TAG AND SOS

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The thing about asking whether we'd have Mansour or ENIC is what is the difference really at this point? Why is ENIC so much better than a Sheikh? Because Joe Lewis is English? Well he also has his residency in the Bahamas so he doesn't have to pay taxes and sent the entire country into a recession in 1992. It's not like our ownership is some paragon of virtue.

What are we supposed to be proud of? That we pay the most in the league to get a minimal amount back? Is that really being run the "right way"? Football is dominated by money now regardless of what club it is. Supporters spend it in massive amounts, clubs make it in massive amounts, some clubs keep that money for themselves, some clubs spend it. We're run the "right way" in the sense that every shirt or ticket we buy helps billionaire get richer and helps keep Daniel Levy as the highest paid executive in the league.

Let's not forget we made the highest ever profit in the HISTORY of the Premier League last season, 80m. It all just feels like we're giving a hell of a lot more than the club are willing to give back us. It's hard to feel like we're being so clearly made into customers. I guess I just think football clubs shouldn't be run for someone to make money, they should actually be about football.

I love watching Spurs play football regardless of results. We could play conference and that would be fine by me. It's not the being shit that does my head in, it is the fact that the club so blatantly does not try to make as good a team as possible. If we didn't have money and were shit it wouldn't bother me. It's just so upsetting that we try to build a football team with one hand tied behind our backs while the other hand is clutching 80m in profit.

This is the first post on this forum that has properly made me re-think my opinion. And that's because it is articulate, well worded, not rude or sarcastic towards those who may have a different opinion, and not posted by John Thomas John Thomas . ;)

You make some very good points, to be fair!

International Break Check List
  • Levy Out - DONE
  • England jokes - DONE
  • A JDK sanity post - DONE
  • Religion damned - DONE
  • Audrey in Sin Bin - DONE
  • Hope all placed with whoever scores for their country - DONE

International Break Check List
  • Levy Out - DONE
  • England jokes - DONE
  • A JDK sanity post - DONE
  • Religion damned - DONE
  • Audrey in Sin Bin - DONE
  • Hope all placed with whoever scores for their country - DONE

Glad I could be responsible for one of them.

Last edited:
Come on.... It's because people care. This is about confronting issues and addressing problems. It's got nothing to do with sadism or schadenfreude. We're depressed about the state of a club we love. It's changed. So we're talking about how to make it better.

Not saying you fall into this bracket, but I can't stand passive people or apologists or even people who can't stand confrontation..... I will debate with someone who stands up for ENIC but don't patronize those of us who are dissatisfied with the status quo.

Again, respect you, so no cunting off intended.

:dierpochhug:
Yeah but football is there to be enjoyed. It's just entertainment. A bit of escapism. But we're at the point now where people are actively going out of there way to find negatives so they can have a whinge and a moan.

If I can be positive there's no reason everyone else can't. Some people on here just seem like boring negative cunts.

This is the first post on this forum that has properly made me re-think my opinion.

A lot of people will do that and the new narrative will just go back to the old narrative again, which some people have been saying for months:

Levy and his transfer policy is strangling the club.
He does not back his mangers enough.
His hiring and firing has killed us.
We have regressed since we were a top 4 team.

Like lemmings, many people will now start spouting all the stuff they were calling people cunts for while the window was still open.

Yeah but football is there to be enjoyed. It's just entertainment. A bit of escapism. But we're at the point now where people are actively going out of there way to find negatives so they can have a whinge and a moan.

If I can be positive there's no reason everyone else can't. Some people on here just seem like boring negative cunts.

Im starting to wonder why YOU follow the sport. You keep wondering why everyone else is....yet its you who clearly has no understanding of the emotion invested in following a football club.

A bit of entertainment? There to be enjoyed?
Here mate, I think you are better off taking a bit "escapism" yourself...try this:

connect-four_original.jpg

:pochbye:

You claim its so much more than a game, but then you say its only sometimes you feel that way.
I guess thats why you dont uunderstand what Im complaining about and why.

