The Dawson Derby, AKA The Andy Reid Derby, AKA The Brennan Johnson Derby - AKA EVERY FUCKING PLAYER EVER- AKA Forest Away - 15/12, 8pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yup, meant no harm, but out of control.
Nkethiah should have gone for the Scum in similar circumstance. Although I'm not sure there wasn't malice involved there.
No requirement for malice. If it’s reckless or endangers a player that’s all that counts. For me I say yellow was sufficient for Biss. I think it was a harsh red tbh. It was side footed and he looks as if his trying to pull. There was defo not the force there that spitty kept going on about.

I thought this too. How can we make the last part of the game exciting? Ooh, let’s allow a clear offside goal to stand. Only to find that they couldn’t. 4 minutes to decide something so blatant is absolutely ridiculous.
Just get the auto offside tech in and should clear up this particular shit show. May VAR refs went for a piss. Just one replay from the right angle was enough.

This is also true of when they don’t flag and play continues and a player could get hurt. VAR then checks its offside. Same thing for dippers last week v palace . Ref didn’t whistle for foul on pool player they go onto score I think or get pen and Virgil gets booked. Var check the foul in build up and ref has to basically re ref those minutes unwinding everything. Same with pen descions play continues other team could score, player breaks a leg and then all of a sudden var tell ref it’s a pen or needs to check it. Stupid really!

Yes he shows total respect for refs, more than any other manager. His reward, Michael Oliver books him for leaving his technical area. He needs to make a point about our players being fouled,badly and no action taken.
How many have been booked for leaving technical area? May be they should just auto yellow managers if they leave tech area so there is no inconsistency.,

Although Spurs deserved the win it was a hard-fought win and if Forest had gotten away with a point it would not have been totally undeserved either, because they (Forest) created a few big chances and played much better against Spurs than West Ham and (they'll never score 2 luckier goals in a game ever) and Wolves.
How Son got a yellow for diving when he should have had a penalty for holding and Yates got away with "waving" yellow cards to the ref - which, according to rules, should have resulted in 2 yellows for Yates (who got away with reckless tackles all thru the game).
England used to be known for having the some of best (and fairest) refs. but not anymore. I don't think it's conspiracy anymore to think that some refs have an agenda against Spurs (and some other teams)
Forest did not get a booking until the 82nd minute (ok, Romero did get away with a yellow)
Someone needs to raise it may be Sonny as captain.

You could make an incredibly long compilation of stuff like this against us this season. There's also no way managers like Howe, Cooper, Hodgeson etc. aren't reviewing footage of our games and going "yup, refs are letting them hack down Spurs, we'll get away with a lot too".

No way they don't talk to each other and discuss this shit either. They must have regular meetings with PGMOL and others about all sorts of stuff, like they do in F1. Perfect opportunity for word to get around.

Thing is, someone's going to get seriously hurt due to these referees incompetence.

That Bissouma tackle doesn't happen if Yates is just booked accordingly. Likely because he's either sent off for numerous fouls or subbed off because he was a danger. The game is basically totally different if there's authority.

It's getting silly. The Udogie yellow was a joke too.
Worse yellow was Sarr - he hardly touched the forest player and was booked for it

Just watched MOTD on iplayer, should really stop wasting my time like this, but anyway... crap show, minimal highlights, no analysis (not that it's usually any good), and a code of silence on the forest butchery against us.

I think he is handling the media superbly, both pre and post match.

He doesn't get involved with the narrative, defends referee's and doesn't get too excited with a win or too disappointed with a loss.

To me he has more maturity than any manager that we have had since Burkinshaw.

No doubt he will have his own thought and actions with Bissouma, but i think he may have had enough with the reckless and unnecessary challenges that will cost us dear especially with the ACN coming up and the lack of midfield cover that we currently have.

Add to that the busy Christmas period coming up and it's put the club is a bad position.

Bissouma should be fined and told by Ange that he is not untouchable regarding a starting position.

I am pissed off with the lack of discipline from him and Romero, as at the end of the day they are both professional in their sport and understand the consequences of their actions.
Think man…..look at some of the terrible fouls inflicted upon our players without any bookings or sendings off whilst our players seem to get booked for much less. Injuries to Maddison and Bentancur for example plus others. Ange needs to speak up on these.

Back
Top Bottom