TAG AND SOS

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This is so fucking stupid. Carlito talking about how the Spurs fans are too old to protest.

How about we are old enough to understand that we can't expect the club to punch above it's weight consistently.

How about we're old enough to understand that it takes time to build something solid.

How about we're old enough to understand the dangers of over spending.

How about we're not so immature that we expect instant gratification.

Anyone protesting the ENIC ownership has got to be completely and utterly retarded.

Their main objection seems to be that the owners are just there to make a profit. They don't do it like the Glazers; by financing the purchase through huge loans that they make the club pay back through its revenue. They don't run away with the profits. Nope, the evil, devious fuckers are doing it by building fantastic infrastructure; the best training grounds in the league(?) and a glorious new stadium.

The cheap cunts don't spend City, Chelsea or United money on players either. The fact that City and Chelsea lose a shit ton of millions of pounds each year, and the latter owes its owner hundreds of millions isn't something we should concern ourselves with. Neither is the fact that United earn a hundred million pounds per year more than us simply from jersey sponsorships. Were we get the money from is not our concern, we should spend, spend, spend.

The simple fact of the ENIC matter is:
- We keep punching above our weight.
- We do so while building impressive and very costly infrastructure.
- And while promotion impressive youth from an academy that was far less impressive pre ENIC.

We are probably one of the best run clubs in England.

But fuck all that, we didn't get that pretty decent striker off of WBA, after only bidding enough money to make him the third most expensive signing in the history of the club. ENIC out!

"Melting" seems to have taken a different meaning in the Internet Spurs era.

Melting used to mean "not standing up in what you believe in", " running away", "not facing what is bad for you or the club"

In Internet Spurs land "melting" means looking at the state of the club and blindly saying "it's been shitter than this let's accept the status quo.

When sugar sacked Venables a group of young Spurs fans got together. They called themselves "TAG" the Tottenham action group. Not a cool name but a name that summed them up. They wanted Sugar out, they could see that one man had other interests at heart than the good of the club.

So what did TAG do? They marched, they made Sugars life uncomfortable. They (I) spat on sugar as he entered the club. Chanted obscenities now only reserved for an ex player, long gone.

The attitude now is "it's his club, he can do what he wants", I say, it was sugars club and we made it so he didn't want to stay.

Sugar was (is) an egotist, a one eyed barrow boy with his own interest at heart but I'm not sure he is nearly as bad as Levy. I don't think Sugars plan was ever to make Spurs make him rich, he would have been a complete fool to think in those days it would.....he just got off on the power. Now there are darker forces at work.

A chairman who is in the end game.....unfortunately he can't yet find a mug to pay the asking price to allow the next 10 generations of Levys to put their feet up and enjoy the ill gotten gain of our loyalty.

I would happily March again, I'm old but not that old but it takes a ground swell of young active supporters to make this work. Unfortunately the average young Spurs supporter is more worried about how many points Giroud got in his fantasy team and who he can sign on FIFA online.

We are sleepwalking into and disaster and there is nothing we can do until some fuckers mobilise and makes this cunts life unbearable.

Instead of printing glossy mags, TFC, should be printing LEVY OUT banners. If you don't, we are consigned. The new stadium won't happen because, let's face it, no one will want to put their name to us.

To dare is to do. The club isn't daring......so we should.

COYS XX

Last edited:
So we're looking for an owner who isn't going to turn us in to Man City MKII, but has enough funds to pour in to the club to make us successful but not want to prioritise profit because that would be too much like Levy.

A mega rich person, willing to potentially lose money in order to put the football first, who will finance the club but not turn us in to an oligarch style plaything...

Hmmm...well I don't know if such a person exists, but if anyone can live up to those contradictions I'd assume we're looking for someone who made of magic and can shit rainbows.

If the club learnt to communicate with it's "customers" a little better then some of the Bale money could have been held back for another day without a shitstorm. I felt at the time the money was being spent for spending sakes and I said it to more than one person.

It's just so upsetting that we try to build a football team with one hand tied behind our backs while the other hand is clutching 80m in profit
And herein the problem lies.

Some people think we could have held onto some of the money received for Bale. Others think we're restricting ourselves by not spending every ounce of profit and more of Joe Lewis' billions.

Levy will never get it right, we all want different things. We can say it's right or wrong but he will never get everything correct - he'll make mistakes and he'll make good decisions. We won't all agree (as above shows) but the teams fortunes have vastly improved under Levy, that is a fact.

