Return of the Poch

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

would you welcome poch back

• yes

Votes: 189 72.1%
  • no

Votes: 73 27.9%

• Total voters
So tehTrunk tehTrunk got a AI bot to write poch's first speech after being re appointed. AI is going to put is all in the bin.

Episode 9 Crying GIF by One Chicago

Awesome stuff.

So even if we do a Newcastle and get Keegan back, he'll be flirting for the Madrid job the whole tenure anyway?

There's no way that's true. Not after his stint at PSG. One more fuck up at a club of that level and his reputation will be shot. At least with us there's a sense of "well, I wasn't backed" to fall back on.

I imagine if he said that, and that's a big "if". He's doing it as leverage to A) get a better deal and B) establish leverage so that if he were to join, it's conditional on him having things done the way he wants.

Wanyama was a ghost basically, I don't even remember him playing anymore for us after he got subbed off against Ajax. Love them both, but they were clearly finished at the top level.

He bafflingly made an appearance v Lester early in 19/20...... Came on, the tide turned and we subsequently lost the game.

One thing that would worry me with Poch is would he show loyalty to players he already knows. The likes of Dier even a returning from loan Winks, there’s a lot of deadwood still on the books from when he was in charge that I’m worried he might think he can get the best out of, when in reality these players just need shipping out.

One thing that would worry me with Poch is would he show loyalty to players he already knows. The likes of Dier even a returning from loan Winks, there’s a lot of deadwood still on the books from when he was in charge that I’m worried he might think he can get the best out of, when in reality these players just need shipping out.

Winks as like 6th choice in a system that plays a midfield 3 would be ok as he's homegrown.

Benta, Skipp, Bissouma starting

Hojberg, Sarrz Winks

Ndombele off the books and Dier, Sanchez Lenglet leaving should allow us to spend to get 2 new CBs in to partner and compete with Romero and then a backup keeper

Then if Son and Kane leave we will need to spend big to replace Son at least assuming Richy in taking Kane's place but will need cover for him also

I'd argue it was those players that let him down and he'd want them gone.

So tehTrunk tehTrunk got a AI bot to write poch's first speech after being re appointed. AI is going to put is all in the bin.

Far too generic, and says we have a strong squad..Poch Out!

Now this is what the chatbot generated for me.

"Ladies and gentlemen, it's your favorite manager, Pochettino, back where I belong! Yes, I've returned to Tottenham, and no, I'm not sorry for leaving PSG. It was a nice vacation, but it wasn't quite Tottenham.

Now, I know many of you are curious about why I'm back. Well, let me tell you, it wasn't because of the big bucks Danny Boy offered me. And speaking of Danny Boy, let's give him a round of applause for managing to keep Tottenham afloat for so long. Seriously, it's not easy to run a football club, especially one that hasn't won a trophy in years. But don't worry, Danny Boy, I'm here to fix that. You can go back to counting your money and let me handle the rest.

So, let's get ready to rumble, Tottenham! We're going to make our opponents look like amateur hour, and we're going to do it with style. And if we don't win, well, at least we'll look good doing it.

That's all from me for now. Let's go out there and make Danny Boy regret ever letting me leave in the first place! COYS!"

I may have told the bot to make poch mock levy a little bit. It knew about PSG, it understands levy's love of money and our failure of winning things with him, and also finished with COYS..quite impressive

Last edited:
I've always wanted him back but I've now added a caveat...

...he has to tell us what Mike Dean said that made everyone kick off first!

Hell yeh.... Someone should tap him up on twitter or whatever-the-fuck and ask him........ Dean's retired now so he'll have to suck it up with no PGMOL to protect his weasely little ass!

Back
Top Bottom