Sheff Utd vs Yid Army FA Cup Wed 1 March 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The sad thing is that I am numb to it. In days gone by I would be properly pissed off and miserable after a game like that. Now, 5 mins after the game I am already in 'whatever' mode.

Mourinho, Nuno and Conte, under the patronage of Levy, have totally killed the passion.

Football is supposed to be fun, not an expensive chore.
I missed the game and I was better off for it. I'll not be turning down other events to watch this shitshow anymore.

LOL..... White.... Has there ever been a Spurs player eulogised to such an unwarranted degree??? ......Poor cunt gets painted as if he could literally play any position on the pitch and get us out of any fix despite having had barely a sniff of senior football here.
Nice dissing one of our own HG players. Tell me which players have we bought in last 2 windows has really delivered? We discard our players to but players from overseas who then have to settle in. From what we’ve seen of white his probably got the best set piece delivery in the squad. Why not give players like him a chance? Other teams give their youth players chances. Unfortunately conte and co completely discard them look at skipp never had a lookin until bent and Biss get injured. Same with Sarr. Did you see anyone last night deliver? We could hardly do worse I sat.

I wouldn't mind if we went out and bought Doyle - he looked like good player.

I said the same about Gallagher when he was at WBA, we need to get them off the moneybags teams before they really start to shine
More than likely that the Chavs have a 15% stake in the player and a 100% stake in the management team. Apply that rule to any player between the age of 6 and 25

Nice dissing one of our own HG players.

Haven't dissed him at all, you div.

Tell me which players have we bought in last 2 windows has really delivered? We discard our players to but players from overseas who then have to settle in. From what we’ve seen of white his probably got the best set piece delivery in the squad. Why not give players like him a chance? Other teams give their youth players chances. Unfortunately conte and co completely discard them look at skipp never had a lookin until bent and Biss get injured. Same with Sarr. Did you see anyone last night deliver? We could hardly do worse I sat.

Clearly, you either didn't read or didn't understand what I posted.

This is football, no-one died (apart from our spirit) and we move on.
Move on where, Mick?

You mean Top 4? 4th place at best. That’s not moving on, that’s treading water.

Move on and win the Carabao Cup? Already won by Utd.

Move on and win the CL? I’d love to believe it but sadly there’s more chance of King Charles spraying his balls golden on the skywalk than there is of us of lifting that trophy.

That was our chance to win something this season and we bottled it.

Why try and blur the truth though? The situation we’re in now is far more bleak than in 2019. That much is abundantly clear. There’s really no dressing it up unfortunately.
I've seen highs and lows throughout the 50 odd years I've been a supporter
this isn't a low by our standards, just a bit of a drunken stumble

we'll be back

Shop window for a player that's likely to leave for free?

Nah, these kind of shop windows selections are a fan-myth. File under 'Sonny being picked for shirt sales'.
Free for sure. The shop window ain’t for the club. He’s doing it because the MLS is whispering.

I fully expect Poch back to silence us apathetic disaffected fans . Levy knows the majority like Poch , of the ones that don’t some will not be Levy out so it’s a no brainier for him .

As much as I am in the Levy out camp I don’t really blame him for last night. I do think Levy is happy to accept not winning as long as the cash keeps rolling in , but where is the players and the management’s personal pride . Even if Baldy does not care about trophies why don’t the players do it for the glory themselves , even allowing for the fact a fish rots from the head first as the old saying goes show some personal pride and ambition .

Pretty clear Hancock as health secretary was a massive cock , didn’t stop doctors and nurses being heroes in the pandemic , personal responsibility for the players and manager now .
If Levy tells the management team that the priority at all costs is to qualify for the CL, and gives bonus incentives along those lines it totally explains why we would rest players for Wolves at the weekend.
This happens every season, Levy could easily say "listen the fans are desperate, go strong in the cups this year"
I'd have taken a defeat at the weekend over a victory last night all day long.

