Sheff Utd vs Yid Army FA Cup Wed 1 March 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everything ultimately falls back on him and the owners.

All of the decisions

Kane has played with Richarlison in our last two league games? And in neither of them did Richarlison look even a distant relation to a 60 million PL forward.

When he was initially linked with us, I would wager 95% of Spurs fans didn’t want us to go next to near the guy. Why? Because they watched Premier League matches and saw with their own eyes that he was an average, mid table premier league striker. Nothing more, nothing less.

So my question is, why could our professional, highly paid scouts not see the above? It just doesn’t make sense. Spending 60 million on Richarlison just never, ever made sense. Similar to so many decisions made at Tottenham Hotspur football club.
100% agree, never rated him, runs around a bit, is sulky and just not a nice person. Offers nothing to our attack. I’d rather play one of the youth team. We let Gil and white go who could do a better job!

The arrogance is only half the story. On paper, of course we win that game. The simple truth of any game of football is mentality, effort and skill. Those players last night decided that only the third of those mattered and the shame of the management team is that they couldn’t see the complete absence of the first two either in the training / build up to the game nor and more to my point, in the first 20 minutes of the fucking game itself.
Yea I called it after 15 mins that we heading for another boro. The complete sloppiness in our play, lack of hunger and even remote semblance of football skill missing. All down to management and players. Just think about it the only reason danjuna came on after 80 mins was bcos we were behind. We’d made one sub prior to that which was Kane for rich. So obvs conte and stellini saw nothing prior to that to make them we need to change it. Infact kulu came on for porro I think first then danj came on even later. What was the point of bringing in him? Is just all paybacks when doing these deals? Obvs if no loans or transfers are fine then there is fees for agents. Pure madness in our transfer activity, team selection and coaching. If we didn’t no better you’d think it was all done on purpose. Did stellini even look angry on the touch line at what he was seeing!

it all got too dark - plus your criticisms of players. This is football, no-one died (apart from our spirit) and we move on.

There is always light at the end of the tunnel

caveat - no so much when it's night time
Maybe there is a train heading straight for us and the driver has croaked , seems very little to be positive about right now

I wouldn't mind if we went out and bought Doyle - he looked like good player.

I said the same about Gallagher when he was at WBA, we need to get them off the moneybags teams before they really start to shine

100% agree, never rated him, runs around a bit, is sulky and just not a nice person. Offers nothing to our attack. I’d rather play one of the youth team. We let Gil and white go who could do a better job!
Gil is been over blown. 1 half of decent football and hes our saviour. He would have been kicked off the park last night with the rest of the gutless wonders

But our players in general are better than Sheffield Utd;s players so how is it Levy's fault that they lost this match? That's my point, not all the top 4 debate.
Because we aren't good enough to make 6-7 changes and go to Sheffield United and win. It's arrogant to assume we can,If some of us can see it and called before the game why can't the management team? How many times do we have to be stung like this?
And I can only answer once again that the reason this is ultimately on Levy is that this competition is simply not the priority. He sets the goals.

LOL..... White.... Has there ever been a Spurs player eulogised to such an unwarranted degree??? ......Poor cunt gets painted as if he could literally play any position on the pitch and get us out of any fix despite having had barely a sniff of senior football here.

Yea I called it after 15 mins that we heading for another boro. The complete sloppiness in our play, lack of hunger and even remote semblance of football skill missing. All down to management and players. Just think about it the only reason danjuna came on after 80 mins was bcos we were behind. We’d made one sub prior to that which was Kane for rich. So obvs conte and stellini saw nothing prior to that to make them we need to change it. Infact kulu came on for porro I think first then danj came on even later. What was the point of bringing in him? Is just all paybacks when doing these deals? Obvs if no loans or transfers are fine then there is fees for agents. Pure madness in our transfer activity, team selection and coaching. If we didn’t no better you’d think it was all done on purpose. Did stellini even look angry on the touch line at what he was seeing!
Kulu spent his time at right back as dier was trying to get forward more. Clueless tactics

It has been so glaringly obvious to anyone with a brain that we have needed some creativity in the midfield all season. We created nothing all match. The passing was terrible, the shooting was terrible, the crossing was terrible. The defence were abject. What’s not to like
That’s in conte and Pat they got players they wanted. Waste of money abd time getting Porro when his playing champo level lumps.

Kulu spent his time at right back as dier was trying to get forward more. Clueless tactics

Noticed this in a couple of games now.......

At times he's playing a passive supporting role to less attacking, less creative players..... Utterly bizarre.

it all got too dark - plus your criticisms of players. This is football, no-one died (apart from our spirit) and we move on.

There is always light at the end of the tunnel

caveat - no so much when it's night time
Why try and blur the truth though? The situation we’re in now is far more bleak than in 2019. That much is abundantly clear. There’s really no dressing it up unfortunately.

Sheffield United with injuries , suspensions and illness were 8 players down . Right now all we have to be proud about is Kane , a Go Karting track , Beyoncé , NFL games , Skywalk , power showers , match day bar turnover and a golf course .
Keith Burkinshaw when leaving in the mid eighties said . “ There used to be a football club over there”
The man has been right for approaching nearly 40 years now
You forgot Guns n Roses sweet child of mine.....

Back
Top Bottom