Sheff Utd vs Yid Army FA Cup Wed 1 March 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I was genuinely up for the FA Cup this year. Excited again. Kids were really into it too. I wanted this trophy more than top 4 and more then progressing in the CL. The magic seemed to be back. As a travelling fan, the trips to Preston and Sheff Utd all seemed to fit with the prospect of a memorable campaign. A competition with real meaning and history. Loved by the fans. And we turned up in numbers backing the Club throughout an utterly dreadful 90 minute performance.

How could the players not be up for this game? Possibly the most depressing defeat for me in living memory as it confirmed one thing.

Tottenham Hotspur Football Club is dead.

The fucking accountants have made their department the Club.

And the players are thoroughly on board with our renewed vision.

Absolutely raging mate. Sick to the back teeth of this club - Levy/ENIC, Conte & most of the players. I don’t know any Spurs fan who didn’t desperately want to win the FA Cup.

Arrogant team selection. Disrespected Sheff Utd. Disrespected the competition. Got what they deserved.

How much of this selection is on Conte/Stellini or how much can be laid at the door of Levy for prioritising top4 only, I don’t know and is moot.

Poor old Stellini shoved in front of the camera to apologise. The club should refund the travelling supporters.

The ONLY thing this club has going for it at the moment is the fans. 60000 every week to watch paint dry. Incredible away support - seen on Wednesday night at Bramall Lane singing their hearts out. But this won’t last. I’m sick of it. Many I know are too.

Words of Keith Burkinshaw “used to be a club” etc etc.

Shameful exit and I won’t forgive or forget for a long time
The paint dry comment can be laid fully at Dino mk2 door. I wonder what people like hoddle, gazza, ardiles , waddle, hazard , , etc think of how we play? It only works if you win. Contesvrecird in Europe is trash fir an elite manage and his record in the cups for as been nothing short of disgraceful!

In the press conference pre Wolves. Stellini comments on the Sheffield performance. He suggested it was a mentality issue.
He’s wrong. It’s on him and Conte - they should have done their research, mass changes with out of form players coming always costs us in cups

A competition with real meaning and history. Loved by the fans. And we turned up in numbers backing the Club throughout an utterly dreadful 90 minute performance.

How could the players not be up for this game
Why would you blame the accountants? They’re probably better at their job than half the players.

The idea that some overpaid Columbian who spends 4 years playing for Spurs and probably spends as little time in Tottenham as possible is going to ‘die for the shirt’ because we had a ‘proud Cup history’ before they were born is a supporter’s fantasy.

He’s wrong. It’s on him and Conte - they should have done their research, mass changes with out of form players coming always costs us in cups
Such bollocks mental issue! Why ffs?
His talking bollocks! It was already mentioned to him about boro gane last season so why wouldn’t they coaching staff have already drilled that into the players? Then when they see the game unfold could t they see that?? No good saying it after we have lost! It’s their job to sort that out before the game hopefully then at HT. be pro active ffs! Such a cop BS answer completely deflecting from their own coaching ineptitude. As been said 3 CBs v 37 yr old forward. How about him answering that ?. We could have just played 2CBs and played danjuma. It’s shocking how these are coaching us s as nd setting the team up in some games!

With Planet Spurs forum vanishing from the internet and Spurs losing to Sheff Utd, unless there is some miraculous resurrection we are doomed this season, at least we will not relogate...!

Fucking 3 centre backs against Sheffield reserves!!!!
Dier was probs our best offensive player in the first half.
I dunno if Conte would have changed things earlier if he were present but I doubt it.
This is the thing that pisses me off.
The team selection was wrong but we should have been proactive and changed earlier.
Or started H.

I don't buy this crap. Just deflection.

The board don't value the FA Cup as highly as the league or Champions League. Pochettino used to say this openly. All about revenues, but ultimately it's short sighted from Levy, because no trophies for decades means fewer fans in the long run.

On a positive note I think we are close to the end of the ENIC era. Levy hasn't accepted that yet, but Lewis is getting on and will sell some of his stack to new investors. It's then only a matter of time before he gets moved on.

Such bollocks mental issue! Why ffs?
His talking bollocks! It was already mentioned to him about boro gane last season so why wouldn’t they coaching staff have already drilled that into the players? Then when they see the game unfold could t they see that?? No good saying it after we have lost! It’s their job to sort that out before the game hopefully then at HT. be pro active ffs! Such a cop BS answer completely deflecting from their own coaching ineptitude. As been said 3 CBs v 37 yr old forward. How about him answering that ?. We could have just played 2CBs and played danjuma. It’s shocking how these are coaching us s as nd setting the team up in some games!

I watched the game again for ratings purposes and I didn't pick up on a mentality issue. We created 14 goal scoring opportunities but the final execution was poor. Nothing to do with mentality. Even Harry couldn't get his header on target !
As a player to be accused of not having the right mentality is pretty damning especially coming from the coach. However, criticism of last third quality or composure is fair.

With Planet Spurs forum vanishing from the internet and Spurs losing to Sheff Utd, unless there is some miraculous resurrection we are doomed this season, at least we will not relogate...!

I used to go on Planet Spurs forum and was surprised it ended

I watched the game again for ratings purposes and I didn't pick up on a mentality issue. We created 14 goal scoring opportunities but the final execution was poor. Nothing to do with mentality. Even Harry couldn't get his header on target !
As a player to be accused of not having the right mentality is pretty damning especially coming from the coach. However, criticism of last third quality or composure is fair.
That's a nice post.
I never thought until they scored we would not win.
But as soon as they scored I knew we would lose.
A bit of credit to Sheff U. Their defence is fantastic.
But our attackers should have been better.
H should have started.

Back
Top Bottom