When Im at the game, and we are playing dog shit football, I dont see it as some amazing experience because there´s a crowd around me.
You really are a miserable cunt aren't you.

A lot of people will do that and the new narrative will just go back to the old narrative again, which some people have been saying for months:

Levy and his transfer policy is strangling the club.
He does not back his mangers enough.
His hiring and firing has killed us.
We have regressed since we were a top 4 team.

Like lemmings, many people will now start spouting all the stuff they were calling people cunts for while the window was still open.

I see your point

This is the first post on this forum that has properly made me re-think my opinion. And that's because it is articulate, well worded, not rude or sarcastic towards those who may have a different opinion, and not posted by John Thomas John Thomas . ;)

You make some very good points, to be fair!

And that's not say I don't see the value of Levy. The reinvigoration of the academy and the training centre have both been masterstrokes. He's done a lot to modernize the club and it is important in this age of football to have someone in charge who understands business. Also, to be fair, much of my negative opinion regarding him can be blamed simply on modern football.

Having said that, the problem is that it always seems we're picking business over football. The priority in almost all situations should be football over business. The club has started to feel like a business with an interest in football.

Levy's actual work on the football team is just starting to feel like groundhog day. Every year we leave positions short that we have known since the start of the summer are weaknesses. It's baffling. Then it inevitably ends with us crying poor when in reality we are making record profits. I understand we have to be stringent with the stadium coming up but we take it to extremes and the football suffers. Plus, almost every manager has fallen out with Levy. That's not a good sign and certainly doesn't make us endearing to other managers who might want to come here.

Levy's not far from being a good chairman but he's failed to learn from his mistakes so many times that I no longer have any reason to believe he'll stop being a bad one. Levy personifies Spurs perfectly: one step forward two steps back.

You really are a miserable cunt aren't you.

And you are pretending to understand football, yet you clearly have no clue whatsoever.

You see watching a game as no different to watching an episode of Game of Thrones.
Dont worry if Im miserable, or a cunt.

Go away and try and feel some kind of emotion in regards to Spurs, instead of pure shameless apathy.
If you cant do that, then piss off and stop telling others to care less because "life´s too short" and other such bollocks.

What are you even doing here discussing things? I dont see a game on. Isnt that all that counts. A bit of entertainment for 90 minutes.

And you are pretending to understand football, yet you clearly have no clue whatsoever.

You see watching a game as no different to watching an episode of Game of Thrones.
Dont worry if Im miserable, or a cunt.

Go away and try and feel some kind of emotion in regards to Spurs, instead of pure shameless apathy.
If you cant do that, then piss off and stop telling others to care less because "life´s too short" and other such bollocks.

What are you even doing here discussing things? I dont see a game on. Isnt that all that counts. A bit of entertainment for 90 minutes.
Been going to football since I was 5 months old. I've a pretty good idea of what I enjoy from it by now.

You continue to moan about board members and managers we haven't had for three years, and I'll keep going to games and we'll see who's happier.

Where are you gonna be sat at 19:45 on the 23rd of September? And are you going to be moaning or having a good time?

Nah.... I don't think anyone is THAT miserable. We're all still be doing Tim Henman fist pumps when we get the consolation goal in the 90th minute when 3-0 down away to Watford.....!

Everyone on here loves the club. Moaning doesn't mean you're miserable.

I'll have a fucking moan now actually. How dull is an international weekend?!?!

It seems sometimes people think changing owners is like changing managers.

It's not. We're stuck with ENIC, and Levy, until THEY see fit to leave. No amount of bitching and moaning will change that fact.

If you think protests, banners, whatever is going to get the anonymous Joe Lewis to sell up, you are the height of naivety. That's why he employs and pays Levy so handsomely with all the perks of an owner, to take this shit.

Levy quits due to pressure from the fans (unlikely to impossible)? Lewis just brings in another puppet to keep the profit machine going.

Just get behind the players and manager that is here. It's our only option.

Asperger's ?

Back
Top Bottom