Levy / €NIC. In or Out

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy / ENIC. In or Out

• Levy / ENIC. We want you to stay

• Levy / ENIC. Get out of our club

Results are only viewable after voting.
Give them a chance ffs

I have a feeling that the 22nd year will be the one where they really hit their stride

Typical impatient and spoilt spurs fans

Their plans on the pitch make little sense, keep hiring cheque book managers but we don’t have the squad for them. I have not seen any true vision for the club in the same way Liverpool have shown or Woolwich, these are not oil giants like City.

We didn’t need the new stadium to hire someone like Ten Hag or Potter as coach buying up and coming players while the chairman has zero involvement of who comes and goes other than signing the cheques.

Conte and dare I say Paratici feel like short term appointments until the next opportunistic moment like a teenager moving on to his/her next crush. The running of the club as an actual football club feels stale, out of ideas, flat and done. Maybe Conte wants a long term project but it would surprise me.

The off the field is fine, stadium and training ground are done, financing fixed long term. They have set up the club well for a new owner who has ambition on the football pitch hence why now would be a great time to hand over. The club needs new energy and vision, it’s stale as fuck. We are in an entertainment business and we are the most boring people around. If ENIC/Levy was a footballer manager they would be AVB, won’t get you relegated but won’t inspire anything.

Woolwich fans having a party and taking the piss.

Probably win the league as our disgusting trophy drought continues. And some fans seemingly content with the status quo.

What the fuck is the matter with you guys

The Doherty thing is an indefensible farce. No doubt about that. Assuming the reporting of loan then release is correct. And I’ve no reason to doubt that.

Additionally, a very underwhelming window not helping either.

Not sure either of us remember what was said 8 or 9 years ago, but yes, I’m always inclined towards the positive in a situation. I have to believe that the promises made about investment after the stadium opened are still going to be delivered upon. Understanding that the revenue doesn’t arrive on day one. That’s why I pulled four windows out my arse. Summer had better be a belter though.

Problem is, this isn't new. Its been a couple of decades of poor judgement. As you well know. We can argue infrastructure. And maybe you would win. Although where have our youth come from? Last in the first team was Tanganga and Winks and they were there before the new academy was built. Villa and leeds beat us on that narrative. Let alone city, liverpool, chelsea and Scum.

But player acquisitions and, well i don't even need to argue.

Failure after failure.

Its true I dint have a golden folder. I cant quite remember verbatim what you said. But you my friend have always been a lets wait and see , maybe teflon has a plan kind of guy.

This isn’t a dig. You’re as Spurs as anyone and just want the team to win. Christ. Youre more spurs than me. I checked out 3 years ago.

But I hate that folks think hes going to change. Its battered wife syndrome. Worse than Stockholm syndrome even.

Even if he did splash the cash I have no confidence from 22 years of observance he CAN change.

Frankly id be gutted we do get 400 million from Qatar with a secondary share option and teflon gets to spend it.

You say we couldn’t realised money straight away from the stadium, but we could have. Even at a cut price 250m naming rights after covid we could have given that to Poch and say rebuild.

Guy is clueless at football. Its as plain as the battered mars bar you eat for tea.

Last edited:
Can we stop comparing the amount we are spending to Chelsea, Liverpool, Arse, Man Utd, Newcastle etc.

And just focus on the fact that we have giant holes in both the first 11 and squad that needed filling.

Does anybody disagree that we need a couple of CB's, a longterm backup to Hugo, some kind of creative outlet in the middle of the park who can supply the front 3 (I'll just call it the Eriksen role for ease) and a LWB to replace Sess because we know Perisic can't play every week and isn't suited against certain opposition.

So while Porro on paper was a good transfer that fixed an issue, an Danjuma is hopefully an upgrade on Gil.

We didn't really address too many issues did we?

I always see people saying that we will tackle these issues in the summer, but what about this season? Are you writing off this season? or do you think we can win a trophy with the aformentioned holes?

I just don't understand the mentality of some people. We pay the most for tickets in the UK, which probably also means in the world, we are in the top 10 richest clubs.

This window we've done 2 loan deals and shipped 3 out. Please somebody make the pro ENIC position make some fucking sense to me if you can.

I love the way ENIC out supporters have 0 plan for what a post-ENIC club might look like, zero conditions attached… just frustration and misplaced vitriol.
Your not a spurs fan, your just some idiot whose opinion is neither asked for or wanted. So do us all a favour and go back under that rock you crawled out of. Today is not the day for your turgid and unyielding mumblings about how wonderful levy and enic are.

I think almost all fans would be excited by new ownership (me included), but don’t let the strength of your feeling blind you to the fact that there would be a real possibility of new owners being worse.
Aaah, the old "be careful what you wish for", the eternal fallback of the unambitious. Don't take that new job, you may not like it, don't buy that house, it might fall down.

Don't sign that player, he might turn out shit, don't bring in that manager, he could be worse than the last one.

Me, I'm going to carefully wish for owners whose primary concern is making us a successful football club where it most matters, on the pitch.

Just thinking things through and asked myself these questions

1.Do i enjoy the way we play football at the moment?- No
2. Do i think we will win something this year? - No.
3. Am i confindent that we are moving forward as a club& team? - No
4.Have beigals been reintroduced in the ground matchday? - No
5. Do i enjoy the match day drink pre/post game in the pubs with my mates? - Yes

Out of all them,the only positive is the only one that has nothing to do with ENIC.

Make of that what you will.

Last edited:
I voted ENIC out.

My reasoning for this is because I think they’ve taken the club as far as they can, and can’t see them levelling enough money to take us that final and most difficult step - to win things and consistently compete for the title.

There’s no doubt they’ve done a lot of good - certainly put us in a much better position on and off the pitch from when they took over.

But it’s clear that they can’t/don’t want to take that next step.

Back
Top Bottom