Schalke04 - Aug 9th - Block 35 - ITV4 - 1730KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great stuff, happy with that half. :adethumbup:

Solid half. Some strong performances so far, Kaboul has been a rock. I like the pressing to get the ball back if its lost, something we lacked last season. Ade leading the line well. Lamela and Erikson have been a little quiet but they are involved and I think that due to strong performances all round they aren't standing out as much. Which is obviously a good thing.

You missed all the passing before hand, that was even better

With the passing ...

TartEarnestIvorybilledwoodpecker.gif

Holtby is having a blinder...
Even enjoying the offsides, it's showing we are looking to get behind the defense and are willing to play the through ball..tactics look solid.
I wonder why no capoue on the bench though?

Im assuming that the commentator on spurs TV is employed by the club.

fucker is speculating on Lloris' future at the club. someone needs to have a bloody word.

Bentaleb, Rose, Adebayor, Lennon, and Holtby (though I think he's better suited further forward) all impressed for me in that half.

The best thing though is being able to see the beginning of a real identity based around positive football.

You can tell they haven't played together, but I'm enjoying the Holtby/Bentalab partnership. Their touches get them out of trouble and on the attack rather quickly.

Solid half. Some strong performances so far, Kaboul has been a rock. I like the pressing to get the ball back if its lost, something we lacked last season. Ade leading the line well. Lamela and Erikson have been a little quiet but they are involved and I think that due to strong performances all round they aren't standing out as much. Which is obviously a good thing.
A few tweaks still needed and we're ready for a strong season. 3rd place and silverwear? Looking plausible at the minute. Will of course be hard work though with the competition.

We need to work on awareness, positioning and decisions on the mental side, passing staying on feet and a little more probing on the physical side.

Impressed.

Clarke Carlisle was wittering on all game about how great Lennon was....then mistook him for Lamela in the goal build-up...

Decent first half. Rose looks much better defensively with Davies making him compete for his position. Thinking this second half will be quite different. Soldado is going to have a hard time scoring without those super creative types behind him.

EDIT: Thought there were gonna be more changes after the half. Nevermind.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom