Sheff Utd vs Yid Army FA Cup Wed 1 March 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Was Royal ill or rested? He, Skipp and Romero were our best 3 players against Chelsea so it seems so ill judged to rest them after a high. Hindsight and all that. Maybe with their energy and grit it could have rubbed off on the front 3 - maybe

Emerson had a small injury issue.

But we really shouldn’t need hindsight to know that we won’t win without the best players. After doing this for countless seasons we should have the foresight to realise that we can’t make 6 changes for an away game and expect to win.

Emerson had a small injury issue.

But we really shouldn’t need hindsight to know that we won’t win without the best players. After doing this for countless seasons we should have the foresight to realise that we can’t make 6 changes for an away game and expect to win.
In the previous round we made 7 changes in the away game and won 3-0. Its not about the number of changes, it about the quality of players that come in.

This has really angered me, who the fuck attacks a 70 year old man? If you want a scuff I’m sure there were plenty of yids willing last night , however they attack a fucking OAP!
Absolute scum bags!

I dont understand why we cant be top four and win a cup. Its not rocket science.
Our second string should be hungry enough to play with drive and intensity to go highlight themselves as a starter and then if closer to quarter and semi final introduce the first team players back in. As does city, chavs, utd etc
Let's look at who those second string were.
Forster.....past it and possibly too slow.
Porro, not up to speed with the team or English football.
Sanchez.....lacking confidence due to limited minutes.
Perisic......grandad.
Sarr......child
Moura.....one foot out the door.
Richarlison......at sea.

Just because they are PL players doesn't mean they are automatically superior or more motivated. I haven't checked out the ages of the Sheffield players but I suspect they are younger and more lively?

We were awful.
Our only realistic chance to get within a sniff of a final,and we looked like we couldn't be bothered as a team. Certain individuals were okish,but as a team we lacked loads.
Saddest part of all this, within 10minutes of the final whistle I had got over it. It Was like I had mentally prepared myself as I knew it was coming. And the 3 other spurs fans I watched it with,plus the spurs supporting barmaid were the same. This is what they have done to us.
Well fuck em!
I have booked a short camping holiday in Cornwall in June ,and that is more of a focus now than them.

Until the next time...
I'd like to say that I was over it, but I'm still fuming. Even a win on Saturday is not going to fix it.

Maybe its their fault that we have moved the shit players on yet and instead Dier will be given a new contract.

Maybe it is.

That still doesn't explain us resting our best defender and best attacker though in an FA Cup 5th round game to a Championship side.

These are the SAME players that have started games against the best teams in the league and got a result. Same players who have cemented as a top four Premier League team before.

It's a lame excuse at this point.

Back
Top Bottom