Sheff Utd vs Yid Army FA Cup Wed 1 March 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Overreaction as usual is pathetic, are we going to act like that terrific news about that F1 Sponsorship wasn't this week? yes it's been about 85 years since we won a trophy but F1 fans around the world will now be familiar with our stadium COYS
Yeah True actually, another amazing step to grow the Tottenham commercial brand globally. That football part of the business is hard and annoying, next hopefully we can attract WWE, maybe eSports and ideally NBA. :levylol:

Ownership have set a culture at this club where we worship at the altar of top 4. Feeds in to the manager & players. Hence why we rest key men for this game despite this being by far our best shot at a trophy. Players know it isn't all that important to us - CL football is.
At work you always strive to meet your objectives first and anything else is a bonus , Top 4 is the objective every season , I just feel sorry for the fans travelling week in week out having to watch this shite!

Any thoughts on our players?

unless you think we don't have a squad good enough to beat Sheff U?
The mentality from the TOP of this club is SEEPING through everything. Top managers fail here, top players fail here, how many more do we have to go through before we realise that having a chairman who fucking lurks around the club like a black cloud sucking the life out of everything and everyone is the issue?

You saw the Amazon documentary, it's a day in the life of the chairman, this football club has turned into one big fucking ego project for him and it's not an ego project for trophies, it's an ego project for business success.

It seems to always be this way. Feels the same every season. As soon as we get a decent result against a side like City or Chavs or whoever, and the fans stupidly start believing for even just a day or two, this lot bring you crashing back to earth as soon as humanly possible. They do it to us so often now it’s fucking tiresome.

Looking at the goal again I can’t believe how bad our defence is

PEH
Sanchez
Dier
Then the juggernaut Forster beaten at his near post through Dier’s legs first

Shameful

Last edited:
I'm all for blaming the ownership.

But the problem tonight was strictly the mentality of the players. Do you not see a complete difference between the performance against Chelsea at the weekend in front of our home fans? and the one tonight against a Championship side?

The same players that let us down against Middlesbrough. Same players that let us down against Norwich. So on and so fourth.
And the same players that the club are incapable or unwilling to bin off

All roads lead back to the owners

Absolutely criminal to leave Son on for the whole game.

Idk if this is Stellini or Contes fault, but it seems safe to say they collectively appeared to fail to communicate a credible offensive plan to the team.

Far too little too late in bringing on effective subs too.

Why's everyone acting like this is some kind of new nadir? Middlesbrough last season, Norwich at home, Colchester, Grimsby if you go back far enough in recent memory...

This isn't an upset, no matter how the commentators try and spin it as a giant killing, this is exactly what I was expecting from tonight, honestly I can't even get mad about it, I just laughed at their goal and every pathetic attempt we made to equalise thereafter.

Winning is hard, when you make such hard work of it.

I’m just so fucking mad. Obviously fans are the only ones that want to win this cup. Those pathetic fucks out on the field gave zero fucks tonight and are probably happy they get another paycheck with less games for the remainder of the season. Honestly can’t see them even turning up for Milan next week. Fuck them. All of em. Can’t believe son got a full fucking 90

Last edited:
We beat Chelsea. 3 days later...

ENIC faultless then but sinners now. Bo!!ocks to that rubbish.

This is the manager, the selections and the messaging.

We are an absolute laughing stock.
This is totally on ENIC, it's clear that the brief from ENIC is to make top four at all costs, nothing else matters.
It's the rotten culture that's eaten the heart out of the club and left a hollow corporate husk where all we have to look forward too every season is making up the numbers in the CL and being bantered off.

Will people please for the love of God wake the fuck up?

Back
Top Bottom