Sheff Utd vs Yid Army FA Cup Wed 1 March 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

In my view the major problem is that our squad is set up currently with all defensive midfield options and they are effective in big matches in the Premier League and Champions League where the other team pushes up more but in games like this we need more creativity in the midfield and there was none today.

Well something has been quiet obvious these last 5 seasons.

Our starting eleven is decent........sometimes! But our reserves are fuckin horrendous!!!

BIG changes is needed not just for our starting eleven, we also needs to upgrade our reserves big time!
We probably need 4-5 players for the first eleven, and maybe 4-5 upgrades amongst the reserves. And that´s a fuckin Kilimanjaro hill to climb!!

And we all get fooled and reeled back into this shit, but i´m done with that now. Our squad is so fuckin bad that we must play our best eleven against dross in the cups to go through.

Until we sell 7-9 players and upgrades them all massively, i won´t get reeled in anymore.

And can we get a coach that actually WANTS US TO PLAY FOOTBALL??!!

Sad I Hate It GIF by Amazon Prime Video

Without Bentancur it all has to come down the flanks.
With Romero/Emerson/Kulusevski we have something on the right, but without them as well ...
It looked like Moura dribbling into the box and getting brought down was the only way we could have scored tonight.

Kyle Walkers just said he doesn't get Spurs, this is a great chance at a trophy and we rest players and do that.

He knows that this club is built just to make top four, he gets it.
We started Kane against Portsmouth for fucks sake.

But no we must rest him against a team that will be in the premier league next season, makes perfect fucking sense.

Can't wait for the end of this season, really need a huge reset with a decent coach.l next season. The goal saw him drift past, porro peh Sanchez and that duffer Dier turn side on instead of attempting to block the shot with a challenge.

I simply can't believe how poor we are with the ball . It's embarrassing! Son playing like an 8 year old, Richy like a petulant teenager and kulu ain't been great either. That's all training or a lack of it.

I don't know how people can muster anger at this stage. This was the expected outcome, whether it's now or in the quarters. This is Tottenham, this is what we do.

I loathe Levy , but this shit is not on him
Everything ultimately falls back on him and the owners.

All of the decisions
TBF, Richi was playing with shit support as well.

I don't understand why we cannot seem to play Kane and Richalison together. Is there a fucking clause in one's contract or something?

Don't know why I watched this match, we all knew the result when we saw the team sheet.
Kane has played with Richarlison in our last two league games? And in neither of them did Richarlison look even a distant relation to a 60 million PL forward.

When he was initially linked with us, I would wager 95% of Spurs fans didn’t want us to go next to near the guy. Why? Because they watched Premier League matches and saw with their own eyes that he was an average, mid table premier league striker. Nothing more, nothing less.

So my question is, why could our professional, highly paid scouts not see the above? It just doesn’t make sense. Spending 60 million on Richarlison just never, ever made sense. Similar to so many decisions made at Tottenham Hotspur football club.

Safe to say Gil would have been far, far better for us tonight than Son or Lucas.

We could have sold Son. We could have loaned Lucas.

But we loaned out Gil instead.

This is totally on ENIC, it's clear that the brief from ENIC is to make top four at all costs, nothing else matters.
It's the rotten culture that's eaten the heart out of the club and left a hollow corporate husk where all we have to look forward too every season is making up the numbers in the CL and being bantered off.

Will people please for the love of God wake the fuck up?

There will always be fans who think enic are decent and it's always the managers fault .
Only struggling to understand how these coaches end up winning shit elsewhere but never here.

The owners may know a great deal about building businesses but they know fuck all about football

We've basically got 5 midfielders that don't create. The defence is shit and our forwards look like they're running through glue. Shit show.
It has been so glaringly obvious to anyone with a brain that we have needed some creativity in the midfield all season. We created nothing all match. The passing was terrible, the shooting was terrible, the crossing was terrible. The defence were abject. What’s not to like

Back
Top Bottom