Levy / €NIC. In or Out

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Levy / ENIC. In or Out

• Levy / ENIC. We want you to stay

• Levy / ENIC. Get out of our club

Results are only viewable after voting.
Here. The whole thing is relevant but especially the bit in bold. Read what he is saying without imposing your own thoughts.

Like I said, delusional. Doesn't stand up to a single bit of scrutiny.

You want to take it at face value (despite everything Conte has said/done in the past screaming at you not to) because it suits what you like to believe. But everything about the man and how he operates says it's just a way to put pressure on the board.

Like I said, delusional. Doesn't stand up to a single bit of scrutiny.

You want to take it at face value (despite everything Conte has said/done in the past screaming at you not to) because it suits what you like to believe. But everything about the man and how he operates says it's just a way to put pressure on the board.
Confirmation bias and sadly reflective of your mindset.

If Conte says something I like then I’ll latch onto it but if he says something that goes against my world view then I will reject it. Do you not get cognitive dissonance?

About as silly as saying progress is only measured in trophies. That is what I was responding to.

If you think that is the only way to measure progress then there’s no discussion to be had. I think you’re smarter than that, despite your dogma.
This progress you talk of, exactly what is it that ENIC have done well? With the amount of money coming into the league/club and us having one of the largest fan bases, we could actually conclude that anyone who owned us over the last 20+ years could have quite easily done the same. And who’s to say they wouldn’t have done better with building an actual team to be proud of? I’m sick of watching Levy and co doing half hearted shit with the main thing with this club and that’s building a successful football team not a profit making business for his bank accounts!!

Confirmation bias and sadly reflective of your mindset.

If Conte says something I like then I’ll latch onto it but if he says something that goes against my world view then I will reject it. Do you not get cognitive dissonance?

Yes, you're a prime example of it.

Man who has never been a project manager & falls out with every board he's ever had over funds suddenly becomes a patient project manager happy to stay at a club where, in his words, the peak is 5th and you sign players for 10 million.

There's no way you believe it. You're not that stupid. He also said he was happy with the performance vs Villa, do you believe him? Do you think every word football managers say in the press should be taken at face value? Are you truly that naive? So many questions.

HE HAS 6 MONTHS LEFT. HE DOES NOT CARE ABOUT BEING PATIENT. WAKE UP.

Better question is which of those managers should we have never hired in the first place ?

Mourinho
AVB
Nuno
Sherwood
Mason
Arguably Conte ( doesnt fit the club strategy)

Off the top of my head

Sherwood to be fair was a temp and was much better than AVB, we at least tried to attack, he did his role well other than the ego trips in the media. Rest are fucked to be fair.

Conte is great with the right squad but only Jol, Redknapp and Poch have truly been enjoyable.

And that’s another thing how the fuck have we hired some of the most boring managers style wise in history. AVB, Jose and Nuno, Jesus Christ what where we thinking.

Boring boring Tottenham Hotspur!

Our history has always been to entertain, how did we leave our history and brand so badly.

I suspect there are a few regulars waiting for the right moment to join the thread.

Jon Lovitz Creeper GIF

You and others are outing yourselves as extremely simple people. Little impulsive balls of emotion. That’s fine for dealing with a football match but leave the complex issues to people who use their brains.

Sorry if that’s condescending but your reactions are so dumb it’s embarrassing.
You're not promoting your side of the argument very well at all with this kind of post, mate. Even those on your side of the debate are probably embarrassed by it

Well, it's been some time since a well known member posted an opportunist poll on the matter. Just after Antonio Conte miraculously dragged his rag-tag of a squad into the Champions League at our bitter rivals expense.

I think around 80% were understandably living in the moment and voted IN, but it will be interesting to see how, if at all, opinion has shifted in the intervening months.
Is there an out out option

This one is easy enough. Out (not that it will happen). I respect the accomplishment the stadium and business enterprises represent but I think there is something fundamentally off about ENIC's way of doing football business that goes beyond what we will ever have a chance to understand. Mourinho actually alluded to that in an interview a few weeks before being let go, but didn't say specifically what the issue was. If I had to guess I don't think Levy much enjoys football so much as he does the business side of things. It is very much akin to how some NFL owners run their franchises. They know once they get the big stadium project through that the revenue stream is secure and that extra money put into pushing the team to the top is just lost profit. Lastly, I can't reconcile how we got from the point where Levy was pledging to reconnect with the "Spurs DNA" and then has made two hires (Nuno and Conte), along with locking in Paratici, that seem to reflect the exact opposite style.

Better question is which of those managers should we have never hired in the first place ?

Mourinho
AVB
Nuno
Sherwood
Mason
Arguably Conte ( doesnt fit the club strategy)

Off the top of my head
Fair response. if you discount the obvious caretaker managers. The others legitimately did well elsewhere before coming to us so they had a pedigree.

Whoever ENIC appoint, they are wrong. If they pick young, up-and-coming managers, then ENIC lack ambition. They hire the most respected manager in the world, then they are not fitting the club strategy.

I don't think it' a surprise we're lately getting the Mourinho/Conte types. The natives are restless and don't want to another manager with a 3 year plan.

Last edited:
Fair response. if you discount the obvious caretaker managers. The others legitimately did well elsewhere before coming to us so they had a pedigree.

Whoever ENIC appoint, they are wrong. If they pick young, up-and-coming managers, then ENIC lack ambition. They hire the most respected manager in the world, then they are fitting the club strategy.

I don't think it' a surprise we're lately getting the Mourinho/Conte types. The natives are restless and don't want to another manager with a 3 year plan.

Picking Conte and Jose is saying we want success now at the expanse of long term vision, Levy is being restless not the fans and thus the expectations are set.

Redknapp for a few years and Poch for a few years everyone was happy and we didn’t win thophies. The football was good and we where growing. ENIC have created their own mess, they could have hired Ten Hag after Jose and Nuno and his great style of football and approach would be something we could get behind. He didn’t he made his bed, he needs to lie in it.

Whoever ENIC appoint, they are wrong. If they pick young, up-and-coming managers, then ENIC lack ambition. They hire the most respected manager in the world, then they are fitting the club strategy.

They have never done this. Jose was so far from being the most respected manager in the world by the time he rocked up at us .. that's why he rocked up at us. Ditto Conte, he'd just thrown a strop at Inter, teams weren't lining up to hire them.

As for blaming the fans or w/e, lol. Woolwich fans are and were way more restless than us yet stuck by Arteta for years .. it's nothing to do with the supporters, it's Levy's vision/ego.

If you hire Conti you have to back him properly. That means giving him the funds to get the players he wants. Enic and Levy do not do this ever. You can say its Paratici's job but Levy has the final say. Also it's obvious Spence was not wanted by Conti, this smacks of board interference.
Levy is forever trying to hoodwink the fan base with these big managerial appointments, knowing full well it's going to end the same way for every manager that comes here.

what does it matter if everyone wants them out anyway? they are only going when someone gives them what they want for the club. thats not happening is it.
You have to speak out about evil dictators even if you can’t remove them & their reign of dier & terror! :dier:

Really..man city's supporters care about the titles.
So it's just the other supporters who are jealous who say they are tainted or don't matter
Newcastle fans are hating their rise at the moment. All they can think about is other fans saying it’s all tainted. :contefacepalm:

Back
Top Bottom