Levy / €NIC. In or Out

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy / ENIC. In or Out

• Levy / ENIC. We want you to stay

• Levy / ENIC. Get out of our club

Results are only viewable after voting.
Lets see if they will support Conte properly. We've won absolutely nothing under Enic. The stadium is ready, and more money should be coming in, if this doesnt lead to spending when needed( and its really badly needed right now) then they should really do the decent thing and go.

I would choose a “does it matter?” option.

Unless a country comes in and buys us, it won’t make a difference. We can’t keep up with the UAE and the two Saudi funded teams (Newcastle and Chelsea) unless we get our own sugar daddies that probably have humans rights issues. Is that what people want?
Chelsea is Saudi funded?

You're not promoting your side of the argument very well at all with this kind of post, mate. Even those on your side of the debate are probably embarrassed by it
Yawn. It was strong but when people seriously say things like « the only sign of progress in a team is trophies won » or consistently fail to engage with facts (like you) then it’s just a bunch of tedious people shouting on the internet. It has no legitimacy and it won’t accomplish anything.

You and I both know that your poll achieves nothing except getting some people on the internet riled up. But that seems to be all you live for on here. You have no personality except anti Levy.

Who does everyone agree the good owners are?

The Saudis? Abu dabhi, abramovic?

The oil spores washers is it?
Ratcliffe. That's my ideal choice (not a great one either but better than Oil Sports Washers).

You and I both know that your poll achieves nothing except getting some people on the internet riled up. But that seems to be all you live for on here. You have no personality except anti LeLevy.
I think your persistent apologies for and defence of Levy / ENIC are riling up far more people than this poll right now.

We’ve made the CL 4 times since they last did and they have 2 8th place finishes in that time.

I imagine a fan of your caliber would have wanted their ownership out years ago.

Woolwich fans did make a stink (for ages) to the point where the club had to change direction and spent more.

Btw you're not a better fan because you shut up and don't complain about the ownership. Real fans want the best for their club. The owners are just custodians, not the club itself. Being passionate about Levy/ENIC out isn't being a bad fan.

Levy is all about slow, steady, sustainable growth.
grass grow GIF

You talk utter bollocks. It's the only thing that us as fans want. We dont even play attractive football and the ticket prices are ridiculous for the turgid shit we have to sit through. Its fans like you who accept this that are part of the problem

Barack Obama Applause GIF by Obama

This progress you talk of, exactly what is it that ENIC have done well? With the amount of money coming into the league/club and us having one of the largest fan bases, we could actually conclude that anyone who owned us over the last 20+ years could have quite easily done the same. And who’s to say they wouldn’t have done better with building an actual team to be proud of? I’m sick of watching Levy and co doing half hearted shit with the main thing with this club and that’s building a successful football team not a profit making business for his bank accounts!!
I doubt there's another ownership group, outside of the financially doped, that could have delivered what ENIC has in terms of our infrastructure, so on that front, they've been successful.

However, whilst they have taken us from relegation flirters, with virtually zero exposure outside of England, to one of the ten biggest clubs in World Football, they haven't delivered the kind of success that ONLY matters to fans.

I've been a staunch defender of Levy and how he has been the reason why we have flirted with success rather than relegation, I'm also getting to the point where it seems as though a change may be what we need, particularly if he/they are not prepared to gamble just a little.

I can understand, to an extent, why they are so reticent in pushing the boat out. We may have significantly more income now, but we are in competition with at least 4 clubs who can significantly outspend us in both transfer fees and wages. If we were to spend say £200M on players, they'd go out and spend £300M. They're totally ambivalent towards FFP, because they just buy their way out of it or have a battalion of Lawyers stomp all over UEFA, FIFA and the Prem.

Having said all of this, the situation at Chelsea has shown that there are plenty of parties out there willing to spend Billions on buying a club, then put hundreds of millions into buying players, so it's not like there isn't the possibility that we could have a buyer.

I'm cynical about who would buy us though. It would be just our luck to end up with an owner, or owners, who would look at the money the club makes and would do exactly what the Glazers did at Utd. You complain about Levy's wage, well that would be dwarfed by the amount of money that would exit the club in dividends if we got owners like the Glazers.

It's a difficult one, and not nearly as clear cut as some of you have convinced yourselves it is.

The old adage holds true here, be careful what you wish for...

Sherwood to be fair was a temp and was much better than AVB, we at least tried to attack, he did his role well other than the ego trips in the media. Rest are fucked to be fair.

Conte is great with the right squad but only Jol, Redknapp and Poch have truly been enjoyable.

Hoddle?

Ossie?

I enjoyed both before the turgid shite of Gross Graham Santini etc

Btw you're not a better fan because you shut up and don't complain about the ownership. Real fans want the best for their club. The owners are just custodians, not the club itself. Being passionate about Levy/ENIC out isn't being a bad fan.
They're a sanctimonious bunch aren't they

Levy out at the darts - priceless
Facts about spurs spending in the last year - worthless

You really need to see how much we've spent net in the last 10 or 20 years compared to others.

Questions about failing to spend during several windows and then some of the spending that has occurred....

At some point people surely have to realise the immutable truth that the one single thing in common throughout this period has been uncle festers little brother.

Hard to say it's Levy being restless when every time we need a new manager the rhetoric from the fans is "this is Levy's last throw of the dice" and the mood gets more and more mutinous.

Levy is all about slow, steady, sustainable growth.
Slow and steady wins the race , our days as a triumphant tortoise are coming . Let’s see now the reality , over the last few years the various hares have fallen asleep , but let’s just take this season. City, Liverpool , Chelsea and United have all decided to take a kip , but 23 years is too fast a pace for our particular tortoise to take advantage. Instead slow and steady Dan has overseen us book into the travel lodge and put the do not disturb sign on the door . Four big teams not performing to the max and we are snoring away dreaming of Adele doing a 3 night stand at our stadium

Bunch?

Do you think there are multiple people on that one account, or are you just using it as a vehicle to have a pop at anyone who doesn't share your view?

I've seen a good deal more "sanctimonious" attacks on others from the "Levy out" brigade.

He's probably referring to the amount of Levy/ENIC in posters who make out they're better fans because they support the board and that the ENIC out lot are stupid/naive/spoiled. And yes, you can see examples of that all in this very thread.

He's probably referring to the amount of Levy/ENIC in posters who make out they're better fans because they support the board and that the ENIC out lot are stupid/naive/spoiled. And yes, you can see examples of that all in this very thread.
Well having read the entire thread, I've seen no evidence of "posters" (plural) making out they're better fans.

Unless, of course, you subscribe to the idea that there are a group of posters sharing the one account.

Back
Top Bottom