TAG AND SOS

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was making the point that we were good enough to win those games. The failure of the players and coach to get the results was down to factors (mentioned) that can be addressed and corrected, Its not lack of talent. It wasn't bad luck, luck will always play it part and I believe you create your own. If the players really want to turn this around, its within their capability. Poch needs to step up his game also.

I know what you're getting at but the point is I see that as just not being good enough. Jury definitely still out on Poch for me.

Been through it all before and wont again.

But I will leave at this: If you were willing to forgive Modric, and Bale and Berbatov had they been persuaded to stay, then must be a cretin to not do the same for Harry.
Agree not doing Harry thing again mate.

To answer your question - none of those players let their form slip when linked with a move away. They were all better than us and moved onto bigger and better things. None of them cost us top 4 because 4 months before the end of the season they took their eye off the ball because they wanted what is now a less reputable job than the one he had at PL club level.

I will leave it at this: his autobiography. He was tapping up then Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers to be his England assistant whilst our form was going down the pan. In the end it cost us CL football, and not only that, but we surrendered it to our closest and most bitter rivals. That's sackable in my book. Complete disregard and lack of respect for our club.

Errr, no.

Because Levy being Levy sacked that manager and destroyed everything.

Our ideal owner would have seen we had something good, and have the ability to carefully build on that.
Carefully build on the bloke actively seeking another job? How exactly is that possible?

Poch wanted his targets early. He outlined that as massively important to his plans.

Other than Toby, he didnt get his targets early. Do you honestly believe Njie and Son were his choices too?
This time, I thought Levy might do it differently and back his manager. He didnt. He prioritised selling his own deadwood and left Pochettino short.

What makes you think he wont sack Poch before the new stadium is built? What has he done differently that he did to AVB this window? Its the same memo, the points are not on the board, the squad is weak, and there one man who´s head is on the block. And its not Daniel.

There is one reason why we are giving the likes of Carroll, Mason, Pritchard and Alli actual first team roles and nothing to do with romance or building. Its because we hit gold last season with Kane and we are hoping to save a buck and do it again with some youth.

Mason should not be the first name on our team sheet and not signing a DM was pathetic, despite Dier doing ok there. The pressure on Kane is already showing, and the fact we have wingers that can we can play out of position in an emergency doesnt make everything ok.
You could be writing this about many clubs?

none of those players let their form slip when linked with a move away.

None of them had a prison sentence hanging over their heads while still turning up for work.
However two of them did refuse to play and tour, and the other refused to train. Bravo.

They were all better than us and moved onto bigger and better things.

Which is why you will still be lauding Levy when Lloris, Eriksen and Kane are sold

None of them cost us top 4 because 4 months before the end of the season they took their eye off the ball because they wanted what is now a less reputable job than the one he had at PL club level.

We came 4th

Last edited:
Poch wanted his targets early. He outlined that as massively important to his plans.

Other than Toby, he didnt get his targets early. Do you honestly believe Njie and Son were his choices too?
This time, I thought Levy might do it differently and back his manager. He didnt. He prioritised selling his own deadwood and left Pochettino short.

What makes you think he wont sack Poch before the new stadium is built? What has he done differently that he did to AVB this window? Its the same memo, the points are not on the board, the squad is weak, and there one man who´s head is on the block. And its not Daniel.

There is one reason why we are giving the likes of Carroll, Mason, Pritchard and Alli actual first team roles and nothing to do with romance or building. Its because we hit gold last season with Kane and we are hoping to save a buck and do it again with some youth.

Mason should not be the first name on our team sheet and not signing a DM was pathetic, despite Dier doing ok there. The pressure on Kane is already showing, and the fact we have wingers that can we can play out of position in an emergency doesnt make everything ok.
For the record, Im fully behing Poch, however I feel it he may not be up to the job. Time will tell and I realy hope im wrong.

Ha ha. The levy (or Lev lovers) are insane. You cats should wise up. There's nothing for you chaps except self abasement . You guys have no aim. Couldn't be arsed to read a load of essays by boring people. Fucking Spurs eh? Moaniest shit fans in the world. We used to be so good - what the fuck has happened?

QPR fans are funnier and not up their own arse - Spurs fans? Bunch of humorless entitled cunts who listen to morons. Carry on moaning - wankers.

Many clubs play shit football, so we should also accept it here then
Im not saying we shoulds accept shite football at WHL. . Im just saying your arguments could be levied at most clubs. All have thier own agenda on here and want to bang thier drum the loudest. We should stop the negative comments and only look for good..

Last edited:
Levy gets BATTERED in every transfer window for not spending more than we make

Levy gets battered because of the lack of common sense, its not always about spending shitloads, its about signing the players we need in a timely fashion. I'm not a Poch fan but if Levy is serious about him then he should giving him the tools for the job.

Why did the moment that Levy returned from holiday did we start to sign players? He should be having his holidays at the same time as the rest of the club have theirs.

Levy is the one consistent thing at Spurs, he got in Commoli because he wanted a DoF, Commoli spent badly and Levy got rid of the position because we were in the shitter because of it. Fast forward several years, he hires another DoF, yet again a lot of money is spent badly and the DoF is dumped. How long before he flirts with the DoF model again?

How many more times can the same mistakes be made?

Too many people around think that being positive and patient automatically equals success on the pitch. Professionalism, hard work and the correct decisions being made will make that happen. There is nothing wrong with questioning the decisions made by the Dear Leader, you'll question why a player did X, Y or Z quick enough. You sit there being all positive and smiley about everything, you are the type of supporter that Daniel Levy and ENIC want. Without any pressure being put on Levy then he'll continue to make hit and miss decisions and think we are all happy with it.

If the club learnt to communicate with it's "customers" a little better then some of the Bale money could have been held back for another day without a shitstorm. I felt at the time the money was being spent for spending sakes and I said it to more than one person.

Come the January transfer window and should we need to buy a striker then we'll be held to ransom.

Something that nobody has really mention, they want to put up Season ticket prices next season despite all that extra TV money. That takes the piss, how about justifying that first with some success on the pitch.

Back
Top Bottom