Liverpool away - 11th Feb - 1730hrs kick off

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Were playing a liverpool side very low on confidence, we need to go out and try and dominate from the off work the ball out to walker as much as we can as he can cause milner all sorts of problems. I think sitting back is a really bad idea the more of the ball they have the more in confidence they will grow, imagine what us scoring an early goal will do to them mentally

Genuinely surprised when people are confident we'll go there and win.... it's still anfield... the minute I hear that stupid moany pre game song I start to shit myself....

Even went there once had the joy of seeing us lose 4-0 under Sherwood... kaboul back heeled an OG in the first 2 mins, God awful stuff.

Anyway., I truly truly hate this lot! I think the Rodgers era epitomised them when he got them into the CL (in the only time in the last 7/8 they actually managed to finish above us) Rodgers said 'it's good for the champions league and it's good for football to have Liverpool back with the elite where they belong' what!!!? Sorry?

He talked like the fans did, entitled fucks who think they've a right to success cause they were good in the 80s. Their ex players are all over our screens and radios spouting biased bile about their beloved Liverpool..

From Phil Thompson who doesn't even hide his overt bias and doesn't even watch his own game on soccer Saturday so he can focus on the Liverpool one! This is national TV! Not Liverpool TV.

Then there's guys like John Barnes he says shit like "Raheem Sterling should stay at Liverpool he's already at the best place for his development, where's better than the mighty Liverpool?!"

Oh I dont know John how about city!! CL football and wins the league cup final against who was it?! Oh yeah; the mighty reds!!

Then you've guys like Micky Quinn who just chants Liverpool chants on talksport admits to hating united, this is national radio!

Oh there there's the regular fans '5 times La' 'LFC exist to win trophies' etc do me a favour you entitled cunts and fuck off forever!

Please win tomo Spurs!!

I'd hate us to abandon our footballing principles like that , if we ever revert to parking the bus I'll be ashamed.
Well when we fail to win on Saturday you better not complain. Sides have given a clear blueprint to beat Liverpool and sides that win trophies wouldn't give a toss about abandoning our way for an odd game to get a result.
We've had 8 wins at Anfield, clearly our principles don't work at Anfield over a very long time period.

Sometimes pragmatism is more sensible than being true to your long held beliefs.
Liverpool don't at present have as much trouble playing sides who go at them, they actually don't mind it.

So why play into their hands merely to stay true to ourselves. Madness.

Apparently, we haven't won a single game against them since November of 2012:

FRs2mlZ.png

Sad as fuck stat.
Time to smash them for all those years.

I get this romantic idealism of not compromising your style, but I really wish we'd just sit back and hit them on the counter. We want the 3 points from this game, it's absolutely vital

I'll be in the kop for this one with 2 of my Liverpool supporting friends. They told me I have to celebrate every Liverpool goal though or fans around us will notice and cause trouble.
I'm sure that won't be an issue :pochohshit:

Well that was a shameful performance. Considering what was at stake, and the form of the opposition, it was a disgusting fucking shambles. Once again I feel sorry for our travelling fans.

Back
Top Bottom