The Dawson Derby, AKA The Andy Reid Derby, AKA The Brennan Johnson Derby - AKA EVERY FUCKING PLAYER EVER- AKA Forest Away - 15/12, 8pm KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Anyone explain to me how havertz challenge wasn't even a yellow card a couple weeks ago but Romero and bissouma is a straight red? Honest question if anyone has the answer.

No idea what kinda team we're gonna put out over Christmas, tho to be honest the way he's been playing for the last few months bissouma not a massive loss
Indeed ! Ok boss was high but there was no way it was anything like carra kept going on about the intensity and do on. To me it looked a side foot and almost pulling out hardly touched him. Might be wrong though. I’d like to the havertz one and compare.

Always lovely to win away, but another set of absentees for various reasons which is worrying. Obviously very pleased for Richie and Kulu who did well up front. Plenty of good forward play in the first half but Sonny was a bit frustrated and just off the pace for me, lacking a bit of sharpness and composure.

A bit shaky at times. Forest are really not great but we still looked quite dodgy at the back when over-elaborating . I know we have our philosophy but it can look naive to be over-passing in and around our own box, creating our own pressure. Better teams than Forest - and there are many - would capitalise more. But it is entertaining.

Having said all that, I would like to put some praise on Ben Davies. This is the type of game we need that experience. Thought he was outstanding and immensely composed. He showed good positional intelligence throughout. Great club man to have in the squad. And we needed his maturity and calm today. 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿🇬🇧💪

Vicario superb again.

Up The Spurs!
For Everton game do we need height back in defence? Dych will launch Exocets to Calvin and dacquorre.

Didn’t really say that though did I. If you look back at my original post before you altered it you will see that I said VAR was an issue in a list of other issues. I never said VAR created any of the other listed issues.
Why have you amended my original post to something I didn’t write and then replied to it?
Ah, sorry completely misunderstood the paragraph. Agree with all those things. The yellow card waving from Yates alone should have seen him sent off. The inconsistency annoys the fuck out of me.

Indeed ! Ok boss was high but there was no way it was anything like carra kept going on about the intensity and do on. To me it looked a side foot and almost pulling out hardly touched him. Might be wrong though. I’d like to the havertz one and compare.
Stuart Pearce described it has the worst he's ever seen......FFS! Pearce its not even close to what you did during your career.

:bissoumahear:

Stuart Pearce described it has the worst he's ever seen......FFS! Pearce its not even close to what you did during your career.

:bissoumahear:

Wasn't the whole idea with VAR, that it was only going to be used when something was "clear and obvious"???

Now it's used for exactly everything! And som corrupt video-assistent are calling millimeter offsides with some dodgy drawned lines from dodgy camera angles!

And to top things off with corrupt petrol clubs buying titles, cheered on by the journalist "elites"!!

Makes me sick, my football is gone
I wonder how sanguine people would have been if Forest's "goal" had stood last night. Given on the field, despite three players including the scorer being clearly offside.

When we play forest always think of 91 cup final. Strange game that. Clough was nervous as occasion was too big for him. Terry venables took it in his stride. Great manager and great day we lifted the cup.
One of my favourite early football memories. When BBC1 dedicated the day to the cup final.

I had the whole occasion video taped for years.

Didn't have a video recorder with a LP option so had two 3 hour videos stuck together, tab broken off so they couldn't be recorded over.

Used to love going back to watch it all when I had a spare 6 hours.

Reckon my mam still has it somewhere. Might try and dig it out when I'm next there.

Back
Top Bottom