Schalke04 - Aug 9th - Block 35 - ITV4 - 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The Mrs isn't impressed so far, she's compared the area to "like Marrakech, but worse"

probably the last time I have this idea again! Could have been in the pub but she's being fussy...

:lennon:
Tell her that Shelfside27 from the fighting cock forum thinks she should stop being a miserable cunt and Fuck off to woolwich if she wants a pleasant day trip with a bit of football getting in the way :sandro:

Anybody watch the BeInSport coverage in the U.S.? It was fucking brutal. The announcers continually referred to Holtby, Eriksen, and Kane all as "Holtby" because they all have the "same haircut" and "same bleached blond hair" (huh?). They said it will be interesting to see if Vertonghen fills in some at CB this season instead of his usual LB (this isn't Belgium). They couldn't even keep up with subs, and not to mention all the mispronounced names.
:paulinhofacepalm:
I am so glad preseason is over.

Wow, 3 or 4 players could have turned and shot that, but they all layed it off to someone in a better position, and Holtby's lay off across the face of goal was just lovely.

Good to see, positive stuff. This game has been fun so far. Doesn't feel like a preseason game.

Anyone else catch the BeinHD stream of the game? Honestly some of the worst announcing I've ever heard.

Lowlights: referring to us as 'the spurs' countless times, confusing Holtbly/Kane/Eriksen with each other constantly, not just entertaining the idea that Jan was going to spend most of the year at leftback but more or less agreeing that it was set in stone (with a healthy Rose and Davies in their equation, mind you), and taking twenty minutes to realize Townsend wasn't the only sub brought on at half time.

Sometimes I just don't understand how people like that get such sweet jobs...

Sometimes I just don't understand how people like that get such sweet jobs...
Chiles-grab-11.jpg

Joe Clash Joe Clash

Home now, so can fix that shitty photo (click for bigger)

WP_20140809_17_15_55_Panorama.jpg

WP_20140809_17_14_57_Pro.jpg

Here's Dier, Davies and Vorm being unveiled with Poch

WP_20140809_17_18_42_Pro.jpg

So generally, it was 'restricted' because the supports were in the way of the pitch, but to be honest it was a perfect view otherwise.

Shame it was full of "geezers" who only made a sound to say "who is that seb-a-loss?" or kids asking "whos that" every time a player touched the ball...
:pochserious:

Yeah those cunts piss me off....but not as much as those cunts sitting there taking pictures.

Match hadn't even started...

:pochserious2:

and hey, it saves at least 10 pages of having to justify yourself to a certain high posting non-uk resident! :townhmm:

1) Goes to WHL
2) Takes photos
3) Thinks about Sammy
4) Uses photos to prove himself to Sammy
5) Get mugged off for taking photos by CB
6) Blame Sammy because he took photos

Sad, sad day out

Holtby is having a blinder...
Even enjoying the offsides, it's showing we are looking to get behind the defense and are willing to play the through ball..tactics look solid.
I wonder why no capoue on the bench though?

Back
Top Bottom