Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Fucking hell. We lost one game. ONE. Off the back of a cracking run, and it was at Anfield where we traditionally struggle. The last time we had a poor performance like that and lost (away to United) we bounced back spectacularly...why cannot the same happen again. It's done, get over it, move on and support the club you miserable bunch of bumholes.

The bigger picture needs to lead to something ultimately. Just improving here and there whilst it may warm the heart at the time, will be bitter if it leads to nothing in the end.

Imo we have the best defence and keeper we've had all PL era. We cannot waste that, that defence has a league title in its capabilities. I do worry that Poch/Levy will leave us short in the coming seasons to realise that potential.

Who said what I was saying was merely related to this game, it was a general statement, negative views are lambasted on here far more than someone who's overly positive. It's great to be in February and only have 3 defeats, many other seasons we'd have 3 defeats in early September. Will ultimately mean little if we finish 5th or 6th
This is the best team I have watched in over 45yrs. I find that exciting, being called a title contender for the first time in my life is exciting and I love it! No single poor performance can take that feeling away from me.

No fucking way. Swansea duffed them up and scored 3 in the process. They are not the team we played earlier this season. Why are you so worried? They are terrible at the moment.
Chelsea also went there and only took a point away Joe
we did this overconfidence thing for utd away and man city away and it didn't quite work out , I am not saying we cant win , I just don't expect it , but good for you if your confident , lets hope we do it

I get this romantic idealism of not compromising your style, but I really wish we'd just sit back and hit them on the counter. We want the 3 points from this game, it's absolutely vital

Its not romanitic idealism, its playing to our stengths.

Would you advocate the same approach at WHL? With the exact same two lines ups?

A pitch is a pitch, and Anfield is a Library. You dont gain 9pts in a title race by sitting on your 18 yard box and shitting your pants from the likes of Firminho, Milner, Mane and Clyne.

If we want 3 points, then its vital to go and score goals, not park a bus and hope one of our hideous counter attacks works for once.

Last edited:
I genuinely thought with Poch we'd seen the last of these spineless gutless "spursy" performances of years gone by. How wrong I was. And how fucking shit do I feel tonight for allowing my hopes to be raised in the first place

Haven't you been following football long enough to know that you don't win every game??

Didn't you realise every club has bad days??

Get a grip

Last edited:
I think people need to get a bit of perspective from somewhere. Today we were shit. We approached the game wrong tactically. It was away to a team who we have a history of struggling against, who to their credit have yet to lose to a top six contender this season (which thankfully they make up for by losing to relegation fodder on a regular basis). It's right that we should be disappointed and talk about why this happened. BUT, we have only lost three games all season (all to top six sides) and we have played more of the tough fixtures than anyone else. We have an excellent manager and players coming back from injury. We're second place still. Those saying we are going to blow it based on this one game, saying we'll finish outside the top four need to stop melting and put stuff in perspective. It's fucking cringe, frankly.

Very poor today but Davies isn't Rose - we all know that. Just thought we could have done more to protect him, going in we all knew it would depend on Davies v Mane. Just a bad day at the office.

I went for a jog Post game. Put on talk shit radio while running , By the time I heard two "massive Liverpool fans" from London calling up to praise their team I felt proud again to be a Spurs man.

We lost. We Played shit. it's frustrating. But it happens. It's not the end of the world ( although I felt a bit like it was earlier ) but listening to them idiots cumming in their pants while they were driving home through Surrey changed my anger to pity, what utter Bellends

For me, what causes my anger most (Liverpool fans aside ) is the frustration of our players beating themselves. They are frankly better than that tripe tonight, as much as they are better than Newcastle etc. Something happens in their minds. I don't know what happens, it could actually be that they hype themselves up too much ahead of these games as much as they don't care, as I suspect they care very much.

But plenty of good sides have bad days, and Spurs are a good side with a good manager and set up, as it stands maybe they are not there at the very very top and maybe we won't ever be because sometimes it can easier to come up a little short for a group of players, that can happen more often than not and that's why some good team break up quickly.

But those questions and puzzles can't be solved by us, all we can really do is try to give what support we can and appreciate what we are and where we are, which is very much on the up overall and getting better, as tough as today is, 3 loses in 25 says a great deal more than losing 2-0 at a place where most teams lose.

As supporters we are not the self entitled cunts that support cheatski or Man Pooh. We are not the "victim" tools who live 300 miles away from their home ground like the tossers who called Talksport, we are not the pricks who want to sack Auntie Wenger because he delivers 20 years of unbroken success. And we are not the play thing of Chinese and Arab money men.

We are Tottenham and frankly what that means overall counts for more than an annual cluster fuck at Anfield, as painful as that was tonight. It's gone. It's done. They should be winning at home. Big deal. Get over yourself Klopp. Your failing overall, that's the bigger fact than one win tonight.

Onwards........Plenty of good times to come this season. 4 wins on the spin and things will look up. Klopp won't win FUCK all. Liverpool can Do one. They no longer mean anything in the grand scheme of things. They were the Chelsea of the 70's and 80's. Their fans can keep thinking this is your year. They only have the support they do due to how TV covered football in the 70's and 80's, it's laughable really.

For us I hope we see a bit of freshinging up in the next 3 games, a bit of rotation and come the next home game it might all feel a bit better.

Keep on loving the Spurs ( ok hate em a bit when they lose ) but remember thank god we aren't Liverpool fans !

Oh one PS. Thought Winks was excellent again when he came on. Hope he plays the next three games from the start. Guy deserves to.
Blatant 'I jog' post....

Maybe I do occasionally over react. But people disagreeing with this post ? Really? ...I suppose today's performance warrants a fucking party then does it?... you fucking sad losers.

But we aren't gooners John, there is something between Armageddon and heaven and that's where we sit, intelligent well rounded fans that take multiple seasons form when judgeing a situation

I always think that when I listen to 606 the Spurs fans always seem more intelligent more well rounded than other teams fans, wankers who only remember last 2 or 3 weeks

Today was very disappointing but not the end of world, we have 8 great games coming up

25 games, 3 defeats - all away against top 6 clubs, still in 2nd. Criticise by all means - it's not prohibited - but please less of the 'simply unacceptable' type of comment.

Even Barcelona have lost twice this season, in 3 fewer games. No wonder other fans call us entitled.

Liverpool is an wounded animal
9dacdf8e97ff2fc354c2e0e1d05c3aa9.jpg

Irrespective of any of your comments Sammy, on the day Sissoko is sold by the club - my guess is that you, I and every other Spurs fan will breathe a collective sigh of relief and we will all reflect on the waste of transfer funds. I'm also prepared to bet that he doesn't make either a profit or into the Spurs hall of fame.
I won't be relieved if he doesn't make it and we wasted 30M.
I'll be disappointed.
I've been wrong about every player in my post at some point. This regime has given me hope that anyone can come good, so here's hoping.

I think Sissoko has been fine when called upon. I'm not into waiting for every misplaced pass to sound the horns about what a big waste of money a player is.

I did that for 2 years with Lamela and ended up looking the cunt.
Gladly might I add, cos it means we got a player in the end.

Back
Top Bottom