TAG AND SOS

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Someone said abou
If no one complains then Daniel Levy continues to assume that he's either doing a great job, or we can't see through his smokescreen and bullshit, pressure is put onto the players and manager so its about time that applies to the chairman and his decisions. There are a lot of myths that the pro-Levy brigade cling to such as what a fantastic negotiator he is transfer wise, he has a reputation within the game, not a good one and it tarnishes the reputation of the club.

We've gone backwards for the last few years and it's been poor decision followed by poor decision. Did we really need to spend all of that Bale money in one go? Common sense would have seen us spend half or two thirds of it and then spend the rest later on. In the January transfer window we would have had funds to spend on players from Champion League dropouts that could have really made a positive difference in the second half of the season.

What kind of idiot gives Adebayor a four year deal without any get-out clauses given his reputation? Everyone could see that was going to end in tears.

With a new stadium on the horizon these should be exciting times to be a Spurs supporter but they aren't! People are depressed, even disinterested in their team and he'll find that he struggles to fill the new stadium if the footballing decisions continue to be poor. A half full stadium will make it harder to sell the club.

Levy either sorts out his shit or goes, enough is enough.

great post

I really don't understand how some of you manage to take such an interest in something that makes you all so miserable.
Come on.... It's because people care. This is about confronting issues and addressing problems. It's got nothing to do with sadism or schadenfreude. We're depressed about the state of a club we love. It's changed. So we're talking about how to make it better.

Not saying you fall into this bracket, but I can't stand passive people or apologists or even people who can't stand confrontation..... I will debate with someone who stands up for ENIC but don't patronize those of us who are dissatisfied with the status quo.

Again, respect you, so no cunting off intended.

:dierpochhug:

You just said we were better run than Woolwich. Why shouldnt we expect to be better than them?

It would take a lot less time if we didnt keep destroying the foundations and starting over again.....and again.....and again.....and again.......................

When we bid for Berahino, would we have been overspending? If we signed Njie and Son 2wks before the season started would it have been overspending?
Is it dangerous to plan your transfer window too? Or is it just yet another shit excuse from you before you backtrack and claim you are simply bad at explaining things...........

There is nothing instant about 2 Carling Cups since 1999. The last one was seven years ago now.

1. Imo we've been better run the last 10 years because they used to be top, now they are 3.5th., while we used to be 11th and now are 5.5th. They have regressed from being one of the best teams in the world, one of the most attractive teams to watch, one of the most attractive teams to play for, to being barely better than their North London rivals who used to be mid table. They are worse than they were, despite having all they needed to keep or improve on their position. We were very close to not only close the gap, but surpass them, despite lacking the resources and the lure gained from participating in the CL.

2. Of course, if every risky investert proved to be a success the road to the top would be shorter, but that just isn't likely.

3. We probably would be overspending if we were to pay WBA enough for the to let him go. We have no idea how much that would be, afaik.

I don't disagree that it would be preferable to have all deals done early. But our priorities seemed pretty clear; fix the defence, clean up the squad, if possible add some pace to the attack. I don't disagree with the priorities and I think it would be difficult to do all at once. We're not the only club to sign late in the window.

Do you remember the dates of the signings of Ozil and Sanchez to your well oiled Woolwich machinery?

4. Not sure what you mean about backtracking. I never changed what I said, just had to soon feed it, as it seems I've misunderstood the meaning of "need".

With a new stadium on the horizon these should be exciting times to be a Spurs supporter but they aren't! People are depressed, even disinterested in their team and he'll find that he struggles to fill the new stadium if the footballing decisions continue to be poor. A half full stadium will make it harder to sell the club.

Levy either sorts out his shit or goes, enough is enough.

These are exciting times so embrace it and stop the negativity.
Disintrest is with football as a whole not direct at us as a club.

I don't believe you can lay them at Levy. Players, supporters and the coach - need to come together as one, unfortunately its disjointed. People talk about a core of a team. A club needs it core, from supporters through to the board. We always self discriminate because we live in the past-have expectations that are unrealistic so never achieve them.

A new stadium will be a great platform to push us forward.

Well I'm afraid we were. With a bit more conviction, bottle, desire, whatever was needed to get the result, it was within our capability. We have the players, however, they seem to not apply themselves to the job in hand. Whether that is players mentality or poor coaching, the talent is there and waiting to happen. Poch needs to step up as well.

Yes so in other words we were lacking a mixture of some or all of those things to NOT be good enough to take the points. People tried to cling to the usual 'unlucky' tag after OT but, some called it as the next few games showed it to be; lacking far more than just a bit of luck so far.

We've gone backwards for the last few years and it's been poor decision followed by poor decision. Did we really need to spend all of that Bale money in one go? Common sense would have seen us spend half or two thirds of it and then spend the rest later on.

If Levy had walked away that summer with £30m of the Bale money unspent, the fans would have gone batshit mental!

