Levy / €NIC. In or Out

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy / ENIC. In or Out

• Levy / ENIC. We want you to stay

• Levy / ENIC. Get out of our club

Results are only viewable after voting.
How the fuck is there 11 people who want these cunts still running the club
images

A Tweet from a thoughtful thread by Spooky.

Full respect to people actively and intelligently protesting.

I am surprised so many find it hard not to spend 100s to go watch us. It’s usually boring football & sleep inducing. I struggle to watch the whole match at home for free.

I don’t believe they have any ambition beyond finishing in the last CL spot. They gave Conte enough to maintain our position roughly, but not truly contend for the league or the CL.

Conte was supposedly assured he would be backed when he took the job. If he’s not being backed and the squad still is clearly not good enough - and it isn’t - then I wouldn’t blame him a bit for leaving.

It’s not Conte leaving that frightens me. It’s the prospect of trying to attract a top manager after that. Who would join up at Spurs knowing they’ll be asked to deliver results on a shoestring budget? Even if they are promised backing, Conte was promised too and didn’t get it. Why would anyone believe Levy and Co. - would you work somewhere like this?

The only sort of manager you’ll attract to a job under those conditions is someone like Nuno, would would never get a chance at a big club otherwise. Unless you are a proven champion you don’t get second chances at this level. Why waste your one chance on Levy being true to his word?

I don’t believe they have any ambition beyond finishing in the last CL spot. They gave Conte enough to maintain our position roughly, but not truly contend for the league or the CL.

Conte was supposedly assured he would be backed when he took the job. If he’s not being backed and the squad still is clearly not good enough - and it isn’t - then I wouldn’t blame him a bit for leaving.

It’s not Conte leaving that frightens me. It’s the prospect of trying to attract a top manager after that. Who would join up at Spurs knowing they’ll be asked to deliver results on a shoestring budget? Even if they are promised backing, Conte was promised too and didn’t get it. Why would anyone believe Levy and Co. - would you work somewhere like this?

The only sort of manager you’ll attract to a job under those conditions is someone like Nuno, would would never get a chance at a big club otherwise. Unless you are a proven champion you don’t get second chances at this level. Why waste your one chance on Levy being true to his word?
The football world is running out of managers, who would, trust the words of Daniel levy, the man is a false prophet ( or should I say profit)

I would choose a “does it matter?” option.

Unless a country comes in and buys us, it won’t make a difference. We can’t keep up with the UAE and the two Saudi funded teams (Newcastle and Chelsea) unless we get our own sugar daddies that probably have humans rights issues. Is that what people want?
Genuine question to anyone. Are Arsenals owners sugar daddies?

The football world is running out of managers, who would, trust the words of Daniel levy, the man is a false prophet ( or should I say profit)
A reputation is the hardest thing on earth to change. I don’t believe Levy will again attract a top quality manager if he can’t retain Conte. This is why if Conte goes, Levy must go as well.

I'd rather they left at this stage. Levy has secured his legacy with the stadium etc. It's a good legacy in its own concrete/glass way. But the vision they had when first deciding to build it has only extended so far to events hosted within it. They have seriously lacked proper planning when it comes to the very thing that should be at the centre of it all: the football club. Veering from manager to manager; weird decisions that are never qualified to us plebs = one low rung trophy in over two decades. Not good.

Time to move on.

I thought you were talking about Joe Lewis for a minute here.

Joe Lewis is one nasty evil greedy git. It is a sign of the times that evil billionaires have lots of working class/poor fans who support them & defend them & get mad at people who dare criticise them. Of all the types of people to defend & support. I despair!

You and others are outing yourselves as extremely simple people. Little impulsive balls of emotion. That’s fine for dealing with a football match but leave the complex issues to people who use their brains.

Sorry if that’s condescending but your reactions are so dumb it’s embarrassing.
It's not condescending; it's a misfired attempt at superiority that ends up landing smack bang in the middle of laughable arrogance.

Picking Conte and Jose is saying we want success now at the expanse of long term vision, Levy is being restless not the fans and thus the expectations are set.

Redknapp for a few years and Poch for a few years everyone was happy and we didn’t win thophies. The football was good and we where growing. ENIC have created their own mess, they could have hired Ten Hag after Jose and Nuno and his great style of football and approach would be something we could get behind. He didn’t he made his bed, he needs to lie in it.
Hard to say it's Levy being restless when every time we need a new manager the rhetoric from the fans is "this is Levy's last throw of the dice" and the mood gets more and more mutinous.

Levy is all about slow, steady, sustainable growth.

Back
Top Bottom