TAG AND SOS

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Melting" seems to have taken a different meaning in the Internet Spurs era.

Melting used to mean "not standing up in what you believe in", " running away", "not facing what is bad for you or the club"

In Internet Spurs land "melting" means looking at the state of the club and blindly saying "it's been shitter than this let's accept the status quo.

When sugar sacked Venables a group of young Spurs fans got together. They called themselves "TAG" the Tottenham action group. Not a cool name but a name that summed them up. They wanted Sugar out, they could see that one man had other interests at heart than the good of the club.

So what did TAG do? They marched, they made Sugars life uncomfortable. They (I) spat on sugar as he entered the club. Chanted obscenities now only reserved for an ex player, long gone.

The attitude now is "it's his club, he can do what he wants", I say, it was sugars club and we made it so he didn't want to stay.

Sugar was (is) an egotist, a one eyed barrow boy with his own interest at heart but I'm not sure he is nearly as bad as Levy. I don't think Sugars plan was ever to make Spurs make him rich, he would have been a complete fool to think in those days it would.....he just got off on the power. Now there are darker forces at work.

A chairman who is in the end game.....unfortunately he can't yet find a mug to pay the asking price to allow the next 10 generations of Levys to put their feet up and enjoy the ill gotten gain of our loyalty.

I would happily March again, I'm old but not that old but it takes a ground swell of young active supporters to make this work. Unfortunately the average young Spurs supporter is more worried about how many points Giroud got in his fantasy team and who he can sign on FIFA online.

We are sleepwalking into and disaster and there is nothing we can do until some fuckers mobilise and makes this cunts life unbearable.

Instead of printing glossy mags, TFC, should be printing LEVY OUT banners. If you don't, we are consigned. The new stadium won't happen because, let's face it, no one will want to put their name to us.

To dare is to do. The club isn't daring......so we should.

COYS XX

Last edited:
"Melting" seems to have taken a different meaning in the Internet Spurs era.

Melting used to mean "not standing up in what you believe in", " running away", "not facing what is bad for you or the club"

In Internet Spurs land "melting" means looking at the state of the club and blindly saying "it's been shitter than this let's accept the status quo.

When sugar sacked Venables a group of young Spurs fans got together. They called themselves "TAG" the Tottenham action group. Not a cool name but a name that summed them up. They wanted Sugar out, they could see that one man had other interests at heart than the good of the club.

So what did TAG do? They marched, they made Sugars life uncomfortable. They (I) spat on sugar as he entered the club. Chanted obscenities now only reserved for an ex player, long gone.

The attitude now is "it's his club, he can do what he wants", I say, it was sugars club and we made it so he didn't want to stay.

Sugar was (is) an egotist, a one eyed barrow boy with his own interest at heart but I'm not sure he is nearly as bad as Levy. I don't think Sugars plan was ever to make Spurs make him rich, he would have been a complete fool to think in those days it would.....he just got off on the power. Now there are darker forces at work.

A chairman who is in the end game.....unfortunately he can't yet find a mug to pay the asking price to allow the next 10 generations of Levys to put their feet up and enjoy the ill gotten gain of our loyalty.

I would happily March again, I'm old but not that old but it takes a ground swell of young active supporters to make this work. Unfortunately the average young Spurs supporter is more worried about how many points Giroud got in his fantasy team and who he can sign on FIFA online.

We are sleepwalking into and disaster and there is nothing we can do until some fuckers mobilise and makes this cunts life unbearable.

Instead of printing glossy mags, TFC, should be printing LEVY OUT banners. If you don't, we are consigned. The new stadium won't happen because, let's face it, no one will want to put their name to us.

To dare is to do. The club isn't daring......so we should.

COYS XX

If you read SC and SO etc. the narrative is still that EUNUCH are doing brilliant. Anyone that deviants from this view is a wum/melt and not a real supporter.

Any fool can see what is happening. Asset stripping basically. You would normally love this. But I digress.

There is still a vocal majority that want the whore reintegrated. Why! They plead why? He is on his day brilliant. His day went nearly 4 years ago. Still this scum leaches off our club. Why? Because teflon Dan thought he knew about football and got a bargain, when every knowledgeable Spurs fan knew it was always going to end like this. Well not actually like this. I never imagined we would enter a season with just one recognised striker.

We whore ourselves out to the likes of Southhampton and West Brom and still are shunned. Levy is more embarrasing to this club than Sugar ever was. Although he was damaging to Spurs. His inside deal to secure SKY's takeover of football so he could sell his set top receivers and dishes was his biggest crime.

