Sheff Utd vs Yid Army FA Cup Wed 1 March 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Didn’t do anything about it though nor did conte watching from home. Did he only realise that after the game! Ffs you could tell from the first 15 mins we had no indenity on how to play. It was, sloppy and error ridden with just long balls. I’m not paid as much as these fuckers but we could all see how we were playing not creating or looking threaten but they couldn’t. Subs at half time would add energy. Rich has hardly played he put no effort in playing his “fave” position.

Stfu Moaneen.

Why was lengket not bought on he can at least cross the ball?
So can Perisic and Son but chose not to.

The problem last night (and it applied to all players involved)... was that no-one fancied it. It's only some Championship wannabee, we'll just turn up and win.

Challenges pulled out of, no tracking back, no urgency, no ambition, no organisation etc etc.

Shameful, but I guess they're all enjoying a light training session this morning.

Do they not understand that we'd all give our right kidney (and probably the left as well) to be in their exalted, privileged position?

Pathetic.

Because we aren't good enough to make 6-7 changes and go to Sheffield United and win. It's arrogant to assume we can,If some of us can see it and called before the game why can't the management team? How many times do we have to be stung like this?
And I can only answer once again that the reason this is ultimately on Levy is that this competition is simply not the priority. He sets the goals.
Who do you think is responsible for prioritising our upcoming game vs Wolves over the FA Cup against Sheffield Utd, hence all the changes to the team?

But our 6/11th second string should be better than their 8/11th second string . We were outfought , outplayed, outthought . I normally try to lighthearted with most of my posts , to the point where I’m sure it irritates some on here. There is very little room for levity today I’m afraid

I want ENIC / Levy gone but we know that is not happening

So let’s focus on what is needed and SHOULD be achievable

Clearly we need a new manager , probably need 5 or 6 new players of real quality . That SHOULD be something the club commits to, i can’t see it mind you , which takes me full circle .
Unfortunately until the enic vultures and levy leave the same rancid cycle of failure will keep happening. This season will be my last as a ST holder. Following Tottenham has become an expensive chore and I'm done with it.

Who do you think is responsible for prioritising our upcoming game vs Wolves over the FA Cup against Sheffield Utd, hence all the changes to the team?
Thought I made that clear, it's the management team but it's clearly based off the targets they've been set by the board.

Think of it this way, if the board priority was a domestic cup the management team wouldn't be resting players would it?

The bottom line is, the game isn't about glory in our case it's about prioritizing what brings in the most ££ which is CL qualification

Just watched the first half, hadn't seen it last night. Was marginally better than the second imo. Thought most players did alright, except that Son and Richarlison were completely useless. Sanchez was Sanchez. You get nowhere with this formation if your centre forward isn't making things work, and Richarlison was horrible throughout the game.

Thought I made that clear, it's the management team but it's clearly based off the targets they've been set by the board.

Think of it this way, if the board priority was a domestic cup the management team wouldn't be resting players would it?

The bottom line is, the game isn't about glory in our case it's about prioritizing what brings in the most ££ which is CL qualification
And would you personally prefer if we focused more on the FA Cup as a target for the season, over a top 4 position. Or can we give all matches equal priority?

What the fuck. Must say I don’t know Sheffield at all but I didn’t think it was this kind of trouble.

I did and I mentioned this aspect in an earlier post about going there in the 70s

Not a nice place as evidenced by those shocking pics!

Based on ability alone they are/were good enough; so attitude and motivation are clearly the primary issue.

Paco Raban for fucks sake..... It's a fucking aftershave; not a football club!!!! :contehandshead:
The attitude and lack of mental strength. They never seem up for the fight its fucking embarrassing.

god that is such a tiresome expression

can't you find anything good to say about the club?

FFS!

see my previous post - and remember, we are entitled to nothing from this club, and the sooner you grasp that the easier it becomes to accept the rough with the smooth.

Also what makes it easier is that unless you buy the club, there's fuck all we can do about it.

Enjoy the good stuff, be pissed off when we lose - shake it off and move on.

ps - and don't give me the "happy clapper" speech - I am a distinctly unhappy one - just like everyone else.
It's really that simple isn't it? Obviously we're all annoyed but it really isn't worth melting down over. We all want to win, but it isn't in our control anyway.

Sorry you've lost me.......

If you're actually talking about what was motivating him then who cares... At least he was motivated.
He was motivated because he’s done as far as THFC are concerned. He knows it and the club knows it. He wants to find a new contract so when he’s given the opportunity - of course he’s motivated. I’m not saying he was picked for that reason but it wouldn’t surprise me.

The point being that putting 13 players who aren’t able to implement the top tier shite that is currently necessary on a football pitch and asking them to run around for their own benefit isn’t the best way to winning a trophy.

I dont understand why we cant be top four and win a cup. Its not rocket science.
Our second string should be hungry enough to play with drive and intensity to go highlight themselves as a starter and then if closer to quarter and semi final introduce the first team players back in. As does city, chavs, utd etc
My view on that is because we only rotate if there's an injury/suspension.

So our 2nd string know that, no matter what they do, they'll be back on the bench the next game.
This leads to lethargy.

With one or two exceptions obviously (Skipp/Richie)

Utd played a 2nd string yesterday with McTominay (who's shite) in the midfield.
He's had 16 app for them in the league this season as a back up player.

Ours have single digits mostly.

He was motivated because he’s done as far as THFC are concerned. He knows it and the club knows it. He wants to find a new contract so when he’s given the opportunity - of course he’s motivated. I’m not saying he was picked for that reason but it wouldn’t surprise me.

The point being that putting 13 players who aren’t able to implement the top tier shite that is currently necessary on a football pitch and asking them to run around for their own benefit isn’t the best way to winning a trophy.

Sure, but that's a million miles away from what last night was.

I'll agree that predominantly he plays LCB for wales. That's irrefutable. He has spent the MAJORITY of his Spurs time (and Swansea) as a LB or LWB. That's a *checks notes* black and white fact.

Poch - played 90+% of games with back 4.
Mou - played 100% back 4
Nuno - played 100% back 4.

Where the fuck did he play LWB before last month?
Do show me.

I do not give a flying fuck what did he play for Swansea. For Spurs he has played LB and LCB before Feb 23.

Stellini saying that team should have been strong enough.

I think what he's missing is that it's not so much that individually the players coming in aren't good enough, it's more that if you make 5 or 6 changes in one go you disrupt the team balance. Too many new partnerships all over the pitch.

With a glaring partnership, Son and Peresic, which clearly never works

We should have started our best players. Yesterday was proof that most of our squad players can not be trusted.

It's another reminder that Tottenham is still a long way off were us fans, want them to be.
And by “best”, I hope that your mean players that would rather lose an eye than pull out of a 50/50. Add a sprinkle of genuine talent on top of that and you might just get yourself a football team.

Poch - played 90+% of games with back 4.
Mou - played 100% back 4
Nuno - played 100% back 4.

None of this is true.

Both Nuno & Jose tinkered with a back 3/5 at times. (Was Davies at WB on those occcasions? Can't recall.)

BUT; Poch played 3421 a good year or so.... Much of which Rose was injured for... Guess who played LWB intead.

I do not give a flying fuck what did he play for Swansea. For Spurs he has played LB and LCB before Feb 23.

As above.

Back
Top Bottom