I remember finishing 12th - 14th every season. It was difficult. We're now one of the best 6 clubs in the country and we probably have more people unhappy now than back then. Why? Because everyone thinks it's just THAT easy to keep pushing on until we're the best in the country - then the world.

You do realise that EVERYONE wants to be better? Everyone has issues and unhappy fans, they all have their own problems and they all have dreams of being - a PL team/mid table club/top half club/top 8/top 6/top 4/champions. It simply isn't possible for everyone to be better, we've been pretty static for a number of years now, but look at the fall of so many other clubs in that time. Not many have maintained status as high as us the past 5 years.

We have a wonderful training ground, a state of the art stadium on the way, and a squad littered with our own academy boys that are capable of maintaining a top 6 finish. We've never been a club littered with world class players, I don't understand where that expectation comes from.

Happy clapper/deluded/foolish - call me what you will. We're a fantastic club, playing regular European football. We have Kane, Mason, Bentaleb, Pritchard, Rose - lads that care about our club.

Fuckin right I'm delighted.

The thing about asking whether we'd have Mansour or ENIC is what is the difference really at this point? Why is ENIC so much better than a Sheikh? Because Joe Lewis is English? Well he also has his residency in the Bahamas so he doesn't have to pay taxes and sent the entire country into a recession in 1992. It's not like our ownership is some paragon of virtue.

What are we supposed to be proud of? That we pay the most in the league to get a minimal amount back? Is that really being run the "right way"? Football is dominated by money now regardless of what club it is. Supporters spend it in massive amounts, clubs make it in massive amounts, some clubs keep that money for themselves, some clubs spend it. We're run the "right way" in the sense that every shirt or ticket we buy helps billionaire get richer and helps keep Daniel Levy as the highest paid executive in the league.

Let's not forget we made the highest ever profit in the HISTORY of the Premier League last season, 80m. It all just feels like we're giving a hell of a lot more than the club are willing to give back us. It's hard to feel like we're being so clearly made into customers. I guess I just think football clubs shouldn't be run for someone to make money, they should actually be about football.

I love watching Spurs play football regardless of results. We could play conference and that would be fine by me. It's not the being shit that does my head in, it is the fact that the club so blatantly does not try to make as good a team as possible. If we didn't have money and were shit it wouldn't bother me. It's just so upsetting that we try to build a football team with one hand tied behind our backs while the other hand is clutching 80m in profit.

Been through it all before and wont again.

But I will leave at this: If you were willing to forgive Modric, and Bale and Berbatov had they been persuaded to stay, then must be a cretin to not do the same for Harry.
Agree not doing Harry thing again mate.

To answer your question - none of those players let their form slip when linked with a move away. They were all better than us and moved onto bigger and better things. None of them cost us top 4 because 4 months before the end of the season they took their eye off the ball because they wanted what is now a less reputable job than the one he had at PL club level.

I will leave it at this: his autobiography. He was tapping up then Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers to be his England assistant whilst our form was going down the pan. In the end it cost us CL football, and not only that, but we surrendered it to our closest and most bitter rivals. That's sackable in my book. Complete disregard and lack of respect for our club.

International Break Check List
  • Levy Out - DONE
  • England jokes - DONE
  • A JDK sanity post - DONE
  • Religion damned - DONE
  • Audrey in Sin Bin - DONE
  • Hope all placed with whoever scores for their country - DONE

This Levy out brigade remind me of the Occupy Wall Street movement. Full of anger with no ideas.
What do we want?
We don't know!
When do we want it?
Now!

If you want people to join your campaign, get a serious campaign. Explain to me who is going to buy the club from ENIC. I want a name. Is it Bill Gates, HSBC whoever. Just get them to put some proposals forward for how they are going to improve the club. Just give me something to get behind. If it is a supporters trust, lets calculate some figures and work out if we can get the money together. Otherwise it is just hot air, like Obama's 'Change' slogan.

6-Down-With-This-Sort-Of-Thing-IMAGE.jpg

As much as I agree with most of what Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante and subsequent posters have said, I think the remedy is different. The only way to hit Levy is where it hurts - the pocket. Marches, banners etc - he won't give a monkeys if the ticket revenue keeps coming in, the season ticket waiting list grows, the broadcasting revenue continues etc. If the stadium starts looking empty - not only does this hurt match day revenue but broadcasters HATE that - he will HAVE to notice. It's a fucking horrible way to protest as it hurts the team but I can't see any other way.

