TAG AND SOS

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not the fans job to pick an owner . That'll be enic's job & im sure it'll be to the highest bidder regardless of who it is. It's simply a case of the current one , and how it does its business,not sitting comfortably with many fans

If you want a name , I'll give you Lord Zarg of Bellerophon in the Pegasus sector. He shits diamonds & can build structures , instantly , by thought.

City and Chaves are new 'big' clubs without roots. Players and coaches do not have to understand anything about the clubs, just spend and buy and win games. We go deeper than that, we expect, we compare, we have history that seems to sometimes to get in the way. It clouds supporters minds, it gives players a sense of achievement signing for a 'big' club although we can't produce it on the pitch. Some older commentators still get excited about THFC on TV beyond what the younger viewer understands? Unfortunately we will need to let go of the past and embrace the future. We are in such a strong position to push forward we should be excited rather than miserable.

People keep saying how well run Woolwich are, which is fucking bullshit - twice the bullshit when someone who thinks Levy is cheap says it.

From 97/98 to 04/05 they won three times and came second five times. Since then they've been third four times and fourth six times. They have clearly regressed, despite not having had disruptive manager changes and despite having CL money.

In the same period of time we have progressed from mid table to top four contenders. Without cheat money, without a steady income of CL money.

Progressing without CL money is better than regressing with it. Woolwich were extremely lucky not to lose out on CL on several occasions.

We're a much better run club.

Better run than Woolwich! Any arse fan reading this forum would be in stitches, this is delusion on a grand scale.

:chadliblow::levylol:

I don't think things are that bad. I remember TAG and how great it was to get rid of Sugar but things were a lot worse then. Now we needed a striker so we tried to get Berahino and failed but we've still got one of the best strikers in the country and spent Β£40 million quid on attacking players with pace. When Sugar was in charge we had Armstrong and Iversen for years who, when they weren't injured, were rubbish. When we desperately needed strikers we signed Dave Mcewan from Dulwich Hamlet. I can't see how that's comparable. Things aren't perfect at the moment but let's just get on with it and make the Lane a fun place for us to go and hell for the away team.

Yeah but football is there to be enjoyed. It's just entertainment. A bit of escapism.
You're right to say that football is there to be enjoyed, but I can't agree with it being just entertainment / escapism. My idea of entertainment is a good time (concerts, theatre, cinema, night down the pub, meal out) and if it doesn't turn out not to be that great, you shrug and say 'ah well, won't do that again in a hurry'. Being a Spurs supporter is so much more profound than that - when Spurs don't win, I'm miserable as sin and make everybody near me miserable too, but it doesn't enter my mind not to put myself through the same torture week after week, season after season.
Going back to the original post, I don't think ENIC get it right every time, and some of the decisions they have taken make me shake my head in disbelief. However, they have kept us on a financial even keel for yonks, and we need a steady ship in the next few years until the new stadium is up and running. Not sure campaigning to get rid of Levy/ENIC will put us in a better situation - knowing our luck, we'll get someone even worse!

When its all said and done, the choice is between moaning about something thats not going to change. Or not moaning about something thats not going to change. Things are going pretty swimmingly for us at the moment. We have no god given right to be finishing in the top 6, and there are many teams that would love to knock us off that perch. And yet year after year, for quite a while now, there we are. Perhaps people underestimate just what it takes to be a sustained top 6 club. Perhaps people think us finishing 5th, above liverpool last season was inevitable. I don't know.
But what i do know, is its a pretty fun time to be a spurs supporter. Part of me is a bit gutted i'll never get to take my child to white hart lane. But then also at the same time, part of me is looking forward to being able to fit through the turnstiles, and to sit in chairs made for human being sized people. I can sure as shit say traveling to brussels and monaco is gonna be a laugh, win lose or draw. Far more so than some of the cold cup games up north i went to in the 90's. Some peoples overpriced tottenham branded glasses are half empty, mines half full.

Life is short. Spammy's a twat. TTID. Beale out xxxx

Been going to football since I was 5 months old. I've a pretty good idea of what I enjoy from it by now.

You continue to moan about board members and managers we haven't had for three years, and I'll keep going to games and we'll see who's happier.

Where are you gonna be sat at 19:45 on the 23rd of September? And are you going to be moaning or having a good time?

Leave it out. It's such a pony argument.

I'll be Park Lane Lower on the 23rd. That by default doesn't mean I'll have good time. If we continue to serve up the same shite that's been dished out over the past year / year and a half, I can tell you now I won't be having a good time.

If we're three down after 60 minutes, i assume you'll be the fella standing there with a grin plastered all over his face?

Do me a favour.

I think the change of manager was needed, and I think the sales of Modric and Bale ended the era as much as anything else. But that's another discussion for another day.

