Sheff Utd vs Yid Army FA Cup Wed 1 March 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Couple of days have passed since this game but I’m still furious.

Everyone else too right?!

It‘s the THFC torture. They turn in some results to give you hope, and then pull the rug out from under you with a shitefest of a stinker.

They Pull Me Back In Al Pacino GIF by The Godfather

Such bollocks mental issue! Why ffs?
His talking bollocks! It was already mentioned to him about boro gane last season so why wouldn’t they coaching staff have already drilled that into the players? Then when they see the game unfold could t they see that?? No good saying it after we have lost! It’s their job to sort that out before the game hopefully then at HT. be pro active ffs! Such a cop BS answer completely deflecting from their own coaching ineptitude. As been said 3 CBs v 37 yr old forward. How about him answering that ?. We could have just played 2CBs and played danjuma. It’s shocking how these are coaching us s as nd setting the team up in some games!
Yeah 100%. The mental issue simply wouldn’t have existed if Romero, Kulu, Skipp and Kane had started. Two reasons - shit team selection and horrendous squad players

Wow, that’s a lot to unpack.

Let’s start the the valuation of the FA Cup. Merely qualifying for the group stages of the Europa League pays the same amount or more than winning the FA Cup.
Winning the FA cup makes us directly qualify, (and put some much needed silver-ware in the cabinet, and please the fans) so I am unsure why, when we may struggle to make top 4 or 5, we did not prioritise this, at least to some degree?
Look at this weeks fixtures: Man United started six or seven reserves against a Premier League opposition.
Our depth of squad is not comparable to the mancs. 6 years with little squad spend is catching up, we have even let some of out best youth, who could of now been our depth be sold. Joe and the crew are not there for bringing prestige to our club, money first, foremost and the be all and end all, if and when everything else is in place, maybe two decades away, they might flirt with the FFPR and buy the best in depth.

Prioritizing league over cup goes back several managers.
No clearer example than losing in an FA Cup semi final with an absolutely gutless performance to Portsmouth under Redknapp. One of the most crushing humiliating defeats I've seen.
All was fine though in many supporters eyes and Redknapp was a hero because after that we beat Woolwich Chelsea and Man City to finish Top 4.

Nope, was lack of guts and effort. Clear for everyone to see. The msg from the top down is this comp means nada, and the players showed it. Personally I would prefer to be honest and just play the youth team from the outset. Anything else is a farce.

But what do you expect from players if we have a total imbecile on charge who has had chance to show 2nd echelon players how unwanted, useless and worthless they are???

If you keep always playing your favourites depite their form and how they perform on the pitch... how are the non-starters expected to get belief and confidence? Throughout first half of the season, Spence, Gil, Sarr, Skipp were totally fucked over. And others were played totally to the ground. Such thing does kill any kind of motivation from starters (they are 100% guaranteed to start anyway) and rotational players (they have 0 chance anyway, cause they are less fabulous) both. And you can reap the rewards in such moments.

Back
Top Bottom