Sheff Utd vs Yid Army FA Cup Wed 1 March 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's look at who those second string were.
Forster.....past it and possibly too slow.
Porro, not up to speed with the team or English football.
Sanchez.....lacking confidence due to limited minutes.
Perisic......grandad.
Sarr......child
Moura.....one foot out the door.
Richarlison......at sea.

Just because they are PL players doesn't mean they are automatically superior or more motivated. I haven't checked out the ages of the Sheffield players but I suspect they are younger and more lively?

11 internationals started for us...... 7 or which played in the world cup.

Now compare to Sheff United B team.

............Imagine the riots if we were linked to any of them in the last trf window!

Good. Because if the cups are not a low priority to the owners, then we've somehow found players and managers for more than 20 years that never want to win the cups.

The fact that we've not only won one in that time, but been in a lot of finals and semis suggests we don't live in such a conveniently binary world.

Man City's priority for some years has been said to be the CL... Hasn't stopped them scooping up 4/5 league titles though.

Liverpool's priority had been to win the EPL, yet they beat us to the CL along the way.

........Point being; having a priority doesn't mean one should or does disregard another competition(s).

Last edited:
The fact that we've not only won one in that time, but been n a lot of finals and semis suggests we don't live in such a conveniently binary world.

Man City's priority for some years has been said to be the CL... Hasn't stopped them scooping up 4/5 league titles though.

Liverpool's priority has been to win the EPL, yet they beat us to the CL along the way.

........Point being; having a priority doesn't mean one should or does disregard another competitions.
They dont play their first 11 every match either. Their second string has the quality to get results when they need to. We dont. So whenever we have to rest players to keep focus on our main priorities, we fail. Its just that simple.

Conte/Stellini tried to give a rest to Kane/Romero (our only 2 elite level players) against a team a league below and the usual suspects, our 2nd GK and CBs who are known to be shit, showed who they are yet again. They will probably be rewarded with new contracts though.

If Levy tells the management team that the priority at all costs is to qualify for the CL, and gives bonus incentives along those lines it totally explains why we would rest players for Wolves at the weekend.
This happens every season, Levy could easily say "listen the fans are desperate, go strong in the cups this year"
I'd have taken a defeat at the weekend over a victory last night all day long.

Fuck the top four trophy
That can’t be true! How do you explain losing to villa at home or all the other shite performances we have seen all season? It’s not like we are bombing clear in race for top 4. We are only top 4 bcos Chavs and dippers are having poor seasons. Dippers could easily catch us up anyway.

They dont play their first 11 every match either. Their second string has the quality to get results when they need to. We dont. So whenever we have to rest players to keep focus on our main priorities, we fail. Its just that simple.

It's not.... Things rarely are.

Our rotated team shouldn't be losing to the kind of teams they are.

It's not.... Things rarely are.

Our rotated team shouldn't be losing to the kind of teams they are.
The 3 CBs and the GK that played have it in them to create chaos against us. And the front 3 included players like Lucas who has been rubbish since a long time, Son who has been rubbish all year and Richarlison who tries hard but is known to be a terrible finisher. Ndiaye is probably a better player currently than the front 3 that started for us.

We shoudlnt be losing but there is enough drop of quality from Kane/Kulu and lack of Emerson/Romero that a narrow loss becomes possible.

He isn't shit, not even close. He's Brazil's first choice striker, this isn't something you become by being shit.

We looked no better when Kane came on, not even slightly. He was feeding off the same scraps as Richy was. There was something wrong all over the pitch last night though some people like having a nice scapegoat.
Yea the fact the players don’t even look as if they are coached properly. They did not resemble a top
Level football team. I wonder what they worked on before the game and what was said?

Well what is the point of saying that after the game? Surely this was noticeable during the game, no?
If your happy that we got beat by a 2nd strong champo team with a 37 yr old CF and we at least 6 first teamers and some new expensive players then I give up.

Nobody has said that. But please feel free to give up (and fuck off).

Cheers.

Learn to read.

The 3 CBs and the GK that played have it in them to create chaos against us. And the front 3 included players like Lucas who has been rubbish since a long time, Son who has been rubbish all year and Richarlison who tries hard but is known to be a terrible finisher. Ndiaye is probably a better player currently than the front 3 that started for us.

