Sheff Utd vs Yid Army FA Cup Wed 1 March 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ownership have set a culture at this club where we worship at the altar of top 4. Feeds in to the manager & players. Hence why we rest key men for this game despite this being by far our best shot at a trophy. Players know it isn't all that important to us - CL football is.
nah ahhh, it was Poch that didn't take the cups seriously not the club. The club totally wants to win silverware and that's why we've persisted with the like of Sanchez, Dier, and Davies so long....we want to be the recipients of their best and not their next club.

Everything ultimately falls back on him and the owners.

All of the decisions

Kane has played with Richarlison in our last two league games? And in neither of them did Richarlison look even a distant relation to a 60 million PL forward.

When he was initially linked with us, I would wager 95% of Spurs fans didn’t want us to go next to near the guy. Why? Because they watched Premier League matches and saw with their own eyes that he was an average, mid table premier league striker. Nothing more, nothing less.

So my question is, why could our professional, highly paid scouts not see the above? It just doesn’t make sense. Spending 60 million on Richarlison just never, ever made sense. Similar to so many decisions made at Tottenham Hotspur football club.
We've had players look pedestrian in their early outings for the club and turn into excellent buys. At this point in his first season, everyone was convinced we bought Son for the Asian marketing. I'm not calling time on Richarlison, yet. If he's floundering next season, ok.

This is totally on ENIC, it's clear that the brief from ENIC is to make top four at all costs, nothing else matters.
It's the rotten culture that's eaten the heart out of the club and left a hollow corporate husk where all we have to look forward too every season is making up the numbers in the CL and being bantered off.

Will people please for the love of God wake the fuck up?
I can't believe people like you watch that game and say "do you know what, that's not on the players!"

Porro could be fine, but the tactics used him very poorly. He was used as a runner in XI we put out tonight. He was starting and receiving 1-2's on a number of occassions- he needs to be the man working the pivot in that setup in this particular XI- so that the runner can draw his man away and afford Porro time to pick out a dangerous cross.

What happened instead was Porro wents on runs while Lucas was left on the ball to try and pass or cross from deep. That is a complete dead-end play right there, and inexcusable for a management earning millions of pounds a year.

It just seems like the management is either tactically inept, or unable to communicate any good ideas they might have

Due respect that's absolute bollocks

You cannot excuse the players of blame tonight.

They're not the first set of Spurs players under this ownership to do this in the cups and they won't be the last either.

Of course they shouldn't be excused. Richarlison a 60m striker? My fucking arse. But the underlying mentality is so clearly one of treating these competitions with contempt. You yourself said this was the "biggest game of the season" yet we rested our ONE player scoring goals.

A manager DOES NOT DO THIS if he believes performance in these competitions were viewed as a priority by the club.

As a whole, days like this seemed to end under Poch and I took it for granted. Whilst we never won anything, we were regularly making finals, semis and quarters.

Tonight was like being back in the nineties when we were shite and a soft touch for anyone with a bit of fight. To top it all, we play slow, dull, unattractive football; can’t think of too many time we opened up Sheffield Utd tonight.

Can‘t help but think the team selection was wrong for tonight and set the wrong tone. Should have built on the Sunday’s success however under Conte, we seem to adverse to being pro active.

Fuck Conte and all his pals out, he will never change his ways or tactics and bring back Poch to built another hungry young team we can be proud of again.

We were in a semi last season and a final the season before. We also had plenty of these nights under Poch (Palace at home, West Ham at home, Colchester away anyone?).

As has already been pointed out by other players, the last few years of chasing top 4 and playing in the CL means the club and players view the cups as lesser trophies. Poch explicitly said this many times while he was here. The players and staff simply do not care about these cup games the same way. Tonight did we play with the same intensity we did against Chelsea?

Now we are not the only big team to treat the cups like this but as we never win anything it makes us look twice as stupid.

This football club sucks the shite out of yer
Exactly how I feel - so despondent can’t put it into words

Not generally a critic of Enic they have spent money the last few years but the recruitment has been shocking and chucking £100m on richarlison and Porro shows our recruitment is actually getting worse

At the moment I hope we lose to ac Milan so I can bin this season and forget what has been my overriding passion for nigh on 50 years

At least I’ll be home just after 11 feel for the poor buggers heading to London

Chin up everyone, not all bad news...

Exciting new synergies await...

images

We've had players look pedestrian in their early outings for the club and turn into excellent buys. At this point in his first season, everyone was convinced we bought Son for the Asian marketing. I'm not calling time on Richarlison, yet. If he's floundering next season, ok.
That’s just silly revisionism.

Son looked twice the player Richarlison has at this point in his first season. Sure he wasn’t at his absolute best, but he was showing real quality and any fan who had any clue would have wanted to persist with him.

Richarlison has been in the Premier League for years now and has never looked like a top player. We knew what we were getting with him.

Why did we sign Danjuma? He plays in Son’s position, son is playing diabolically this season, yet we either stick richarlison out there or persist with Son

It’s completely pointless

We had a deal ready for Deulofeu but then he got injured and then we tried to lead Trossard and his agent on hoping for a cut price deal come the end of the window but that didn't work out well so we ended up hijacking high flying Evertons 3rd choice attacking target.

Back
Top Bottom