Burnley (H) - Friday 5th January 8pm - FA Cup Journey Begins...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’ve noticed that PEH passes the ball fwd more than before - I’m sure they work on it and are coached etc but not easy to retrain 20 years of prior decisions
Think he plays good longer balls out wide. Skipp doesn’t make any sort of forward incisive pass.

I thought we played ok - totally bossed a team that’ were a dodgy last minute penalty away from getting a draw with 10 men at villa last week - cos it’s lowly Burnley we were expected to roll them over 5-0 despite son Maddison biss sarr romero missing with vdv an unused sub
Front 3 could/should have done better but a solid enough performance and fully deserved win
We were flat but still beat an organised relegation-threatened side, even though it took a golazo from a defender in the 78th minute.

Which was exactly the scenario at the Bernabéu on Wednesday when Madrid huffed and puffed to beat lowly Mallorca.

This sort of stuff happens every week, it's daft to draw drastic conclusions.

Other teams play bad and win it’s a sign of buy in and great mentality. We do it some fans melt
If you recall we said the same last season under conte where we basically played crap for the first 10 games but got decent number of points. Everyone said wait till it clicks. Well fell off a wagon after as there was no click bcos that was as good as we could play under wiggy. Hopefully it’s not the same this time especially since we have quality to come back.

No they didn’t switch! Only when Gio went off and Kulu moved to his position you may have seen both on the sane side. For the most part bj played left and Kulu right.lets take a vote on it. We did not keep width we kept going inside as there was no one outside. Sometime we went wide but we never tried to get behind them in wide areas. Yes wanted youth but at 1-0 I just thought may a tad risky.
Say you didn't watch the game, without saying you didn't watch the game...

I'm tired of hearing about rebuilds. But even by my standards, some people are hard on some players. Johnson, first season, playing on both wings, just needs a bit more time. Richie is playing well and just needs to work on the finished product. Even Udogie and Porro need to refine their play.

We bought players that are young, have potential but aren't the finish product. Give them some time.
Well said.

Also people want us to play this super fast, attacking football and throw a wobbly everytime someone misplaces a pass by a few inches. If you really want us to push the envelope and have every player play at100%, they are going to misplace a pass here or there. Recover and go again, it's more about the relentless pushing and pressing that matters.

If you recall we said the same last season under conte where we basically played crap for the first 10 games but got decent number of points. Everyone said wait till it clicks. Well fell off a wagon after as there was no click bcos that was as good as we could play under wiggy. Hopefully it’s not the same this time especially since we have quality to come back.

So nothing like the same scenario then

We were flat but still beat an organised relegation-threatened side, even though it took a golazo from a defender in the 78th minute.

Which was exactly the scenario at the Bernabéu on Wednesday when Madrid huffed and puffed to beat lowly Mallorca.

We don’t shoot from outside the box half enough.

Without the guile of Maddison, I do wonder if it’s better to have Kulu on the left and Johnson on the right. We could take a more direct approach with Richy attacking balls and crosses into the box.
Very much so, he is so one footed and one trick pony cutting in every single time which ends up slowing the play and advantage of our quick counter attacking. I reckon he could actually put in a decent croos with his left and his ability to take on his man go the the bye line too whipping it in , we really lack in general from all our forward players, bar maybe son when he plays on the left.

Comparing to Wiggy is disingenuous. If you are to make comparisons, do them with our first 10 games when we weren't decimated by injuries.

Wiggy couldn't get us to click when he had a full roster to choose from, when AP had a full roster we were purring.

We're playing with half a squad missing at the moment, yet we dominated the game. We weren't anywhere near as dynamic as we could be going forward, but we had Maddison, Bissouma, Sarr and Son missing, with Bentancur making only his 2nd (?) start this season, Gil his 1st (?). If you expect us to purr with the level of change to the team, then you're deluding yourself.

Happy enough with the performance given the circumstances, but concerned with how many late chances we always seem to concede. A handful against Everton and Forest, then completely dominate Burnley yet easily could’ve scored at the death with two good chances.

Yeah. This micro analysis of every game resulting in calling players not good enough or the next best thing is OTT in my opinion.

We know, for a fact, that the team we put out yesterday his missing essentially the entire spine of of our best 11.

Give them a break and a chance to gel.

Back
Top Bottom