Schalke04 - Aug 9th - Block 35 - ITV4 - 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My team for West Ham

Lloris
Walker Kaboul Vertonghen Rose (wait what?)
Capoue Bentaleb
Lamela Eriksen Lennon
Adebayor

Bring Holtby on early in the second half to keep the high pressing going.

You can still see he's coming back from injury. Lennon is raring to go.

Don't get me wrong, subjectively Lennon will start..
I just feel for all his running about the end product is never there..
Townsend almost scored once or twice then and almost set up 2-3 except for shit finishes...
Don't quote me but I doubt Lennon had a shot all game

Based on pre season..team to start against the spammers

Lloris
Walker Kaboul verts rose
Holtby capoue
Lamela eriksen Townsend
Ade

Let's fucking smash em!

Can't believe I'm saying this but Lennon over Townsend. Townsend is way too selfish out there. He has to use his teammates better.

Don't get me wrong, subjectively Lennon will start..
I just feel for all his running about the end product is never there..
Townsend almost scored once or twice then and almost set up 2-3 except for shit finishes...
Don't quote me but I doubt Lennon had a shot all game
Hit the post when offside.

He had more about him preseason, I agree with you (between the pair) longterm, but, as you put for the Wet Spam game I'd have to disagree.

Despite falling away in the last 25 mins, and a lot of rustiness in play I think overall it was a good performance. Dier looked strong, and despite it only being one game he looks capable of playing a big part this season.

We also could have scored a lot of goals. Roll on Saturday.

SmoggyReadyAmericanwarmblood.gif

Yeah this is the weakest rustiest midfield we have fielded so far, Sandro will take time to come back, Carroll can't defend at all so need to compensate, mason has gone ahead of him in rankings

with that kid next to him already showing more than fryers, Man U fans were gutted we stole him, god knows where he is in pecking order!

Yeah I agree entirely. Losing hope in Carroll's ability to make it at this level, while Mason has thoroughly impressed in this preseason and Holtby has clearly grasped hold of the position (and isn't much older). Not sure Fryers is gonna make it either, just far too slow in his reactions to balls in dangerous areas for me. Not sure if that's even something that can be coached.

No offense but if anyone deserves a start against WHU it's holtby..

I just think he's more valuable as a sub to bring on early in the second half to make sure our press doesn't shut down due to fatigue. I actually think that his contribution in that sense is one of the most important in the squad.

Absolutely - and I've said my piece about if Van G wants his 343 to work he needs to sign 3 good ones pronto

I suppose he is confident enough with his methods to compensate for their problems, holland also had very average cb at the wc.

Agree with you though think it will cost them as although he is a great manager average players are average players.

Back
Top Bottom