Sheff Utd vs Yid Army FA Cup Wed 1 March 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Best things to come out of Sheffield in my view…

Pulp
Arctic Monkeys
Jessica Ennis
Kyle Walker
The snooker

Been there a few times and it’s a bit shit.

:mourweird:

BIG MAN
Romero / Dier / Lenglet
Porro ------- Sarr / Skipp ------- Perisic
Danjuma / Son / Richarlison​

Be interesting to see the team Sheffield United put out - currently 2nd in Championship and getting promotion to PL would be massive, more so than progress in FA Cup - next natch away to 4th placed Blackburn, and although they have a bit of a points lead they certainly wouldn't want to lose.

IMO we need to rotate some players - plus try out Danjuma to see if we want him in the summer (possibly a swap for Lo Celso - both with Villareal)

Forster
Sanchez, Dier, Lenglet
Porro, Sarr, Skipp, Perisic
Danjuma, Richarlison, Son​

Subs: Austin, Kane, Hojbjerg, Romero, Tanganga, Royal, Devine Moura

Personally, would love to see Gilly and Sarr start but obviously that’s not exactly feasible.

Lots of key games coming up so we need to be careful. I guess H has to be rested so finally Richie can lead the line.

This will be really tough, we cannot afford to rotate too many players. I would play Porro, Perisic and Son instead of Emerson, Davies and Kulusevski.
Agree, just rotate a few players that need a rest and make sure we get through. Quite like the idea of starting Porro but with Romero covering behind him this time instead of Tanganga to give Porro a bit more freedom

CHELSEA SQUADSHEFFIELD UTD SQUAD
FORSTERFORSTER
ROMEROSANCHEZ
DIERDIER
LENGLETLENGLET
ROYALPORRO
DAVIESPERISISC
HOJBJERGSARR
SKIPPSKIPP
KULUSEVSKI (Son 79)DANJUMA
RICHARLISON (Porro 89)RICHARLISON
KANESON
SubstitutesSubstitutes
SANCHEZROMERO
SONKANE
PERISICDAVIES
DANJUMAKULUSEVSKI
PORROROYAL
TANGANGATANGANGA
LUCASLUCAS
SARRHOJBERG
AUSTINAUSTIN

I think both Sanchez and Tanganga will start. Rather they didn't.

CHELSEA SQUADSHEFFIELD UTD SQUAD
FORSTERFORSTER
ROMEROSANCHEZ
DIERDIER
LENGLETLENGLET
ROYALPORRO
DAVIESPERISISC
HOJBJERGSARR
SKIPPSKIPP
KULUSEVSKI (Son 79)DANJUMA
RICHARLISON (Porro 89)RICHARLISON
KANESON
SubstitutesSubstitutes
SANCHEZROMERO
SONKANE
PERISICDAVIES
DANJUMAKULUSEVSKI
PORROROYAL
TANGANGATANGANGA
LUCASLUCAS
SARRHOJBERG
AUSTINAUSTIN

I think both Sanchez and Tanganga will start. Rather they didn't.
Didn't realise both Chelsea and Sheffield United have such similar squads to us :pocheyes:

Very important match and we must put out a strong team. There will be some rested but it should not be many as we need to not have a team not used to playing together. Son & Perisic are usual starters and therefore not a problem. Sarr & maybe start Porro who would be the only stranger.

Forster
Romero, Dier, Lenglet
Porro, Sarr, Skipp, Perisic
Danjuma, Richarlison, Son

Let's give Richarlison a game as the main striker. We also need Kane to be fresh for Wolves and Milan.

Best things to come out of Sheffield in my view…

Pulp
Arctic Monkeys
Jessica Ennis
Kyle Walker
The snooker

Been there a few times and it’s a bit shit.

:mourweird:
I'd throw in Heaven 17, The Human League, ABC, Thompson Twins and Cabaret Voltaire in there too, among others.

All the above notwithstanding, I agree with your last comment.

Back
Top Bottom