We shoudlnt be losing but there is enough drop of quality from Kane/Kulu and lack of Emerson/Romero that a narrow loss becomes possible.

Nidaye didn't even start....... Neither did Kane. You're inadvertently implying he's better than Kane here!

............If you're honestly of the opinion that their B team players are better than ours, then we may as well end this.

(A loss is always "possible".... That's the 'beauty' of the game and the so-called "romance of the cup". The shittiest Southampton in a decade knocked Man City out of the LC this year.)

Was Royal ill or rested? He, Skipp and Romero were our best 3 players against Chelsea so it seems so ill judged to rest them after a high. Hindsight and all that. Maybe with their energy and grit it could have rubbed off on the front 3 - maybe
100%. Play Son and you play with ten. Child

Nidaye didn't even start....... Neither did Kane. You're inadvertently implying he's better than Kane here!

............If you're honestly of the opinion that their B team players are better than ours, then we may as well end this.

(A loss is always "possible".... That's the 'beauty' of the game and the so-called "romance of the cup". The shittiest Southampton in a decade knocked Man City out of the LC this year.)
My opinion is indeed that I'd take Ndiaye over Son, Richarlison, Lucas right now. Think he has more goals than those 3 combined this year(might be wrong, dont have the willingness to check).

And that our Dier, Davies , Sanchez and Forster are a calamity waiting to happen and there is little difference between them and Sheff Utd players.

I am happy to end this too.

My opinion is indeed that I'd take Ndiaye over Son, Richarlison, Lucas right now.

That's moot though... It doesn't correlate to the game on Wednesday. Nidaye & Kane were both subs..... Kane trumps Nidaye by a huge amount.

Regardless of form; Son/Rich/Lucas is far better quality than the likes of Billy Sharp. It's gymnastic as hell to suggest otherwise.

That's moot though... It doesn't correlate to the game on Wednesday. Nidaye & Kane were both subs..... Kane trumps Nidaye by a huge amount.

Regardless of form; Son/Rich/Lucas is far better quality than the likes of Billy Sharp. It's gymnastic as hell to suggest otherwise.
Of course Kane is better. But he wasnt on the pitch for too long. Should have scored that easy header though. I guess Ndiaye had it slightly easier because our CBs and the GK are trash.

Not disagreeiing with Son/Rich/Lucas being better than their 2nd string attackers but they still had to face normal footballer.

Couple of days have passed since this game but I’m still furious.

Everyone else too right?!

Absolutely raging mate. Sick to the back teeth of this club - Levy/ENIC, Conte & most of the players. I don’t know any Spurs fan who didn’t desperately want to win the FA Cup.

Arrogant team selection. Disrespected Sheff Utd. Disrespected the competition. Got what they deserved.

How much of this selection is on Conte/Stellini or how much can be laid at the door of Levy for prioritising top4 only, I don’t know and is moot.

Poor old Stellini shoved in front of the camera to apologise. The club should refund the travelling supporters.

The ONLY thing this club has going for it at the moment is the fans. 60000 every week to watch paint dry. Incredible away support - seen on Wednesday night at Bramall Lane singing their hearts out. But this won’t last. I’m sick of it. Many I know are too.

Words of Keith Burkinshaw “used to be a club” etc etc.

Shameful exit and I won’t forgive or forget for a long time

11 internationals started for us...... 7 or which played in the world cup.

Now compare to Sheff United B team.

............Imagine the riots if we were linked to any of them in the last trf window!
I haven't had time to assess the Sheffield players both for age and experience. I think I heard some played in the PL, a couple were loanees from PL clubs, City included. I've been busy today but after the shop closed I deep dived the game and rated the players which scored far higher than I expected after the comments on here. Dier had a good game and Sanchez wasn't that bad. I was disappointed with Davies, Richi and Son, Perisic too.
The goal was unlucky, it deflected off Hojbjerg who could do nothing, the attacker was quick and tricky, Dier tried to block the shot , Forster got a foot to it but not enough.
We created 13 or 14 goal scoring chances, some more clear cut than others but it was poor decision making and execution that cost us.
Maybe our attacking subs should have come on earlier, that one is on the coach.
I didn't pick up the players didn't try or didn't care. In attack we lacked quality.

Back
Top Bottom