Sheff Utd vs Yid Army FA Cup Wed 1 March 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I love Son for what he has done for our club, but would any other top club keep playing a player who is a shadow of his former self? It’s like we think if he plays enough he will become good again
What rubs me up the wrong way as well is that Son has been doing a lot of fashion campaigns this season off the pitch Calvin Klein, Burberry etc.

Now I know that a lot of footballers do this but you know who else did this and started to decline? Dele...

He did the EXACT same shit and it was around that time his football started falling apart as well, Son just doesn't seem like he has the same desire this season for me on the pitch, it's like he is going through the motions.

Maybe I am reading into it but I thought the same about Dele and look what happened there.

Terminate sanchez contract like doherty. Hes atrocious. Davies gets in good positions but you always feel his passes are half-hearted. Sell him. Richarlison sell to real madrid. Invest in quality midfield in summer.
Why on god's green earth would Real Madrid have even the faintest interest in Richarlison ??

And even if they did , we'd probably ask for 120 mil

I'm all for blaming the ownership.

But the problem tonight was strictly the mentality of the players. Do you not see a complete difference between the performance against Chelsea at the weekend in front of our home fans? and the one tonight against a Championship side?

The same players that let us down against Middlesbrough. Same players that let us down against Norwich. So on and so fourth.
Mate, in no way shape or form am I looking for an argument. We all love the club and we simply want to see it do well.

But it’s in our very fabric. It’s the ENIC culture that permeates everything we do. We put on a show every now and then but we never, ever produce when it matters.

Think what agents say to their players when Spurs are interested.

‘Good money. London. No pressure to win anything. You’re all set’.

Whisper it.... But Ritchie ain't worth £60m.... no amount of Pigeon strutting can justify that fee!!

He was fucking annoying as an opponent, and people convinced themselves he's the type of player you want in your team... He's not, he's just a wind up merchant at best, without the goals to back it up....

He shoulda been at the Emirates tonight annoying the Gooners .... But instead he was wasting his evening and our hopes up at Bramell Lane....

If Madrid want him then 100% sell. If we can get our money back we need to take it.

Terminate sanchez contract like doherty. Hes atrocious. Davies gets in good positions but you always feel his passes are half-hearted. Sell him. Richarlison sell to real madrid. Invest in quality midfield in summer.

Calm down, sell Davies? To who? He’s a good squad player and worth more to us than what we would ever get in a transfer fee.

and Richarlison has barely had a chance.

Sheff U did.

We have a few hundred million worth of players on the pitch... I doubt any of their squad would cost above 10m.

We probably would have got away with those changes at home. Not in an away game. Just look at the teams we’ve lost to in the cups/Europa away from home in recent years.

Anyway it’s not about what the players cost. Richarlison cost £60m but he played like a piece of furniture tonight. He has scored in one game all season. He took Harry’s place up front and predictably failed to deliver. Kane is our only reliable scorer and we need him out there.

Yet we can’t defend either!

We lost games like this under Poch too of course. It’s the players, I’ve said it before, they are all too comfortable. Under performing players don’t get moved on. Eg. Sanchez shouldn’t be anywhere near this club. Yet he’s still stinking out the place.
So true. Same players, same results.

Back
Top Bottom