Sheff Utd vs Yid Army FA Cup Wed 1 March 2023

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fully understand the point you’re making but the point remains that the squad we have is good enough to have won last night and should have. I don’t levy is in giving pep talks everyday saying ‘remember lads fuck the cups’ Etc.

Players should want to win. I doubt they think about this deep internal dna club psyche that ‘it doesn’t matter if we get knocked out of the cup’ Etc we’re all furious. I’m sure all those players wanted to win the cup! They’ve won fuck all else.

😂

"Our form in 2019 was shit"

Mick "no it wasn't"

Facts presented

Mick "yeah, but we had no Kane"

When actually we did have Kane for some of that stint. He was injured in the first leg against City. The quarter final.
Oh shit
sorry - I hadn't realised that if you gave an opinion
it simply becomes a fact

that team was better than the current one - "my opinion"
it would beat the current one - "my opinion"

my opinions aren't facts - only yours are apparently

In what way?!

We have won 2 games out of 2 in the league since the knockout stages in the Champions League started. One being a great performance at home to our rivals Chelsea.

It took 7 games after the knockout stages in 2019 to muster up two wins and those were against a Palace team fighting relegation and a Huddersfield team who were one of the worst teams the league has ever seen.

We are performing alot better in terms of league form than we were back then. That's a simple fact.

Point being. We got to a Champions League final despite probably being the worst team to actually get there when it comes to league form and position. And theres no real reason to think we can't do it again if we can get lucky draws and favourable decisions like that run.

I mean, it's unlikely. But it's not impossible.
see my response to Murphy

No. We were an absolute mess in the 2nd half of that season and the start of the next. All over the shop and lacking the physical intensity of the earlier Poch teams - possibly because of that intensity, in the same way that Bielsa teams eventually fade.
dont disagree that we had started to drop in standards from what went on before - that isn't the issue

I said to Mrs P last night
I'm not a professional manager and have no coaching experience or qualifications and even I could see that we should have gone up there with our best team starting and gone flat out to kill the game. We got the result our arrogance and lack of ambition deserved.

That isn't hindsight because of the result - I made those observations before the game - and got lectured on why 70's footballers were shit - in comparison with todays.........haha fucking ha

Last edited:
Why is everyone having a go at Richarlison? He should get the sharpshooter of the match award for getting closer to the corner flag than anyone else. Kane's headed attempt at the end was closer to the goal than the flag. Well, just about. And no one else even tried.

Starters in defence the last 6 times we've been knocked out the FA CUP:
17/18 - Dier, Davies, Sanchez
18/19 - Dier, Sanchez
19/20 - Dier, Sanchez
20/21 - Davies, Sanchez
21/22 - Dier, Davies
22/23 - Dier, Davies, Sanchez.

No other 'big' club allows this. #LEVYOUT

I fully expect Poch back to silence us apathetic disaffected fans . Levy knows the majority like Poch , of the ones that don’t some will not be Levy out so it’s a no brainier for him .

As much as I am in the Levy out camp I don’t really blame him for last night. I do think Levy is happy to accept not winning as long as the cash keeps rolling in , but where is the players and the management’s personal pride . Even if Baldy does not care about trophies why don’t the players do it for the glory themselves , even allowing for the fact a fish rots from the head first as the old saying goes show some personal pride and ambition .

Pretty clear Hancock as health secretary was a massive cock , didn’t stop doctors and nurses being heroes in the pandemic , personal responsibility for the players and manager now .

I still struggle to get over that we didn't have a meaningful shot against a second string Championship side.

I thought it was quite cheeky of Porro to try and gee up the fans in the final few minutes, in fact the fans had performed much better than the players, and it's the fans who have been let down.

Ref last night and the players .

We mostly don’t idolise Levy , most fans at most clubs don’t give a damn about their owners , sports washing successful clubs excluded . But as fans we idolise the club , its history its heritage and its players , especially those that truly deserve it . Right now these players are with a few exceptions now in the not fit to wear the shirt category . They owe us top 4 and a victory against Milan , trouble is I am pretty sure they all slept like babies last night with a couple of exceptions .

Final thought Kane should leave , he deserves so much better . I pray that he doesn’t or we will be in serious trouble, however if he does I hope he wins something .

Caveat , obviously not if he ends up at , Woolwich , won’t happen , Chavski , not so sure .

Hope he stays , if not goes abroad , if not poxy Man United or Newcastle.

Final thought Kane should leave , he deserves so much better . I pray that he doesn’t or we will be in serious trouble, however if he does I hope he wins something .

Caveat , obviously not if he ends up at , Woolwich , won’t happen , Chavski , not so sure .

Hope he stays , if not goes abroad , if not poxy Man United or Newcastle.
Yes he does, and we'll have a season or two mid table. Especially now that Son is shoddy.

Back
Top Bottom