Levy treats the club like a business and he will only get worried when that business's financials deteriorate and the only way we as fans can impact that is not buy tickets.

Personally I think his goal will be to get the stadium built THEN sell the club as a ready made Man Shitty mk II. At which point I will retch.

Im not a middle of the road person, but until there is a few alternatives then its Levy for me.

He´s suffocating the team and has been holding us back on the pitch for years, but it was he too that made the appointments that got us into the CL.
The worrying part is how he destroyed it completely within a season.

Be careful what you wish for. I said that back when the FM club were screaming for Harry´s head.
They all wanted a shiny new toy...the rest is history.

I don't remember that many Spurs fans wanting Harry's head at the time he was sacked. That being said I wasn't on this forum, much as Harry made a meal of the end of the season we'd done really well up to that point and we played fun football.

To be honest I was very down when they sacked him, I know he can be a dick sometimes but it felt like the end of a exciting era.

Had we made a better appointment than AVB it might not have fallen through the floor so badly.

If it came to it, I could accept if we sell my/our soul; win the Champions League before they do........whatever the price yes please! They'd be absolutely gutted and sick about it forever.
More worried about how Woolwich fans feel than you are about our club.

Every fuckin club in Europe wants to win the CL. Why the fuck should we be next? You don't support the best team in Europe, far from it. And quite frankly, I dread to think what our fanbase would become if we were ever purchased by an owner willing to piss hundreds of millions every transfer window. The expectations would be huge, and the moaning would be rife when we don't win the treble every year.

When will people realise - we aren't and never will be Real Madrid/Barcelona/Bayern Munich. If you aren't happy with our improvements as a club under Levy, in my opinion you're never going to be happy. We'll always fall short of your expectations, it will never quite be good enough for you. Finish 3rd - should have been 2nd. Win the league - but went out in the quarters of the CL.

It's a shit thing to say, but if you want to follow one of the best teams in Europe, you need a new club. We're not that, and possibly never will be. I can deal with that - I actually take pride in being a bit different. This country is littered with kids wearing Utd and Liverpool shirts - I don't know how I'd feel about Spurs being that sort of club. I'm not saying I don't want success, but there's something magical about being a Tottenham fan. We're not quite as good as all the popular boys, but we're better than the rest. I can live with that.

Again, why do we hate Roman and the Sheikhs? They plough personal fortunes into their clubs, our billionaire is just increasing his own wealth through us.

Those teams lucked out, no matter what the cause. How did we feel when Drogba tucked that penalty away compared to the chavs? The absolute pits compared to their utter and ultimate elation. We hate Terry with a passion yet he can wave a wheel-barrow of medals and cash in our faces. Would City fans ever swap the last gasp Aguero goal snatching the title from United after watching them dominate for over 20 years while they toiled?

Fuck off would they, I still get goosebumps watching Lennon tap it in the net for 4-4 and what did that point mean in a season we finished 8th and those cunts were top 4 as usual!?

After 1987 (and even that year they did a cup and we fucked up in the final), there have been very few times I've felt we were better than them (in footballing terms). The one time we finished above them and when Harry was in charge and yet we STILL didn't finish above them so ultimately we weren't.

If it came to it, I could accept if we sell my/our soul; win the Champions League before they do........whatever the price yes please! They'd be absolutely gutted and sick about it forever.

1. I want us to do things the right way. Not by buying up the league title in the way Chelsea and City have done. For me, any success we achieve with the club run in a way that is at least relatively fair in terms of our competitors, is worth more than titles and superstar players that are bought. Our fifth place finish last year means more to me than all the chavs' recent trophies. I don't care much if Chelsea win the league or not because I see it as tainted. The Drogba pen was horrible but only because it affected us. I hate it when Woolwich do well because they are run in the correct sort of way.
2. Football is not just about winning, it's about identity and community. There would be loads more jcl's, ticket prices would go through the roof. Those moments like the Lennon equaliser would feel less special because you'd be sharing them, in part, with a load of wankers who wouldn't be there if we weren't successful.
3. Lots of Chelsea's old school freely say that now they've won the trophies they'd freely go back to the days when they were in the second division if they could, when it meant more.
4. Everything is relative to your expectations. For us winning the league cup probably gives the same amount of euphoria if not more, than City fans feel when they win the league.

Be careful what you wish for! If it happened I wouldn't walk away from the club, like I would have done over Stratford. I'd try my best to enjoy the success. But I'd rather we were in the Championship in front of a crowd of proper yids than in the CL final under Abramovich being cheered on by a load of mugs who don't understand what it means to be Tottenham.

