Schalke04 - Aug 9th - Block 35 - ITV4 - 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Watched on Spurs TV – enjoyed the game. Coverage by Spurs TV went ok, no glitches or annoying Betting companies to deal with.
Spurs first half better than second disrupted by a lot of subs, but even then we could have scored a few more goals – Soldado, Townie and Cellabos missed some real hot chances.
Can Poch be the one that gets WHL rocking, I hope so.
The new boy 20yr old Eric Dier played really well with Kaboul. Holtby seems to be Poch’s pet atm, getting a lot of game time. Lamela and Eriksen need more time together but the revelation for me is Lennon – he is going ok as left sided player of midfield three behind Striker.
They scored one minute after subbing Kabs for Fryer and it was he who was at fault but can’t blame him for that with no time to adjust/swap with Dier.
Interesting Dawson, Mason and Capoue did not play – could all three be leaving this week ? Schneiderlin and Muscahhio could both be coming this week which is a good expression of ambition – ambition which Lloris wants to see.
This yr, this yr is our yr.

It was good fun; atmosphere was much better first half but the game itself was better second. People around me booing Naughton up in block 40, which is pathetic. I love Holtby; what an absolute legend. I am well excited for the start of the season now.

Anybody watch the BeInSport coverage in the U.S.? It was fucking brutal. The announcers continually referred to Holtby, Eriksen, and Kane all as "Holtby" because they all have the "same haircut" and "same bleached blond hair" (huh?). They said it will be interesting to see if Vertonghen fills in some at CB this season instead of his usual LB (this isn't Belgium). They couldn't even keep up with subs, and not to mention all the mispronounced names.
:paulinhofacepalm:
I am so glad preseason is over.

im quite surprised to read how many people though Lennon played well!

I'll have to watch the TV highlights, because he seemed crap

WFT. Where I come from you cheer for your team and players even if the janitor and the physio are playing. Period.

Yeh defo, naughton made a lot of errors last season but as long as he gives 100% on the pitch You have to support him as with all spurs players.

More impressed with rose yesterday, last season I felt his attitude was wrong as if he could not care about his defensive duties, but yesterday he was a changed man.

im quite surprised to read how many people though Lennon played well!

I'll have to watch the TV highlights, because he seemed crap
Lennon always seems to impress people by running really fast and looking dangerous. After the end of almost every game he usually ends up doing fuck all. Yesterday was no exception.

i'll be honest, i didn't think yesterday was very good. was bored shitless by the 2nd half. mainly cos the same songs were getting repeated over and over again, hardly anyone got involved in any different songs that got started either. ah well

Joe Clash Joe Clash

Home now, so can fix that shitty photo (click for bigger)

WP_20140809_17_15_55_Panorama.jpg

WP_20140809_17_14_57_Pro.jpg

Here's Dier, Davies and Vorm being unveiled with Poch

WP_20140809_17_18_42_Pro.jpg

So generally, it was 'restricted' because the supports were in the way of the pitch, but to be honest it was a perfect view otherwise.

Shame it was full of "geezers" who only made a sound to say "who is that seb-a-loss?" or kids asking "whos that" every time a player touched the ball...
:pochserious:

I think they call it 'restricted' because the view of one of the goals is obstructed, as your 2nd photo illustrates very well. It is a great view as you say - my dad likes it up there - but I moved to the Park Lane years ago for the same reasons you mention.

Back
Top Bottom