Levy / €NIC. In or Out

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy / ENIC. In or Out

• Levy / ENIC. We want you to stay

• Levy / ENIC. Get out of our club

Results are only viewable after voting.
For big clubs, yes ....
For piss ant teams no, e.g west ham should be ecstatic about qualifying for Europe as a huge success....we are not West Ham
This is my response… we’re not West Ham but we’re not a huge club either. That’s true historically too I’m afraid.
It’s baffling to me how much you underestimate the effect that corrupt sports washing money has influenced the game.

Since Pochettino 2nd season when we were realistically in the hunt for trophies….

PL + FA cup + League Cup
Man City - 4 + 1 + 5 = 10
Chelsea - 1 + 1 + + 1 = 3
Liverpool - 1 + 1 + 1 = 3
Woolwich - 0 + 3 + 0 = 3
Leicester - 1 + 1 + 0 = 2
Manchester United- 0 + 1 + 0 = 2

Almost half of domestic competitions won by one team. 62% by sports washers. The remaining won mostly by teams far wealthier and more popular than us. Leicester are the only exception to that.

A team trying to grow through their own efforts will not be able to compete fairly with teams for whom money is no object. It is naive to think otherwise (and most out of kilter with your other political views).

This is my response… we’re not West Ham but we’re not a huge club either. That’s true historically too I’m afraid.
Can’t believe responses I’ve had to this over the past few weeks when I’ve said we weren’t on the trophy trail every season until ENIC.

But at least we had hope in the nineties they say. Did we? The only hope we had was not to be relegated again.

Can’t believe responses I’ve had to this over the past few weeks when I’ve said we weren’t on the trophy trail every season until ENIC.

But at least we had hope in the nineties they say. Did we? The only hope we had was not to be relegated again.
Also, any hope came from a far more egalitarian league. Greater wealth in the league has led to greater inequalities. In the 80s the league was a balloon which hadn’t been inflated. The dots were all close together even if some teams were bigger than others.

Increased money through the PL has led to that balloon being blown up and every team is further away from each other; progress is harder to secure.

If the PL had been established 10 years earlier then Man Utd were nowhere and it might be Tottenham who were best placed to take advantage. The influx of money doesn’t care where it ends up but it does begin to entrench advantages.

Our more emotional posters ignore all that.

Is this eventually going to be the poll that works out for Mr Not One Brick? I’m unsure if I can stand the tension.

Think you have it in the bag this time. Most people who think you are just a peddler of lies and shite have you on ignore, so won’t see the poll. Clever long game you’ve played there. Be an insufferable cunt for years and you’ll eventually win a poll due to people being unable to vote against you.

Maybe would have been best to wait until after the NLD as we may have lost that and more folk would be upset? You’ve gone early here, bold strategy….
To any newcomers on the forum, I'm not one of this guys favourite posters

:harryhmm:

Really..man city's supporters care about the titles.
So it's just the other supporters who are jealous who say they are tainted or don't matter
Yes Man City supporters are happy, at least most are.

But widespread respect? I don't think so. Not like the respect afforded to Fergie's Man Utd or even Klopp's recent title. The view is generally that they've bought the titles.

I would choose a “does it matter?” option.

Unless a country comes in and buys us, it won’t make a difference. We can’t keep up with the UAE and the two Saudi funded teams (Newcastle and Chelsea) unless we get our own sugar daddies that probably have humans rights issues. Is that what people want?

I would choose a “does it matter?” option.

Unless a country comes in and buys us, it won’t make a difference. We can’t keep up with the UAE and the two Saudi funded teams (Newcastle and Chelsea) unless we get our own sugar daddies that probably have humans rights issues. Is that what people want?

What about if owners come in who actually know how to run the football side of a football club?

The only way to measure progress for a football club is the number of trophies won?

If that’s your worldview then let’s not start this conversation.

It’s a pretty good yardstick

Winning things

Preferably by playing good attractive football as in the Billy Nic days but I’ll settle for winning anything worthwhile by playing shite

Playing shite and not winning anything worthwhile is unacceptable for a club like ours!

John Thomas John Thomas Genius thread to essentially create an apologists list!

monty-python-and-the-holy-grail-head-smack.gif

What to bully and castigate people with opposing views? It’s a forum. Sometimes I’d like to hear JT’s view on a player or tactic or formation or just anything that isn’t about Enic for once

He’s a noted expert on Madagascar crop rotation!

:bow::bow:

It’s a pretty good yardstick

Winning things

Preferably by playing good attractive football as in the Billy Nic days but I’ll settle for winning this NHS by playing shite

Playing shite and not winning anything worthwhile is unacceptable for a club like ours!
We were the 4th most decorated club in English Football when ENIC got their mitts on us.
First Post war double winners
First European trophy winners
Transfer market record breakers.

For him to say we're not historically a huge club is a bit demeaning tbh.

We are Tottenham Hotspur ffs

:smesh:

Back
Top Bottom