Sheff Utd vs Yid Army FA Cup Wed 1 March 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Sarr plays good and gets taken off. Lucas our brightest attacker gets taken off. Son plays like turbo shit and enjoys 90minutes doing nothing.
Sarr did ok but was on a yellow and the MF needed freshening. Moura was probably understandably tired. Son and Kane partnership has delivered many goals is probably why Son stayed on, plus corner deliveries?

It's the chickens coming home to roost from when we made the mentality switch from taking cups seriously to focusing on trying to win the league and making deep CL runs only. Even our big players that are meant to set the standard don't take the cups seriously now.

We need a complete cultural retooling.
...and yet Man City, Arse, Man Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea have managed to focus on both in the past, and taken the Cups seriously, whilst still challenging for League Titles/CL Qualification!

...why is it SOOOOO beneath us to care about winning a Cup once in a fucking generation?

I know Spammers lost in the end but they fielded their best team and they are in a relegation battle.
Put out the team that beat Chelsea today and we would have won, I'm sure.
Another season with fuck all and probably won't get a better chance?

Son apparently was advised by his Dad not to get married so as to focus more on his football career. You have to wonder if he also advised against sexual activity generally. I believe it's possible, and probably likely in the subtext of that message. As such I really do wonder if Son was properly prepared to suddenly become a Calvin Klein sex icon this past Summer. The pressures of it all appear to have quickly become too much for him to handle, unfortunately, and his game has suffered terribly.
I dunno about that, he’s looked pretty impotent all season.

I just cannot fathom just lumping in balls from out wide against defenders that want you to do that and lap that shit up. The only time they was uncomfortable was when lucas was running at them and we fucking took him off. Every fucking time you start to believe a little this team just sends you spiralling into a rage with a pitiful performance.

What i dont get with not picking a full strength side is even if we got to the final thats 3 more games whilst the league season is on with the final the end of the season. Is that 3 extra games really going to be the difference between being fresh or knackered?

Cunts thought they could take the foot off second half, fucking useless, lazy, bottling cunts, stopped tackling, stopped challenging, dropped off, stopped pressing and decided to phone it in.

Our team was good enough to beat a shit team from the Champo and we didn't because we stopped working hard and stopped battling and competing.

It wasn't tactics, it wasn't quality, it was failure to compete from 55 minutes on, a fucking piss poor mentality that got worse the longer the game went on.

Fine them all and pay for the fans who travelled up.

Bottle jobs.

I'm done. Sky sports being cancelled. Membership cancelled. I won't spend another penny on this shit for some time.

Rest half the first team when we had a chance to win the fa cup.

Sanchez, dier, peh, Davies, perisic, sess, tanganga, moura, Forster are not good enough for the squad. Most of them have been here for years.

With the money spent on ndombele, richarlison and lo celso ( £140m?) we could have bought two champions league quality defenders and a proper long term replacement for lloris. You build teams from the back first. If anyone at the club thinks that any of our defenders, besides Romero, are good enough we should be worried.

Recruitment and a lack of a coherent football strategy have cost us and will continue to. I have no confidence in the clubs leadership, scouting or youth development. Paratici is a fraud, what gems has he unearthed? He has only successfully signed players from juventus. Jury still out on richarlison and porro.

I honestly think I could do a better job at instilling a club culture, vision and strategy than the morons running the club at the moment.

Play brave attacking football. Buy young hungry footballers with a minimum technical proficiency. Freshen the squad every year, no players hanging around for 8 years stealing a wage. Hire coaches who play brave attacking football. Start taking calculated financial risks on players who are worth the extra few million. Be prepared to sell players for a loss. And so on.

Lost count, the amount of times I've put this fucking club before my family. Even things like Holidays etc they go off and do things, I sit in a bar and get let down time after time by these cunts.

I managed to get to a point where I didn't care so much, stopped going to games, I even stopped watching under Conte, I detest everything about him. The way he lord's it over the club, thinking we should be grateful for the shit he serves up. Fell for Stelini giving us an upturn and watched tonight instead of going out with the wife.

No more, they can fuck off now. Until Conte is sacked and Levy either sorts the mess out top to bottom or fucks off I'm out.

Two more comedy moments tonight.

Davinson's soft shoe shuffle where he slipped on his arse, close to the half way line, losing possession while under a minimal amount of pressure.

Then there was Richarlison's 'shot' which grazed the corner flag.

Gawd help us.

He also said we had learnt from Middlesbrough last season but obviously we haven’t learnt a fucking thing and the way the overpaid arseholes slunk off at tge final whistle they obviously don’t give a Shite
...yeah, we seem to say a LOT before games these days....
And end up looking stoopid after them!

We ain't learned shit from last season, cos the players are too fucking stupid to take it in and absorb the lesson!

Lower Division Team will try harder than PL opposition, despite there being a difference in quality...

It ain't fucking rocket science!

I'm depressed enough not to read the previous pages, but I can well imagine how this thread went!
The arrogance of our players was shameful, TBH, just thought we had to turn up to get through.
I'm not going to post my thoughts on the game either, as like the players, don't think I can be bothered.
On the coach home and if we get a good run, should be home by 2am. Think I'll hibernate tomorrow, just know that Romford will be crawling with gooners.
🤬
If the players showed as much passion and put in as much effort as you travelling fans do , we wouldn’t be in this situation Mrs P . They should hang their heads in shame . Safe journey home

'the players thought the game would be easy so they went out there and lost it.'

What... the... fuck...

Is this it now?

Were the players offended they had to play?

They need a kick up the arse and their salaries docked.

It's the chickens coming home to roost from when we made the mentality switch from taking cups seriously to focusing on trying to win the league and making deep CL runs only. Even our big players that are meant to set the standard don't take the cups seriously now.

We need a complete cultural retooling.

Owners have a degree of responsibility if they're completely pre-occupied with top 4; BUT as ever things aren't as conveniently binary as peeps would like.....

........Poch used to say constantly: "We fight for the chance to win BIG things"..... .We literally had 5 years of that mantra which sat along side him once in a while saying things like "the cups are for only for the ego".

Despite any talk of priorities: We've had 4 finals since Poch arrived and come up empty.

Back
Top Bottom