Sheff Utd vs Yid Army FA Cup Wed 1 March 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We started Kane against Portsmouth for fucks sake.

But no we must rest him against a team that will be in the premier league next season, makes perfect fucking sense.
It fucks me off no end that we get ourselves into these positions (4 seasons on the trot now we have gone out at this stage) and we rest players thinking we are some big club with great back up.

We are not and we do not have the players to allow us to rest our best ones.

Fucked off.......again!!

True to some extent. But we had almost a first choice attack out there, midfield you could argue the toss. Played 2 of our main CBs and our primary LWB. Add in porro who cost a cool £40M. That ain’t too bad on paper. Just so happens that most of them are shit. Whoever thinks rocharlison and porro are worth combined £100M needs shooting. I’d sell both if we can.
Not giving up on Richarlison and Porro. Richarlison has played 1000 minutes for the club, and Porro has had 2 matches? Knee-jerk analysis, calling for them to be binned.

I can't believe people like you watch that game and say "do you know what, that's not on the players!"
Look deeper though. Why do we still have Sanchez and Moura? Forster and Perisic look exactly what they are, old players on a free. Why is a player as limited as Hojbjerg starting every game for 3 seasons? Where is the succession planning for Son and Lloris? How are Davies and Dier, squad players from 9 years ago now mainstays?

I can't believe people like you watch that game and say "do you know what, that's not on the players!"
Where did I say the players didn't have a part in it?

Clue, I didn't.

The players are like this though because the whole club has a lack of ambition stemming from the top down.

As somebody else already said the fact that we still have players like Dier and Sanchez at the club again reflects on the board.

The players were shit, the selection was shit, but this is another trophyless season, players and managers come and go and we fail.

What is the common denominator?

Prolly the worst performance I've ever seen from Spurs. Sheffield were begging to be beaten yet somehow Spurs spluttered through the game.
Caretaker manager DISRESPECTED the FA Cup and it cost the club. The love affair with him is over, Conte can come back and have his quirks to the end of the season.
Really disappointed about Fraser Forster, second time he's let a goal in at the near post, a goalkeeping cardinal sin. Other than that he's better than Lloris.
Would have had home tie v Blackburn and probably semis. At least Blackburn will be pleased.

We seem to have filled out our squad with mediocre players at best the clubs we bought these frauds from must be having a right old laugh .Our recruitment team and the owners keep making the same mistakes time and time again on the playing side really cheesed of tonight even though its not a complete shock as we have previous form for such ineptitude .

We probably would have got away with those changes at home. Not in an away game. Just look at the teams we’ve lost to in the cups/Europa away from home in recent years.

Anyway it’s not about what the players cost. Richarlison cost £60m but he played like a piece of furniture tonight. He has scored in one game all season. He took Harry’s place up front and predictably failed to deliver. Kane is our only reliable scorer and we need him out there.

The point about money (and maybe more importantly; wages) is a reflection on just how below expectation the individual performances were.

Why did we sign Danjuma? He plays in Son’s position, son is playing diabolically this season, yet we either stick richarlison out there or persist with Son

It’s completely pointless

The management is inept, and too prideful apparently to reflect on or change their ways.

We'll just have to suffer like good fans until Levy can get a clue.

What rubs me up the wrong way as well is that Son has been doing a lot of fashion campaigns this season off the pitch Calvin Klein, Burberry etc.

Now I know that a lot of footballers do this but you know who else did this and started to decline? Dele...

He did the EXACT same shit and it was around that time his football started falling apart as well, Son just doesn't seem like he has the same desire this season for me on the pitch, it's like he is going through the motions.

Maybe I am reading into it but I thought the same about Dele and look what happened there.
The difference is, Dele had an entire entourage around him that were bad news... Mates/Agents/hangers on... all giving him bad advice and turning his head...

Son has his Dad... who I wouldn't wanna mess with!!

I think the God like status he has in S.Korea MAY have gone to his head though!

Prolly the worst performance I've ever seen from Spurs. Sheffield were begging to be beaten yet somehow Spurs spluttered through the game.
Caretaker manager DISRESPECTED the FA Cup and it cost the club. The love affair with him is over, Conte can come back and have his quirks to the end of the season.
Really disappointed about Fraser Forster, second time he's let a goal in at the near post, a goalkeeping cardinal sin. Other than that he's better than Lloris.
Would have had home tie v Blackburn and probably semis. At least Blackburn will be pleased.

fetchimage

Not the referees fault ??

I genuinely believe the back 3 Sheffield United put out tonight is better than ours. I really, really do. Good chance their keeper is better than Forster too.

I also believe it could be argued their midfield 3 had better technical ability than Hojbjerg and Sarr.

Add all of the above together and it’s not a massive shock they beat us. They are key positions on the football pitch.

They were shit..... They just did a classic cup hack,foul, smash n' grab, back-5-has-the-game-of-their-lives giant killing.

That team we just lost to would get battered every week in the prem.

But on paper we should have beaten Sheffield Utd, I can;t see how anyone can blame Levy/Enic for this loss?
You see it's quite simple. ENIC/Levy have continuously failed when it comes to football-related decision making, which has manifested in consistent failure on the pitch, i.e, tonight.

Easiest shot at a trophy for a while and we put out a second string team.

Can't even be bothered to turn up in the second half.

Shocking display.
Wouldn't say 'easiest'....
Had City drawn Utd (and guaranteeing one of them would be out) then maybe...

But as it is, it's all pointing to a Manchester Final... something we probably wouldn't have had much say in...

The BIG BIG clubs take winning trophies seriously... we seem to think we're above all that!

FA Cup....? Faaarkin Mickey Mouse innit?

The difference is, Dele had an entire entourage around him that were bad news... Mates/Agents/hangers on... all giving him bad advice and turning his head...

Son has his Dad... who I wouldn't wanna mess with!!

I think the God like status he has in S.Korea MAY have gone to his head though!
Son apparently was advised by his Dad not to get married so as to focus more on his football career. You have to wonder if he also advised against sexual activity generally. I believe it's possible, and probably likely in the subtext of that message. As such I really do wonder if Son was properly prepared to suddenly become a Calvin Klein sex icon this past Summer. The pressures of it all appear to have quickly become too much for him to handle, unfortunately, and his game has suffered terribly.

Back
Top Bottom