Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I'm happy to give Sissoko a go....if the fans had our way, Bale and Kane would be probably be playing for Southend by now.

Walker and Rose should have been sold to Oldham.....in fact I'll drive them there myself...

VDV.....pointless and past it

Modric what does he do?

Lamela take out back and shoot

However, Coubally is the next Messi and Schniderlin is worth 40M and better than Dembele

Wanyama was pointless because we have Dier (who was total shit and should be sold to Wrexham)

Ahhh the fans

C4EakW6WMAAwEng.jpg

Been soaking up the media coverage this week. Really looking forward to Liverpool V Liverpool.
This could be the game that marks Klopp as a great manager, and leaves a huge question mark against Klopp's progress.
Can't wait for the commentary and ex Liverpool pundits extolling the Reds breathtaking football and bemoaning Liverpool's inability to win a big game.

Wonder who we've got tomorrow.

Evening all, long time reader, first-time poster.

Obviously, today's game was massively depressing to watch we lacked any urgency and it looked like the players just couldn't be asked. We made Liverpool look a lot better than they are. Personally, I would have gone for 5 at the back to give Davies some help with Mane and Clyne and then brought Son on later on as an impact sub.

I've been reading a lot today (mainly on Twitter) about our bench and also our lack of strength in depth...however people seem to forget that we have lost the best keeper in the league, lost the best defence in the league (individually and as a unit), lost the best striker in the league at various points across the season due to injury. We've also been without Dembele because of his suspension and Lamela has also been out for months. All of these injuries meant that the players were missing for several weeks, not just 1 or 2 games. Which other team in the league could take hits like that across the season and still be where we are? Liverpool lost Mane for I think 5 or 7 games, 1 player! Look how much they struggled!

Of course I'd love for Poch to turn around, look at his bench options and bring on a top player, however, unfortunately, we're not 'there yet' there are several clubs in this league that can outbid / out pay us and it will be like that until we are up and running in the new stadium.

I love what our manager has done for us since he took over and I can't wait to see how far he takes us once we are at our new home and we can afford to spend more on transfer fees and wages.

Apologies for the long post.

COYS.

I felt Dembele was quite good, probably our best player today imo, but we were anxious and slow on the ball and didn't go forward too much. Well at least the last tough game of the season out of the way. We move forward and hope Chelsea will go through a blip, starting tomorrow at Burnley. There's still a lot to be played and I refuse to stop believing. COYS!

We need to forget about the title. Providing Chelsea win tomorrow it's a 12 point gap, they aren't going to lose 4 games again.

Our focus now is a top 4 position and a strong performance in the FA Cup. I'd take finishing in the top 4 and winning the FA Cup happily. Coming second to a Chelsea team of the quality they are showing is no shame.

Would love for us to not get too over excited here. We done so when heading into the game at Old Trafford and we did so going into the game at the Etihad and we got a combined 1 point from those games. Liverpool RAISE their games against the top clubs.

Klopp's record against those in the top 6 in all competitions:
Played: 19
Won: 8
Drawn: 10
Lost: 1

Pochettino's record AWAY at the top 6 in all competitions:
Played: 15
Won: 1
Drawn: 6
Lost: 8

I think if we just play our game, we CAN get a win - but I'm not going to be overly confident going into the game. Liverpool will be up for this as it's going to be their BIGGEST game of the season, they lose and they could potentially find themselves down to 6th place and just 3 points ahead of their rivals in Everton.

Its a shame about injuries to two of our back four but beyond that, I think we have more than enough to trouble them. I think Pochettino will go with:

Lloris
Walker - Dier - Alderweireld - Davies
Wanyama - Dembele
Eriksen - Dele - Son
Kane
Pretty much the same team that started at home to Middlesbrough - I don't see any feasible changes that could happen. I don't think it'd be the game for Sissoko, I doubt he's going to want to put Winks in away at Anfield when Dembele/Wanyama have formed a great partnership in the middle and would relish going up against Henderson/Can.

Should be a good one.

Bout time I posted something on here really...feel a bit grubby sat reading all the threads when I can't be bothered working!

Just wish I had something new to add - hate them, hate the arrogance, we should beat them easily, won't be that simple...

I want Janssen to come on, score the winner at the Kop end and rip the piss out of Sturridge's stupid dance in front of them all!

Need to step it up for this game.

Chelsea has a couple of easy fixtures and a draw here can be the nail in the coffin.

Think we had a good performance against Manure away but we lost our chances and gave away a silly goal. That can't happen neither the 1st half against City.

I don't like changing our team style but I think we have to for this one. More people in the middle with fast counter, having at the same time the ability to have some creativity in the middle.

If Rose is fit:

Lloris
Walker; Alderweireld; Dier; Wimmer; Rose
Wanyama, Dembele
Sissoko; Eriksen; Alli
Kane

Go in with the 12 player formation, I like it.

I love poch but this one was all on him for me.
Our team with rose, vertonghen and even lamela is one that can realistically go toe to toe with Liverpool and play them at their own game. However today we were without them, so he should have been a bit cannier. It would have been totally acceptable to go there and play defensively. Keep it tight. Look to at least leave with a draw so that we keep the same distance from one of our rivals. Maybe even nick a goal on the counter. This has been exactly how they've struggled in recent games. Instead we go there with half our first choice back four missing, eriksen and son in front who are never the sort of players to win physical battles (which we should have expected) and we play right into their hands.

Yes there were some poor individual errors/displays. But in this case I feel that was just a symptom of them not having the right shape or personnel to deal with Liverpool.

I'm all for the glory of the game but titles are often won by being smart. 0-0 at a field would have been totally acceptable for me.

Anyway onwards and upwards. On the positive side, its early feb and we just played our last game this season away at a top 6 rival and we only have to play two more of them at home. Confident we'll finish 4th

None of this 'they play better against the good teams' nonsense. When has football ever worked like that? Yes, I appreciate they caught a few teams earlier in the season, but they're shit now. Just get up there and play them off the park. The last thing they want to see is us streaming forward, and pulling their shite midfield this way and that.

2-0 to us if we don't fall for the hype.

I hate the way that Klopp gets away with behavior that other managers are punished for in any league (Mourinho and Wenger act the same way, but get none of the leeway, maybe because they don't wear hipster glasses and chuckle).

If Poch screamed in the ears of the refs, he'd get banned for multiple games. But it's ok for Klopp, because when he does it, it's just "passion".

Back
Top Bottom