Sheff Utd vs Yid Army FA Cup Wed 1 March 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Holy fuck, you have it bad. HeadfordBale

Looked through your posts...

And every one (apart from a few this evening, being a warrior on this thread) are having a dig at Dier.

Ha Ha Smile GIF by The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Was the performance of that team tonight down to Levy/ENIC? You really think that?

Spurs B team (Golden boot winner, Brazilian #9, best young RWB in Europe yadda yadda yadda) couldn't beat Sheff U B team.... And that's solely because of what goes on in the boardroom...... Apparently.

I'm depressed enough not to read the previous pages, but I can well imagine how this thread went!
The arrogance of our players was shameful, TBH, just thought we had to turn up to get through.
I'm not going to post my thoughts on the game either, as like the players, don't think I can be bothered.
On the coach home and if we get a good run, should be home by 2am. Think I'll hibernate tomorrow, just know that Romford will be crawling with gooners.
🤬
:(

So the players lack ambition?
Well, TBF they all did sign with a club that hasn't won anything in 15-16 years, dumped a recent manager the week before a final, went 18 months without an xfer, held their star striker for ransom when he wanted to win things, etc etc etc. So what I'm saying is it could be argued that by the vvery nature of being here...

Considering we haven't won a trophy since 2008, it's mad that we didn't start out first team for this game.

Sheffield United aren't a bad side. They'll be in the Premier League again next season. We showed them a lack of respect and ended up paying for it.

That being said, we should have won that game with the players who were on the pitch. They're as guilty as anyone.

The fact that Richarlison, a striker who cost £60m hasn't scored one goal in his 17 games with us is also incredibly worrying.

Well, TBF they all did sign with a club that hasn't won anything in 15-16 years, dumped a recent manager the week before a final, went 18 months without an xfer, held their star striker for ransom when he wanted to win things, etc etc etc. So what I'm saying is it could be argued that by the very nature of being here...
You drunk?

Kane.... has to take a lot of the blame imo, When the moment comes he always, always let's us down, it's a sad fact but true.

State of that header at the end. Sandra would've scored that. ffs Rosie would have as well

I'm done. Sky sports being cancelled. Membership cancelled. I won't spend another penny on this shit for some time.

Rest half the first team when we had a chance to win the fa cup.

Sanchez, dier, peh, Davies, perisic, sess, tanganga, moura, Forster are not good enough for the squad. Most of them have been here for years.

With the money spent on ndombele, richarlison and lo celso ( £140m?) we could have bought two champions league quality defenders and a proper long term replacement for lloris. You build teams from the back first. If anyone at the club thinks that any of our defenders, besides Romero, are good enough we should be worried.

Recruitment and a lack of a coherent football strategy have cost us and will continue to. I have no confidence in the clubs leadership, scouting or youth development. Paratici is a fraud, what gems has he unearthed? He has only successfully signed players from juventus. Jury still out on richarlison and porro.

I honestly think I could do a better job at instilling a club culture, vision and strategy than the morons running the club at the moment.

Play brave attacking football. Buy young hungry footballers with a high level technical proficiency. Freshen the squad every year, no players hanging around for 8 years stealing a wage. Hire coaches who play brave attacking football. Start taking calculated financial risks on players who are worth the extra few million. Be prepared to sell players for a loss. And so on.

Just thought I would repost this effort from me after the 'glorious victory' against the Graham Potter outfit. Hopefully the 12 people who down voted this post have had a reality check.

Chelsea were absolute shite after all.

"I'm serious.

I thought Spurs retention of the ball was poor. Continually conceded possession with casual passes which were easily intercepted. It kept happening.

The timing of Skipp's goal gave us a huge advantage but at 1-0 Chelsea were still in the game and Spurs really should have put them to the sword sooner than we did.

It was obvious a 2nd goal would kill them. They were arguing among themselves and getting frustrated.

The first half was boring. I'm sick of the negative approach.

Skipp had a good game but Fraser Forster was the player I was happiest with."

Spurs B team (Golden boot winner, Brazilian #9, best young RWB in Europe yadda yadda yadda) couldn't beat Sheff U B team.... And that's solely because of what goes on in the boardroom...... Apparently.

Football is fixed.

Levy is in on it. He knows that the product he sells is punishment.

Obviously joking but really do wish I wasn’t a Spurs fan.

He also said we had learnt from Middlesbrough last season but obviously we haven’t learnt a fucking and the way the overpaid arseholes slunk off at tge final whistle they obviously don’t give a Shite
I've said it previously in this thread.

But this is at least in part because the club has internalized not putting value in the cups. They are just meant to stroke egos or whatever Poch said. The focus is on trying to compete for the league or to have deep CL runs. Those are the two trophies that have mattered at least since the final Lane season.

Realistically we are not going to have good shots at the league even if Lewis started throwing money at us. The oil clubs have too much of a head start. We would be better off not putting as much focus on the league, but still gunning to finish as highly as possible and trying to win if the opportunity presents itself of course, and sharpening ourselves when it comes to knock out football.

Doing well in the league and winning some cups or secondary European trophies is a reasonable road to success. But not one that I can see the club going for sadly.

I'm done. Sky sports being cancelled. Membership cancelled. I won't spend another penny on this shit for some time.

Rest half the first team when we had a chance to win the fa cup.

Sanchez, dier, peh, Davies, perisic, sess, tanganga, moura, Forster are not good enough for the squad. Most of them have been here for years.

With the money spent on ndombele, richarlison and lo celso ( £140m?) we could have bought two champions league quality defenders and a proper long term replacement for lloris. You build teams from the back first. If anyone at the club thinks that any of our defenders, besides Romero, are good enough we should be worried.

Recruitment and a lack of a coherent football strategy have cost us and will continue to. I have no confidence in the clubs leadership, scouting or youth development. Paratici is a fraud, what gems has he unearthed? He has only successfully signed players from juventus. Jury still out on richarlison and porro.

I honestly think I could do a better job at instilling a club culture, vision and strategy than the morons running the club at the moment.

Play brave attacking football. Buy young hungry footballers with a minimum technical proficiency. Freshen the squad every year, no players hanging around for 8 years stealing a wage. Hire coaches who play brave attacking football. Start taking calculated financial risks on players who are worth the extra few million. Be prepared to sell players for a loss. And so on.
Good post

The Paratici fallacy continues to baffle me

Last summer window was an absolute farce

Not a single player has come in and made any tangible improvement to the team

We have roughly 200mil worth of turds out on loan because our wonder DOF is unable to permanently shift them

He's been here for over 18 months now and the squad is still an utter mess

And the crowning turd in the water pipe , he's been proven to be dodgy as fuck

Back
Top Bottom