Yes so in other words we were lacking a mixture of some or all of those things to NOT be good enough to take the points. People tried to cling to the usual 'unlucky' tag after OT but, some called it as the next few games showed it to be; lacking far more than just a bit of luck so far.
I was making the point that we were good enough to win those games. The failure of the players and coach to get the results was down to factors (mentioned) that can be addressed and corrected, Its not lack of talent. It wasn't bad luck, luck will always play it part and I believe you create your own. If the players really want to turn this around, its within their capability. Poch needs to step up his game also.

We've gone backwards for the last few years and it's been poor decision followed by poor decision. Did we really need to spend all of that Bale money in one go?
Levy gets BATTERED in every transfer window for not spending more than we make. Net spend net spend net spend. It's all I ever hear. And now I see we didn't need to spend all the Bale money - and you get 5 or 6 agrees!!

Amazing. It's no wonder Levy doesn't give a fuck about us. At least he's run our club consistently during his tenure - people change their tune every week on here as to how we should conduct our business

Still no one has been able to say who their ideal owner/club model is.

I'm genuinely interested - who do we want to be like? Who's model should we be copying? I just don't see many others out there that I am envious of. German clubs, but that is because of the 50+1 rule set up by the league.

Anyone? Who and why?

These are exciting times so embrace it and stop the negativity.
Disintrest is with football as a whole not direct at us as a club.

I don't believe you can lay them at Levy. Players, supporters and the coach - need to come together as one, unfortunately its disjointed. People talk about a core of a team. A club needs it core, from supporters through to the board. We always self discriminate because we live in the past-have expectations that are unrealistic so never achieve them.

A new stadium will be a great platform to push us forward.

Poch wanted his targets early. He outlined that as massively important to his plans.

Other than Toby, he didnt get his targets early. Do you honestly believe Njie and Son were his choices too?
This time, I thought Levy might do it differently and back his manager. He didnt. He prioritised selling his own deadwood and left Pochettino short.

What makes you think he wont sack Poch before the new stadium is built? What has he done differently that he did to AVB this window? Its the same memo, the points are not on the board, the squad is weak, and theres one man who´s head is on the block. And its not Daniel.

There is one reason why we are giving the likes of Carroll, Mason, Pritchard and Alli actual first team roles and its nothing to do with romance or building. Its because we hit gold last season with Kane and we are hoping to save a buck and do it again with some youth.

Mason should not be the first name on our team sheet and not signing a DM was pathetic, despite Dier doing ok there. The pressure on Kane is already showing, and the fact we have wingers that we can play out of position in an emergency doesnt make everything ok.

Last edited:
Still no one has been able to say who their ideal owner/club model is.

I'm genuinely interested - who do we want to be like? Who's model should we be copying? I just don't see many others out there that I am envious of. German clubs, but that is because of the 50+1 rule set up by the league.

Anyone? Who and why?

How about Tottenham Hotspur around 2009-2012, only we dont sack the successful manager who has the club playing brilliant football and gaining plaudits from top managers like SAF, and beating the likes of Inter and Milan, and Woolwich away. And instead we support him the transfer market.

How about that for an idea?

Last edited:
How about Tottenham Hotspur around 2009-2012, only we dont sack the successful manager who has the club playing brilliant football and gaining plaudits from top managers like SAF, and beating the likes in Inter and Milan, and Woolwich away. And instead we support him in the transfer market.

Well we only have one man to blame for not having the same manager still now as then, and it ain't Levy.

Just said that too mate. Can't believe I read that to be honest.

If Levy hadn't spent the money the fans would be demanding to know why. Levy would have to release a club statement, we'd probably make a thread about it on here, and everyone could cunt him off for being a tightfisted cunt.

How about Tottenham Hotspur around 2009-2012, only we dont sack the successful manager who has the club playing brilliant football and gaining plaudits from top managers like SAF, and beating the likes in Inter and Milan, and Woolwich away. And instead we support him in the transfer market.

So our ideal owner instead of Levy is...Levy!

I agree.

Case closed.

/thread.

Well we only have one man to blame for not having the same manager still now as then, and it ain't Levy.

Been through it all before and wont again.

But I will leave it at this: If you would have been willing to forgive Modric, and Bale and Berbatov had they been persuaded to stay, then you must be a cretin to not do the same for Harry.

Last edited:
Levy gets BATTERED in every transfer window for not spending more than we make. Net spend net spend net spend. It's all I ever hear. And now I see we didn't need to spend all the Bale money - and you get 5 or 6 agrees!!

Amazing. It's no wonder Levy doesn't give a fuck about us. At least he's run our club consistently during his tenure - people change their tune every week on here as to how we should conduct our business

Myself personally I wanted 3 or 4 top class players in with his money. I think we went a bit mad with getting so many in.

But oh well what's done is done. Hopefully the signings this time will click, I'm very excited about Son

Back
Top Bottom