Return of the Poch

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

would you welcome poch back

• yes

Votes: 189 72.1%
  • no

Votes: 73 27.9%

• Total voters
Possibly, but I was referring to the team he had at the end.
It's better than the team he had at the end.

Let's make a comparison:

Hugo (2023) << Hugo (2019)
Emerson/Porro >> Trippier
Romero > Toby (2019)
Lenglet/Davies << Jan (2019)
Perisic/Sess > Rose (2019)
Bentancur >> Winks
Skipp >> Sissoko
Kulusevski >> Dele (2019)
Son (2023) <<< Son (2019)
Richarlison = Eriksen/GLC (2019)
Kane (2023) = Kane (2019)

(I'm taking players based on their form in 2019, not on their peak form, otherwise Toby is clear of Romero for example)

Then you have the bench which is infinitely better than what we had in 2019. Bissouma in comparison to Ndombele, the other of Emerson/Porro in comparison to KWP etc.

It's a squad that needs work, a lot of it, but it's not a poor squad at it's core. It needs a lot of deadwood removal and possibly even focal points removal (Kane/Son). But the same thing happened when Legoman got rid of their goalscorers (captains), and now his work is proving dividends. The question is, has Levy learned his lesson and back Poch this time?

It's better than the team he had at the end.

Let's make a comparison:

Hugo (2023) << Hugo (2019)
Emerson/Porro >> Trippier
Romero > Toby (2019)
Lenglet/Davies << Jan (2019)
Perisic/Sess > Rose (2019)
Bentancur >> Winks
Skipp >> Sissoko
Kulusevski >> Dele (2019)
Son (2023) <<< Son (2019)
Richarlison = Eriksen/GLC (2019)

(I'm taking players based on their form in 2019, not on their peak form, otherwise Toby is clear of Romero for example)

Then you have the bench which is infinitely better than what we had in 2019. Bissouma in comparison to Ndombele, the other of Emerson/Porro in comparison to KWP etc.

It's a squad that needs work, a lot of it, but it's not a poor squad at it's core. It needs a lot of deadwood removal and possibly even focal points removal (Kane/Son). But the same thing happened when Legoman got rid of their goalscorers (captains), and now his work is proving dividends. The question is, has Levy learned his lesson and back Poch this time?
If you take his last season ;

Dembele
Wanyama

And Trippier is/was way better than Emerson or Porro

If you take his last season ;

Dembele
Wanyama

And Trippier is/was way better than Emerson or Porro
Dembele got sold in january before he left.
Wanyama was a ghost basically, I don't even remember him playing anymore for us after he got subbed off against Ajax. Love them both, but they were clearly finished at the top level.

Trippier was shit in his last season here. The worst player in the squad by a mile. I remember telling people that we were winning despite of Trippier, not with Trippier and certainly not because of Trippier. The change of scenery to Atleti re-vitalized him, and I'm happy for him for that.

Dembele got sold in january before he left.
Wanyama was a ghost basically, I don't even remember him playing anymore for us after he got subbed off against Ajax. Love them both, but they were clearly finished at the top level.

Trippier was shit in his last season here. The worst player in the squad by a mile. I remember telling people that we were winning despite of Trippier, not with Trippier and certainly not because of Trippier. The change of scenery to Atleti re-vitalized him, and I'm happy for him for that.
My opinion

Hugo (2019)
Trippier
Toby (2019) much better than Romero
Jan (2019)
Rose (2019) not much in it
Bentancur
Skipp
Dele (2019) was great that year
Son (2019)
Eriksen (2019)

Add in Dembele from the first half (out league form 2nd half of the season without him was relegation stuff)

For me 2019 was a better team.
Opinion only.

:pochshock: :dembelefingers:

Who on this forum rates Dier, Winks, Alli, Rodon, Tanganga, Sanchez, Sess, Lenglet, Ndombele, Lo Celso, Reguilon??? I can tell you: NONE, ZERO, ZILCH!! So what makes you think Poch rates them?

Why is it so important for you 23% no-sayers that Poch doesn´t get the gig???

Said it for a long time I don’t think he should come back while players remain from his first time out.

The last 10 months apart from the CL run we were god awful. Not all of that can be blamed on the players and Levy.

Charge is good and at Spurs needed. Is poch really change??

Total Clean slate I might be a bit more open to it.

But I think people forget what we started from to what we became.

And I love the crazy bastard. He’s a true gent.

Awesome stuff.

So even if we do a Newcastle and get Keegan back, he'll be flirting for the Madrid job the whole tenure anyway?

He’s effectively doing a Sharon stone in basic instinct.

Playing Levy like a thirsty Michael Douglas.

Superimpose their faces onto that scene someone.

What a great mental image I have created for everyone!!!

De Zerbi, I like watching brighton play and football nerds on Twitter have been absolutely creaming themselves over him.
My feeling about De Zerbi is that it's too premature to judge him fully. Let's see where he is after a full season at Brighton.

Plus, I think it's time clubs stopped poaching from Brighton and found their own players and managers.

Said it for a long time I don’t think he should come back while players remain from his first time out.
There's not a lot of players left from when he was sacked though. Hugo, Dier, Davies, Sess, Son, Kane are the only ones left. It's fair to say that Hugo's, Sess's and Son's days are numbered, while he never fancied Dier at all. That leaves only Kane who might go, and Davies who's a squad player.

Then it's Ndombele, GLC, Winks that are out on loan, and out of those only GLC might have the potential of coming back.

There's not a lot of players left from when he was sacked though. Hugo, Dier, Davies, Sess, Son, Kane are the only ones left. It's fair to say that Hugo's, Sess's and Son's days are numbered, while he never fancied Dier at all. That leaves only Kane who might go, and Davies who's a squad player.

Then it's Ndombele, GLC, Winks that are out on loan, and out of those only GLC might have the potential of coming back.

Ok.

But as of today they are still here yes?

Ok.

But as of today they are still here yes?
It doesn't matter. The ones who (appearently) threw Poch under the bus were Jan, Toby, Tripper, Rose and Eriksen. None of them are still here.

The squad is a different squad to when he left. There's quite a possibility that after the summer, only Davies and Son will still be at the club from the players I listed.

It doesn't matter. The ones who (appearently) threw Poch under the bus were Jan, Toby, Tripper, Rose and Eriksen. None of them are still here.

The squad is a different squad to when he left. There's quite a possibility that after the summer, only Davies and Son will still be at the club from the players I listed.

Not sure what else I can say to you. That’s my reason!
When it’s a total clean slate I might look at it differently.

Lloris
Royal Romero Longlet Davies
Bentancur Bissouma
Porro Kulu Danjuma
Kane

If we're playing 4 at the back I think Porro is a bit of a liability. We cannot put out only reliable scorer anywhere other than at the head of the attack.
Son can fuck off.
I want to see Kulu given a more central role to see what he can do. He can shoot from long range and pass it around. On the right, he seems to get forced out on to his weaker foot a lot as well.
I've gone for Porro as one of the 3 just because he seems very eager to attack and cross and seems able to take a direct free kick and a corner, so could be useful.
Went for Danjuma over Richarlison as I see him more as a winger type. Richarlison is a pure forward IMO and is likely interchangeable with Kane.

I can't cope with Dier in a starting 11 every week, especially when he only has 1 defender to make tackles for him.
Would prefer a better CB than Lenglet and Danjuma a slightly unknown quantity but still preferable to other options but..that 11 is probably has best 11 from our current squad.

Back
Top Bottom