Levy's crimes are more personal to me. The best we can hope for in the near future is a leveraged buy out a la Glazier so ENIC get their billion but we as a club are saddled with the debt.

Ironically any deal atm comes with the caveat Telflon Dan is still the chairman.

The average age of season ticket holders is over 39. Where does the match day passion come from? Just moans and groans and then going home to the wife and kids. It's not just us it's endemic.

I'm almost beyond caring tbh. But yeah I would march against Levy.

Anyway. I wished I had quoted your initial post. Good edit.

Unfortunately the modern generation of fan is generally only interested in expressing their opinion on social media.
The most vociferous anti-Levy mate I have (in his 30s) hasn't been to a game in years, not because he can't afford it but because it is too much effort.

I always bring up the anti-Stratford demos. The one organised by the 'old school' saw a couple of hundred chaps (mindless middle aged ex/current thugs if you like) shut the high road making the away team coach take a different route to the stadium, Levy is a Cunt banners hung on the Bill Nick gates. One fella got a life ban on the back of it.

Fast forward Two weeks and an anti-Straford demo organised on FB had 300 'will attend'. In the end around 10 people showed of which me and a mate made up 20%.

That's the apathy you are up against.

I have always been fairly pro-Levy in the past but am very much on the fence now.

1882 was quite vocal regarding Stub-Hub, perhaps some anti-Levy chants will be heard at Qarabag?

If you read SC and SO etc. the narrative is still that EUNUCH are doing brilliant. Anyone that deviants from this view is a wum/melt and not a real supporter.

Any fool can see what is happening. Asset stripping basically. You would normally love this. But I digress.

There is still a vocal majority that want the whore reintegrated. Why! They plead why? He is on his day brilliant. His day went nearly 4 years ago. Still this scum leaches off our club. Why? Because teflon Dan thought he knew about football and got a bargain, when every knowledgeable Spurs fan knew it was always going to end like this. Well not actually like this. I never imagined we would enter a season with just one recognised striker.

We whore ourselves out to the likes of Southhampton and West Brom and still are shunned. Levy is more embarrasing to this club than Sugar ever was. Although he was damaging to Spurs. His inside deal to secure SKY's takeover of football so he could sell his set top receivers and dishes was his biggest crime.

Levy's crimes are more personal to me. The best we can hope for in the near future is a leveraged buy out a la Glazier so ENIC get their billion but we as a club are saddled with the debt.

Ironically any deal atm comes with the caveat Telflon Dan is still the chairman.

The average age of season ticket holders is over 39. Where does the match day passion come from? Just moans and groans and then going home to the wife and kids. It's not just us it's endemic.

I'm almost beyond caring tbh. But yeah I would march against Levy.

Anyway. I wished I had quoted your initial post. Good edit.

I think on SC it's more the mods than the general posters. The mods even defend us putting in last second bids and having no alternatives leaving bigs holes in the squad. They are more pro levy than pro spurs, if Levy left to run Aston Villa they'd probably rename the forum Villa Community.

I am not not totally against Levy but neither would I be desperate for him to stay. We keep sacking managers, not getting the players we need and do it on repeat then wonder why we always have false dawns.

I think if Poch gets the boot then I am done with him.

As much as I agree with most of what Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante and subsequent posters have said, I think the remedy is different. The only way to hit Levy is where it hurts - the pocket. Marches, banners etc - he won't give a monkeys if the ticket revenue keeps coming in, the season ticket waiting list grows, the broadcasting revenue continues etc. If the stadium starts looking empty - not only does this hurt match day revenue but broadcasters HATE that - he will HAVE to notice. It's a fucking horrible way to protest as it hurts the team but I can't see any other way.

Levy treats the club like a business and he will only get worried when that business's financials deteriorate and the only way we as fans can impact that is not buy tickets.

Personally I think his goal will be to get the stadium built THEN sell the club as a ready made Man Shitty mk II. At which point I will retch.

Im not a middle of the road person, but until there is a few alternatives then its Levy for me.

He´s suffocating the team and has been holding us back on the pitch for years, but it was he too that made the appointments that got us into the CL.
The worrying part is how he destroyed it completely within a season.

Be careful what you wish for. I said that back when the FM club were screaming for Harry´s head.
They all wanted a shiny new toy...the rest is history.

I've just never trusted him & that he's truly got the football side of the clubs best interests. The plan they have in regards to what happens on the pitch changes like the wind, that annoys me.

I've yet to be told what he has done , outside of THFC, that has been a success . Every other business has fallen flat on its arse, they're (enic) always seem to look for a quick buck & there has been many occasions where they have walked leaving behind a mess or questions. But I guess that's what an investment company does.

With Spurs they see a cash cow but seem to struggle to get things in motion, it's 13 years since the 1st mention of a stadium. I'm also without a shadow of doubt that they'll sell up if anyone will meet their evaluation of the club, regardless who is the buyer.

I think it's fine to raise concerns & it's hardly melting, I get behind the team as much as anyone I just don't like how the business side is run.

Im not a middle of the road person, but until there is a few alternatives then its Levy for me.

He´s suffocating the team and has been holding us back on the pitch for years, but it was he too that made the appointments that got us into the CL.
The worrying part is how he destroyed it completely within a season.

Be careful what you wish for. I said that back when the FM club were screaming for Harry´s head.
They all wanted a shiny new toy...the rest is history.

I don't remember that many Spurs fans wanting Harry's head at the time he was sacked. That being said I wasn't on this forum, much as Harry made a meal of the end of the season we'd done really well up to that point and we played fun football.

To be honest I was very down when they sacked him, I know he can be a dick sometimes but it felt like the end of a exciting era.

Had we made a better appointment than AVB it might not have fallen through the floor so badly.

Unfortunately the modern generation of fan is generally only interested in expressing their opinion on social media.
The most vociferous anti-Levy mate I have (in his 30s) hasn't been to a game in years, not because he can't afford it but because it is too much effort.

I always bring up the anti-Stratford demos. The one organised by the 'old school' saw a couple of hundred chaps (mindless middle aged ex/current thugs if you like) shut the high road making the away team coach take a different route to the stadium, Levy is a Cunt banners hung on the Bill Nick gates. One fella got a life ban on the back of it.

Fast forward Two weeks and an anti-Straford demo organised on FB had 300 'will attend'. In the end around 10 people showed of which me and a mate made up 20%.

That's the apathy you are up against.

I have always been fairly pro-Levy in the past but am very much on the fence now.

1882 was quite vocal regarding Stub-Hub, perhaps some anti-Levy chants will be heard at Qarabag?
Let's be honest you won't get anti-Levy songs at 1882 It'll take another group like TAG to get anything going. The majority that go think blindly backing the team regardless is the right thing to do (that was me till a couple years ago), even though long-term it does more harm than good as it lets Levy off the hook.

After this summer I'd happily march against Levy & know plenty of others that would to

Have people noticed how many empty seats there have been at the lane recently ?

I'm hoping the penny is starting to drop with a lot of fans about enic.

I personally can't wait for them to fuck off, it will be a magnificent day in the history of THFC

I don't think Sugars plan was ever to make Spurs make him rich, he would have been a complete fool to think in those days it would

Sugar made over 40 million from Spurs.

A chairman who is in the end game.....unfortunately he can't yet find a mug to pay the asking price

The end game? What to sells Spurs? You want to fuck up his end game of selling Spurs by making him sell Spurs?

The new stadium won't happen because, let's face it, no one will want to put their name to us.

What do you think all that construction work is? You are going to have a real shock when you turn up at WHL next season and the team isnt there

People say he's been scattershot with his manager decisions but when I think back to the time that they happened I was reasonably happy with most of them, the main exception was AVB who I vehemently opposed...but then that was because I wanted Brendan Rodgers...

The handling of Jol's departure was another low point and even though I thought Jol was losing his way, he didn't deserve what he got.

With age comes reluctance , apathy , exceptance that's your lot , and your time has come .
Where ever ENIC have been they leave a trail of discord , and turmoil .
They realise the fan base is largely senile and can control it to their benefit . The occasional
propaganda statements tell us nothing . Globalisation and a bland happy clapper fan base is their aim . So what if Sugat or Lewis are one less evil
than the other . Two wrongs never make it right .
It is time to step up and the responsibility should be shared to show that a large element of
fan base want change. The others who support them can sit on the fence, shout for them ,
die for them .
At the moment the ENIC OUtT Twitter iworthless as it has no direction .
1882 are cheer leaders without ever saying anything .
Harry Hotspur blog after years has come round to realise that they must go .
TFC boys seem part of the problem as maybe to be relative upbeat means selling more
bits and pieces . They have a platform to be far more objective .
The tottenham trust should be ended . It has been toothless and in some ways constantly
out played by Levy.
I have no answers , but there must be a collective responsibility to show that many have had
enough . THFC is a brand to them , they have no emotion ties but to milk the product for
massive gain at the expense of silverware (as that takes investment )
We deserve them if we do nothing and let these parasites suck the life out of our club.

Back
Top Bottom