Indeed we'll see about Pochettino, but I'm going to take the optimistic route, rather than assuming everything's shit and wallowing in misery.
Change a manager when we are doing well, stick with a manager because you have a baseless hope he might be the right man regardless of results and performances. :pritchardeyes:

Change a manager when we are doing well, stick with a manager because you have a baseless hope he might be the right man regardless of results and performances. :pritchardeyes:
Change a manager because he's an ungrateful twunt who just pissed away a 9 point lead by spending too much time campaigning for another job, or keep the ungrateful twunt until he succeeds in skipping out?

I didn't think Redknapp was that great to begin with, but his behaviour after the trial sealed his fate. We gave him much more than he gave back.

AVB was the wrong choice to succeed him, but that does not mean sacking Redknapp wasn't the right choice.

Some of us see regression over the last 4-5 years whilst our chairman pays himself the best wage in the league.
Some of us aren't happy.

Regression, perhaps yeah. But we have slipped at most 1 place down the table.

More stagnation if anything. At the point at which we have stagnated (battling for 4th) is probably the hardest place to improve on, especially considering our infrastructure improvements that are in work / been completed recently and the fact the teams we need to break are either minted or much better than us and always have been. We have surpassed teams like Aston Villa, Everton, Leeds, Newcastle, Blackburn and even Bolton who were better than us in the early 2000's.

Now look at them and look at us.

3 are not in the league, Newcastle have been yoyoing and toying with relegation, Villa will be down there again. Only Everton have maintained a decent finish, yet even they have falling off.

Did we miss opportunities to capitalise, yeah, does Levy make wank decisions, yeah, but it is not like we have regressed to 12th place. We still fight for the top 4, we have consistently finished above high spending Liverpool despite them being a much bigger club than us.

I am more that happy to have Levy in charge when we are trying to balance league position and improving the clubs stature and infrastructure. Once the stadium is built and income increases, then we can see what his end game is with us.

All my opinion of course, in which you are entitled to yours. This is not a dig at people who would prefer levy out.

We've improved the squad from last year but could have improved it further. Things are neither wonderful nor woeful. We've probably done enough to maintain our position (5th/6th), but we probably haven't done enough to improve our standing to 3rd/4th.

Some people will look at it and say that under the circumstances (the stadium for example), maintaining the status quo is perfectly acceptable, especially given the young age of the squad.

Some people will look at it and say this is a missed opportunity - we should be looking to advance year-on-year regardless of circumstance, and could have done that with two or three more key signings.

Yes, but closing the gap on the top 4 isn't as simple as just, throw money at it. Top players want CL. We can't offer that so we need to buy bigger gambles. On top of that, just because we strengthen, doesn't mean the clubs above us, who have more money and more players readily available for them to buy will also strengthen. Closing the gap between 5th and 4th is one of the hardest things to do in the premiership and require a vast amount of money to do so. Oil tycoon money, not just "We could probably put another 100 million in" money.

Just look how much money City spent to break the top 4 and just look how easily we brushed pool aside when they fell from the top 4. We kept our 5th place average while they have dropped to 6th with the exception of one season. We don't have half a billion to buy the top prospects in the world and see which ones stick.

This pathetic embarrassing thread is 24 pages long and our match thread against Sunderland is 7 pages long says everything to me.
The knowledge of one or two of our so called supporters allows them to barely speak on the match thread ( unless it's to slag off Levy ) but they can spend all day and night talking on this bollocks thread without any problem..
I hate to spoil your little party but we have a game tomorrow, you know actual football, why not try to talk about that and how the team will set up and perform?? Give it a go, you might even enjoy it..instead of setting your alarm every hour through the night so you can make sure you get the last comment in..
You really are a pathetic little loser...I don't even have to mention names..

What a lovely thread :avbhumph:

As much as I agree with most of what Carlito Brigante Carlito Brigante and subsequent posters have said, I think the remedy is different. The only way to hit Levy is where it hurts - the pocket. Marches, banners etc - he won't give a monkeys if the ticket revenue keeps coming in, the season ticket waiting list grows, the broadcasting revenue continues etc. If the stadium starts looking empty - not only does this hurt match day revenue but broadcasters HATE that - he will HAVE to notice. It's a fucking horrible way to protest as it hurts the team but I can't see any other way.

Levy treats the club like a business and he will only get worried when that business's financials deteriorate and the only way we as fans can impact that is not buy tickets.

Personally I think his goal will be to get the stadium built THEN sell the club as a ready made Man Shitty mk II. At which point I will retch.
Interesting - you will stop going to games to make Levy sell - but will retch when we're bought by a Sheikh or American corporation? Not many people out there with Β£1b ready to invest in Tottenham simply because they love the club.

Sounds like you want the perfect owner...there's not many of them out there and I don't think there's a cat in hell's chance we'll end up with one.

Out of curiosity - would you rather Levy or Mansour?

Back
Top Bottom