the officials don’t know what is a red card when they are sat in a room with 20 tv replays and you are expecting a player who is at full speed and deep into the second half to be on the right side of an imaginary rule 100% of the time.

You’re not a cunt, you’re a melt.

If this is Hossam Ghaly throwing a shirt or Ndombele walking off, or Jason Cundy slagging us off in the media then fine they owe the club and the fans.

But you are just going full melt because a player made a mistake.

No, I just refuse to give our players a pass for what we’d be up in arms about if an opponent did it to us. And I refuse to take a position that our players are beyond being judged just because they wear a Spurs shirt.

7 games this season for Bissouma. It’s completely unacceptable.

View: https://x.com/collinabanter/status/1733542924644745406?s=46&t=DK3x3JffKkqwqcsQdIeO_A

Before you pile in on Bissouma just remember he was unlucky that the VAR officials decided it was worse than this challenge…

Put simply the officials don’t know what is a red card when they are sat in a room with 20 tv replays and you are expecting a player who is at full speed and deep into the second half to be on the right side of an imaginary rule 100% of the time.

Drag Race Lol GIF by RuPaul's Drag Race

Let's hope someone in a position of authority and with a shred of reasonableness reviews all these 'above the ankle' challenges at the end of the season and we land with some consistent, and dare I say common sense, decision making for when the 24/25 season comes around. That's the best case outcome IMV.

The current interpretation and application of this law is wildly inconsistent from one game, team and ref to the next. Stating the obvious, laws are supposed to be based on fairness, reasonableness, and promote consistency of decision (i.e. Standardised responses to similar actions) not setting people up to fail. I don't think refs or VAR are intentionally fucking up these decisions - it's a combo of a rule that's not fit for purpose and a proportion of refs who lack the confidence, fortitude and judgement to apply a bit of common sense to one of the most dynamic sports in the world. Hence why it's so unfair to slow motion replay these tackles on a loop! Apply some basic behavioural science to VAR and it'll drastically improve decision-making.

I suspect we get treated harsher than most on average because we tend not to complain either directly (Arteta, Klopp) or via the supposed Vox Pops (Neville and Carragher).

Do I think there will be a change for the better next season? No.

Why wouldn't we lodge an appeal to overturn the Bissouma red? Surely we should?

Btw, I loathe VAR for contact fouls. Of all the things it's used for, that is the most daft. I hope the future football regulator gives fans a big say in things like VAR. It's the fans' game.

Unless you are near the impact, in many instances you won't have a sufficiently accurate sense of the force, and even intent. For that reason alone, VAR should not be used for contact fouls.

But it's not possible to accurately assess from an office miles away. Two instances can look very similar, especially when slowed down, but actually be quite different in impact

They definitely overuse slowmo replays. If you can see the incident at full speed, there is no need for slowmo. The only need for a slowmo is if you didn't see who touched a ball last or something similar.

For 24/25 I'd like them to restrict VAR along the following lines:

- only use VAR for offsides,
- quantify "clear and obvious" threshold - e.g. VAR will only be used if the VAR team believe the attacker was at least 20cm offside
- time-limit - VAR conclusion has to be returned to the pitch within 2 minutes, otherwise game continues

For 24/25 I'd like them to restrict VAR along the following lines:

- only use VAR for offsides,
- quantify "clear and obvious" threshold - e.g. VAR will only be used if the VAR team believe the attacker was at least 20cm offside
- time-limit - VAR conclusion has to be returned to the pitch within 2 minutes, otherwise game continues

Semi Automated offsides are coming next season which should clear up a lot of bullshit contentious decisions and takes the pressure of VAR a little.

Back
Top Bottom