Return of the Poch

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

would you welcome poch back

• yes

Votes: 189 72.1%
  • no

Votes: 73 27.9%

• Total voters
If it wasn’t for Poch, we would have never been able to attract the likes of Jose Mourinho and Antonio Conte. He turned Spurs into a regular Champions League qualifier and elevated the status of the club. Levy failed to properly back him and Poch was right about a painful rebuild after the CL Final.

The lot of you need reminding that Poch wasn’t that flawless saint that took the club forward with both hands tied behind his back. He kept playing the same shit players over and over and his diamond formation was just as shit as this 3 CBs we’re using nowadays. He was also helped by City and Liverpool being in a rebuild process, once Guardiola and Klopp started the transformation of their respective teams, we couldn’t compete anymore.

But hey, it’s fine, Saint Mauricio will save us all.

Well, there is this small fact that we got to CL final.
Antoio Conte has not won A SINGLE CL PLAY-OFF GAME IN 10 YEARS (!) take that in ...

Right now Chelsea is in utter mess, Liverpool is going through the changes. And despite that Conte cannot compete with his total shit-football; we will lose in Anfield if this cancer stays within the system and we'll end up in 5th place. So Poch might have not compete with all sides in full swing, but Conte cannot compete even when they are not.

We have had 3 important games.
And we have scored 0 goals in those. But make no fucking mistake, he will still start Son and Kulu in next game as well. Despite that, I don't make any illusions - you will be still sucking up to him even after that...

I don’t think he is the answer, however I think he will be a lot better than what we have and we might just be able to enjoy football again, I’ll take that!

But make no fucking mistake, he will still start Son and Kulu in next game as well. Despite that, I don't make any illusions - you will be still sucking up to him even after that...
I’m not sucking up to anyone you obsessed twat. This is a Poch thread and I was talking about him, not Conte. You made it about Conte, he probably lives rent free in your peanut brain.

The lot of you need reminding that Poch wasn’t that flawless saint that took the club forward with both hands tied behind his back. He kept playing the same shit players over and over and his diamond formation was just as shit as this 3 CBs we’re using nowadays. He was also helped by City and Liverpool being in a rebuild process, once Guardiola and Klopp started the transformation of their respective teams, we couldn’t compete anymore.

But hey, it’s fine, Saint Mauricio will save us all.

No he’s not flawless. But for the most part the football we played under Poch was leagues ahead of this shite.

So we don’t need reminding of anything you pro-Putin punk. Shut up

No he’s not flawless. But for the most part the football we played under Poch was leagues ahead of this shite.

So we don’t need reminding of anything you pro-Putin punk. Shut up
Ok then I’m done here. I hope we get Poch and I’m sure you fucking mugs will be back here in 18 months crying how Poch doesn’t have a clue and he’s tactically rigid and all that garbage shit you’ve been spamming about the last managers we’ve had.

Ok then I’m done here. I hope we get Poch and I’m sure you fucking mugs will be back here in 18 months crying how Poch doesn’t have a clue and he’s tactically rigid and all that garbage shit you’ve been spamming about the last managers we’ve had.

Maybe we will, maybe we won't.

Still better than the shite we're seeing now.

Now go make me some tea.

I’m not sucking up to anyone you obsessed twat. This is a Poch thread and I was talking about him, not Conte. You made it about Conte, he probably lives rent free in your peanut brain.

Unfortunately this retarded idiot lives on full salary of my beloved club. I want to get him out of my mind and forget that such miserable idiot has ever lived.

I think that when we talk about future manager, current one is relevant topic and reference point. You yourself (in this same thread) implied like all of the issue would be on the players (freeing management from all the responsibilities), so it is more than justified to talk about Conte as reference point.

And that has been shit.
During same period of time Poch has won shitloads of games in CL play-off phase. But Cunty comes to whine about how Milan and Tottenham are not on the same level yada-yada-yada. So yes - I think Poch is way better option and way more of a man than Conte who is actively shitting on the club and dragging us down.

Can't believe fans don't see any alternatives to this guy, he's literally the person who started off this slide into irrelevance and now people want him back.

He had some good (if ultimately fruitless) seasons but it didn't end well on the account of him being a massive yes man who failed to get anything out of the board and Levy when his reputation was at its peak and only started making noises when we were declining only to get sacked.

I'm currently outside Hotspur Way. Just seen this heavily disguised Porsche drive straight through Security. Didn't even slow down.

33P65dh.png

I think that when we talk about future manager, current one is relevant topic and reference point. You yourself (in this same thread) implied like all of the issue would be on the players (freeing management from all the responsibilities), so it is more than justified to talk about Conte as reference point.
No, it’s down to Conte aswell. But I don’t think he’s the main problem, just like Mourinho wasn’t the main problem. We sacked Mourinho and we were all relieved he was gone and things were only going to improve. Then we stumbled and stumbled until we hired manager number 165 in our list, who was clearly out of his depth, but the happy clappers said we should back him and that he’s done well at Wolves bla bla. Then we hired another world class manager who is going through exactly the same shit as his predecessors. What makes you think that Poch won’t be the same? Just because he made us great once it doesn’t mean he will be able to do a second time. I preferred if Poch comes here when a proper structure’s set and he has the framework to succeed, not inherit some shit mess from Levy & co. and ruin his reputation like he did in his last 6 months at the club.

As for the players, most of them are not at the required level we want and think this club to be. You don’t believe it, that’s cool, keep overrating them. But you’ll come down crashing in the next months when the next manager will go through the same cycle as the previous three.

I think everyone here needs to blame the common denominator for our troubles over the last few years, a certain Mr Levy. His ambitions simply don't match those of the fans, it's as simple as that. Top 4 is all enic want, nothing more nothing less. Hence they can spend the bare minimum to achieve just that. Cups are a annoying aside to enic, they mean we need a bigger squad which costs more money. I'm sure if Levy had his way we'd withdraw from everything except the league and the CL.
But what is undisputable fact is that we were truly great for 3 seasons under Poch; regular CL qualification for 4 years, a CL final etc. Lauded by many as playing the best football in Europe, beating the top European sides routinely. Since he was sacked because he didn't have enough players to cope basically, we've gone massively downhill to where we are today, exiting the domestic cups to lower league or B teams. Scrabbling around to try and get top 4, and exiting Europe to a ropey league team.
We're now a shadow of that Poch team despite hiring two of the allegedly best managers in the business. But Daniel gives himself another bonus because the wonga keeps rolling in. Still the fans flock to the stadium and pay a small fortune on booze and food after chanting "Levy Out" after another turgid performance. Can anyone not see the hypocrisy in that?

Back
Top Bottom