Fuck the top four trophy

Free for sure. The shop window ain’t for the club. He’s doing it because the MLS is whispering.

Sorry you've lost me.......

If you're actually talking about what was motivating him then who cares... At least he was motivated.

No mate. Sorry. Conte is an employee of the club and this club seems willing to accept humiliation and degradation of our history, so not one defeat can be blamed on Conte when the club owners don’t really care if he wins or loses.

Proof they don’t care ? Look at our transfer business. Danjuma and Porro. For fuck sake.
But that is not the club that is patrici and conte. Surely conte allowed Gil Soence and white to leave and wascdefo after porro? I can’t see how levy would have said oh yeah boys let’s get rid of a couple bright sparks and get two players from overseas in. Conte let them go and sanctioned the two that came in.

Move on where, Mick?

You mean Top 4? 4th place at best. That’s not moving on, that’s treading water.

Move on and win the Carabao Cup? Already won by Utd.

Move on and win the CL? I’d love to believe it but sadly there’s more chance of King Charles spraying his balls golden on the skywalk than there is of us of lifting that trophy.

That was our chance to win something this season and we bottled it.
god that is such a tiresome expression

can't you find anything good to say about the club?

FFS!

see my previous post - and remember, we are entitled to nothing from this club, and the sooner you grasp that the easier it becomes to accept the rough with the smooth.

Also what makes it easier is that unless you buy the club, there's fuck all we can do about it.

Enjoy the good stuff, be pissed off when we lose - shake it off and move on.

ps - and don't give me the "happy clapper" speech - I am a distinctly unhappy one - just like everyone else.

That’s just silly revisionism.

Son looked twice the player Richarlison has at this point in his first season. Sure he wasn’t at his absolute best, but he was showing real quality and any fan who had any clue would have wanted to persist with him.

Richarlison has been in the Premier League for years now and has never looked like a top player. We knew what we were getting with him.
Son was a lot younger as well and coming from Germany. This dick has been in PL for years and never really showed great talent. Well not £60M worth of… whoever wanted should be fired and we should sell in the summer totally not suited to us and has very little technical ability.

If Levy tells the management team that the priority at all costs is to qualify for the CL, and gives bonus incentives along those lines it totally explains why we would rest players for Wolves at the weekend.
This happens every season, Levy could easily say "listen the fans are desperate, go strong in the cups this year"
I'd have taken a defeat at the weekend over a victory last night all day long.

Fuck the top four trophy

If players and managers stand to 'achieve' things that generate significant revenue bumps they will expect to have contracted rewards accordingly.... That's little more than basic economics. It's not an ENIC thing.

We had a deal ready for Deulofeu but then he got injured and then we tried to lead Trossard and his agent on hoping for a cut price deal come the end of the window but that didn't work out well so we ended up hijacking high flying Evertons 3rd choice attacking target.
We should have just kept Gil who was starting to show some promise. The other thing about Gil is, he may be slight but his fighter and has a heart.

When you've just lost to a Champ B team it becomes pretty damn moot.

These sloppy bastards lost to Paco Raban & Mura last season too..... Do we really have to go full strength to beat such opposition?????
We do when the second string is so bad and dont seem to give 2 shits about anything else but picking up their paychecks

We do when the second string is so bad and dont seem to give 2 shits about anything else but picking up their paychecks

Based on ability alone they are/were good enough; so attitude and motivation are clearly the primary issue.

Paco Raban for fucks sake..... It's a fucking aftershave; not a football club!!!! :contehandshead:

He gets it.

Preach, Christian. Preach!

Didn’t do anything about it though nor did conte watching from home. Did he only realise that after the game! Ffs you could tell from the first 15 mins we had no indenity on how to play. It was, sloppy and error ridden with just long balls. I’m not paid as much as these fuckers but we could all see how we were playing not creating or looking threaten but they couldn’t. Subs at half time would add energy. Rich has hardly played he put no effort in playing his “fave” position.

Back
Top Bottom