Burnley (H) - Friday 5th January 8pm - FA Cup Journey Begins...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Everyone's entitled to an opinion. I just find it weird that on a night when he's been Spurs best player you appear to be rejoicing in the idea of Emerson Royal leaving Spurs.

My opinion is the bloke has an elite mentality - proven over and over again in the last 8 months - and that we need more people like that, not less.

Davies as well. I find it so weird that some fans don't recognise great squad players...
He was absolutely not Spurs best player.
What did he do that was special?

Everyone's entitled to an opinion. I just find it weird that on a night when he's been Spurs best player you appear to be rejoicing in the idea of Emerson Royal leaving Spurs.

My opinion is the bloke has an elite mentality - proven over and over again in the last 8 months - and that we need more people like that, not less.

Davies as well. I find it so weird that some fans don't recognise great squad players...

Neither start in our best 11 but you have to love them both for the way they stepped up tp play CB for us. Both get better with each game

I’d keep both absolutely

Tbh it’s not like they have been spanked by forwards. Obvs VDV and cuti are better Cbs as that is their main position. The problem is not even the midfield as we have options. It’s the front 3 who are basically shite or not of the required standard. If any of them had some skill, could pass the ball, keep the ball, score more , etc then we’d be ok. Unfortunately they offer no where near enough. Look at when dippers had mane firminiho and salah they didn’t have a great midfield. Their defenders were good and they had / have robo and TAA. We have destiny and porro. So if our front 3 were better alround players we’d be much better.

Unless Richi scores a first time shot from a decent cross he’s a passenger

Thought he was awful tonight as typified by him falling over just before the goal

Embarrassing

Bit worried about how our form has dropped off in recent weeks but not surprising given the strength of our squad.

Fuck it, we’re in the draw for the next round. Hopefully there will be a few shocks over the weekend and we get a favourable tie in the fourth round.

Might be something to do with all our injuries AND 3 of our starters being away with their national team but keep shoveling your agenda.
Come on Burnley are bottom 3, made a few changes themselves and have generally champo players. We are at home have strongest team we could field and could not muster one decent chance. We scored through a worldie in the end. You would expect a bit more for all the quality and money spent on the players out there? Like I said our front 3 cost almost £150M. Porto £40M. We should have enough to not to struggle v Burnley at home!

I must have been watching a different game to some of you. We weren't scintillating going forward, but it was one of the more comfortable and controlled games you'll see us play this season.

Back
Top Bottom