Unfortunately the modern generation of fan is generally only interested in expressing their opinion on social media.
The most vociferous anti-Levy mate I have (in his 30s) hasn't been to a game in years, not because he can't afford it but because it is too much effort.

I always bring up the anti-Stratford demos. The one organised by the 'old school' saw a couple of hundred chaps (mindless middle aged ex/current thugs if you like) shut the high road making the away team coach take a different route to the stadium, Levy is a Cunt banners hung on the Bill Nick gates. One fella got a life ban on the back of it.

Fast forward Two weeks and an anti-Straford demo organised on FB had 300 'will attend'. In the end around 10 people showed of which me and a mate made up 20%.

That's the apathy you are up against.

I have always been fairly pro-Levy in the past but am very much on the fence now.

1882 was quite vocal regarding Stub-Hub, perhaps some anti-Levy chants will be heard at Qarabag?
Let's be honest you won't get anti-Levy songs at 1882 It'll take another group like TAG to get anything going. The majority that go think blindly backing the team regardless is the right thing to do (that was me till a couple years ago), even though long-term it does more harm than good as it lets Levy off the hook.

After this summer I'd happily march against Levy & know plenty of others that would to

Have people noticed how many empty seats there have been at the lane recently ?

I'm hoping the penny is starting to drop with a lot of fans about enic.

I personally can't wait for them to fuck off, it will be a magnificent day in the history of THFC

This is the first post on this forum that has properly made me re-think my opinion. And that's because it is articulate, well worded, not rude or sarcastic towards those who may have a different opinion, and not posted by John Thomas John Thomas . ;)

You make some very good points, to be fair!
Okay. Been trying to stay out of this because it's a lose lose thing but... JDK JDK certainly does make valid points however, name one other club run differently right now? Not oil rich like chavs and citeh. Not Man U or arse that have old money or investment. Clubs at 'our' level doing anything different?

People moan about ticket prices, lack of transfer net spend, giving something back to the fans. Well I remember well when we nearly went out of existence. Plenty on here bemoaning Sugar forget Venables nearly took us under. Had his faults? For sure but there's always a bigger picture.

Trouble now is it is the instant Skynews/fifa16/deadline day generation. No idea of the bigger picture. Too many people living in the past. I'm fucking older than most and yet seem to have more patience. Levy/the board have made fuck ups. NO DOUBT. But get behind the team. It could be a whole lot worse.

We did progress yup, but it's was taken away because of zero net spend.... The stadium can be paid for with TV £ alone over the next 10 years. & that doesn't include outside investors & naming rights. Are we saying under enic that with all the other revenue we make nothing? & this is seen as good business? From chopping & changing of managers, players , Olympic bid, archway, transfer dealings, scouting etc, I just don't think we're as well run as some think.

But then will you complain about the net spend? We can't have it both ways. The costs of running a club have to come from somewhere. Doris the tea lady has got bills to pay otherwise I'm sure she'd work for free.

Seems to me that the main problem here, is that the club isn't being run at a loss? I think the main reason there hasn't been a huge groundswell of protests is because things really aren't that bad. Its not that we signed no one, its that we didn't sign the players YOU wanted. Its not that money isn't being spent, its that they're not spending the amount YOU want spent.

Had Kyle walker not scored that own goal, and we'd held on against stoke and everton, we'd have 8 points right now, unbeaten for the season so far and sitting in the top 4 (around crystal palace and leicester). And then i guarantee this thread wouldn't be here. Every season, when something doesnt go perfect from the off, someone has to get blamed. Things aren't going to be perfect unless we become Man City. And tbh, i'd rather have Harry Kane, Rose, Mason and Bentaleb in the side than some £30million+ anybodies.

And its kind of pointless having all this right in the middle of the stadium build. We either should have done this 5 years ago when it was taking long (oh but everyone was perfectly happy then) or in a few years time when its all finished, and we're looking to begin the next era.

What exactly are people saying Enic are doing wrong? Is it that they're not investing loads of money? Because that didn't go to well last time.

Anything except Chelsea, Man City, and more recently Man Utd (who were run superbly until 2 years ago). It fucking hurts to say it but Woolwich are run way better than we are.
Just another point. Imagine if someone high up within Spurs said we had £200m in the bank and all Poch bought was a GK (when we had 2 already).

White Hart Lane would have been burned to the ground the moment deadline day came to a close.

Back
Top Bottom