TAG AND SOS

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Skint yet we need to pay 200 grand a week wages to get top 4!

Same people who said we dont need signings and we have improved...hahaha

Okay then, if we don't need to pay 200k a week to get top 4, then why is it all of the top 4 clubs are paying players that? You seem so convinced that we don't need to pay top wages and that wages have no indication on where you will finish, yet the league table seems to argue otherwise. I get you're a stubborn cunt, but I honestly didn't think you were as dumb as you are clearly demonstrating.

Your passion to the club is undeniable, it's a shame it blinds you to the facts of life. Maybe take your head out of your ass for once and read a book or something. Focus on getting some knowledge on how the world works. I've never seen anybody say we don't need signings. I've seen people who have said they are happy with the squad, not that they wouldn't sign anybody. And the fact you think we haven't improved is ridiculous. We made 6 signings over the summer and got rid of 9 shit players. How is that not an improvement? Tell me. Explain to me how we haven't improved? Is Alderweireld not a step up on Fazio? Is Son not possibly a step up on Lamela? Is Alli not an improvement on Mason? Is Trippier not a better choice as a back up right back than Vlad? Is Wimmer not going to be better than having no naturally left sided defensive back up for Jan?

You're a moron. A complete and utter moron.

From the guy that said that Bony was too fat and Schneiderlin was shit so we shouldnt bother signing them. Now goes on about us being a DM and a striker short

But I think most of us agree that we actually are a striker and DM short!
:vertna:

You tell me Sammy who do we need to sign to get top 4 ? How much do we have to pay for these players ? How much do we have to pay them ?

And if we do identify targets in the Jan window that aren't English are you going to revert to type and call them Chinks, Wops, Dagos, Krauts..........????

:angryscouser:

You've no credibility whatsoever pal!

But I think most of us agree that we actually are a striker and DM short!
:vertna:
I think you missed the point. Some of us have been saying for almost two years that we needed a DM and a striker, while Sammy has been saying that Bony and Schneiderlin would have been a waste of money as they were shit. This makes it especially strange that he gives us his 'told you so' on this point

We've improved the squad from last year but could have improved it further. Things are neither wonderful nor woeful. We've probably done enough to maintain our position (5th/6th), but we probably haven't done enough to improve our standing to 3rd/4th.

Some people will look at it and say that under the circumstances (the stadium for example), maintaining the status quo is perfectly acceptable, especially given the young age of the squad.

Some people will look at it and say this is a missed opportunity - we should be looking to advance year-on-year regardless of circumstance, and could have done that with two or three more key signings.

We've improved the squad from last year but could have improved it further. Things are neither wonderful nor woeful. We've probably done enough to maintain our position (5th/6th), but we probably haven't done enough to improve our standing to 3rd/4th.

Some people will look at it and say that under the circumstances (the stadium for example), maintaining the status quo is perfectly acceptable, especially given the young age of the squad.

Some people will look at it and say this is a missed opportunity - we should be looking to advance year-on-year regardless of circumstance, and could have done that with two or three more key signings.

Yes, but closing the gap on the top 4 isn't as simple as just, throw money at it. Top players want CL. We can't offer that so we need to buy bigger gambles. On top of that, just because we strengthen, doesn't mean the clubs above us, who have more money and more players readily available for them to buy will also strengthen. Closing the gap between 5th and 4th is one of the hardest things to do in the premiership and require a vast amount of money to do so. Oil tycoon money, not just "We could probably put another 100 million in" money.

Just look how much money City spent to break the top 4 and just look how easily we brushed pool aside when they fell from the top 4. We kept our 5th place average while they have dropped to 6th with the exception of one season. We don't have half a billion to buy the top prospects in the world and see which ones stick.

Of course I dont know.....thats Mitchell and Levys job you tit

Just like every fucking question you try and ask people to make yourself look superior, fanny. It's cool though. Everyone on here can see how much bullshit you spout. And to be honest, I'm done acknowledging anything you say. It's all fucking pointless bullshit anyway. You act like you know best, then when asked for the answers cower away.

Yes, but closing the gap on the top 4 isn't as simple as just, throw money at it. Top players want CL. We can't offer that so we need to buy bigger gambles. On top of that, just because we strengthen, doesn't mean the clubs above us, who have more money and more players readily available for them to buy will also strengthen. Closing the gap between 5th and 4th is one of the hardest things to do in the premiership and require a vast amount of money to do so. Oil tycoon money, not just "We could probably put another 100 million in" money.

Just look how much money City spent to break the top 4 and just look how easily we brushed pool aside when they fell from the top 4. We kept our 5th place average while they have dropped to 6th with the exception of one season. We don't have half a billion to buy the top prospects in the world and see which ones stick.

I don't disagree. I fall into the former of the two groups - I'm ok with where we are right now. I was merely trying to summarise the conflicting viewpoints into a simple pair of statements in the vain hope that it might stop this pointless bickering.

Just like every fucking question you try and ask people to make yourself look superior, fanny. It's cool though. Everyone on here can see how much bullshit you spout. And to be honest, I'm done acknowledging anything you say. It's all fucking pointless bullshit anyway. You act like you know best, then when asked for the answers cower away.

RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGE

Back
Top Bottom