Schalke04 - Aug 9th - Block 35 - ITV4 - 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not as much the CB's faults. In the camera angle from behind, Dier was on his man and Fryers wasn't as close as he appeared from the game angle. That was a midfielder's fault for letting his man run free into the box.

Not going into a 20 page thread with you, I play centre back for 15 years, if I take a look at someone making a run, I don't stand still I go pick him up, of course Carroll not great but Zeki has had 3 of these in 3 games

His mind was still on the bench watching the game.

I suppose it being a friendly we kind of have to play our weaker squad players, most of our first choice defensive players ain't even on the pitch right now, better mistakes now that during the season.

Hope this season isn't as littered with errors as the last, last year still gives me nightmares.

Oh and are the players wearing a knock-off third kit ... something like from sports direct?
There's no "Echo of Glory" design on the back, and the lettering/numbering is blue.

Not going into a 20 page thread with you, I play centre back for 15 years, if I take a look at someone making a run, I don't stand still I go pick him up, of course Carroll not great but Zeki has had 3 of these in 3 games

Fair enough. I won't defend Fryers not getting to that (have always viewed his reactions as slow mentally), but still, the CM should never have allowed that runner to progress freely into the box. Extremely poor marking.

Back
Top Bottom