Burnley (H) - Friday 5th January 8pm - FA Cup Journey Begins...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Our best chance for a trophy this year, a big gap after this too so no excuses to go wild with team selection like we did in the League Cup

Vicario
Porro
Phillips
Davies
Udogie
Bentancur
Kulusevski
LoCelso
Johnson
Richarlison
Gil
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Phillips Davies Udogie
Bentancur
Kulusevski LoCelso
Johnson Richarlison Gil
[/lineup]

Bench: Forster, Emerson, Dier, Dorrington, Hojbjerg, Skipp, Santiago, Donley, Lankshear

Hopefully we can have a new signing creep onto that bench

I hope we give this years FA Cup the aul college try. One of Liverpool or Woolwich will be out after the third round and looking at the fixtures, I do expect a few upsets. This could be as good a year to win it as ever

I hope we give this years FA Cup the aul college try. One of Liverpool or Woolwich will be out after the third round and looking at the fixtures, I do expect a few upsets. This could be as good a year to win it as ever
I'll need City to be out before I get a semi about a cup.

🤣

Our best chance for a trophy this year, a big gap after this too so no excuses to go wild with team selection like we did in the League Cup

Vicario
Porro
Phillips
Davies
Udogie
Bentancur
Kulusevski
LoCelso
Johnson
Richarlison
Gil
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Phillips Davies Udogie
Bentancur
Kulusevski LoCelso
Johnson Richarlison Gil
[/lineup]

Bench: Forster, Emerson, Dier, Dorrington, Hojbjerg, Skipp, Santiago, Donley, Lankshear

Hopefully we can have a new signing creep onto that bench
Only decision is (1) Gil at the wing or (2) Kulu to the wing and one of Skippberg in the midfield. Not sure which poison I prefer.

Really disappointed Veliz can’t play at the 9 with Johnson, Richy and Kulu - instead of needing to start one of Gil or Skippberg.

Also hope we get to see Donley, Scarlett and Dorrington/Phillips even Santiago for significant minutes off the bench.

Need to put out as strong a team as we can and go for it. 9 days gap afterwards until our next match. If we cannot accommodate a couple of FA cup matches then pointless trying to qualify for Europe. I can recall us only playing 40 matches 1 year under Martin Jol and we are in danger of repeating that.
From the squad we lose Son, Sarr and Veliz and gain Kula and Scarlett.
Vicario should start as he is vital to the way we play. Bentencur needs mins to get fit and another 60 mins will do him good. Kula rested should return. The only player I would rest is Porro moving Royal to RB and starting Phillips.
Vicario
Royal, Phillips, Davies(C) Udogie
Bentencur, Skipp, Lo Celso
Johnson, Richie, Kula.
Multiple changes will result in defeat.

Need to put out as strong a team as we can and go for it. 9 days gap afterwards until our next match. If we cannot accommodate a couple of FA cup matches then pointless trying to qualify for Europe. I can recall us only playing 40 matches 1 year under Martin Jol and we are in danger of repeating that.
From the squad we lose Son, Sarr and Veliz and gain Kula and Scarlett.
Vicario should start as he is vital to the way we play. Bentencur needs mins to get fit and another 60 mins will do him good. Kula rested should return. The only player I would rest is Porro moving Royal to RB and starting Phillips.
Vicario
Royal, Phillips, Davies(C) Udogie
Bentencur, Skipp, Lo Celso
Johnson, Richie, Kula.
Multiple changes will result in defeat.
Good shout on Porro.

He’s played a lot of mins and plays at a really high intensity, definitely worthwhile giving him a break here. He’s so important to the system.

Warm up for United. The players on international duty will be gone, so perfect time to play a team we feel is going to be good enough to beat United 9 days later but also see how it works out.

Vicario
Porro - Royal - Davies - Udogie
Hojbjerg - Bentancur
Kulusevski - Lo Celso - Johnson
Richarlison
I think we may just go with something similar to this. Hojbjerg or Skipp will play in the centre and the rest probably picks itself. It's the strongest possible line up from those available.

Would be great to have van de Ven potentially back on the bench for this one though.

Burnley really aren't good. And they play an open brand of football, that we know, conceded a lot of goals.

3-1

I'd go

Vicario

Porro - Romero - van de Ven - Udogie

Bentancur - Lo Celso - Maddison

Johnson -Rlcharlison - Son
Bring on Bissouma and Sarr after about an hour and give Kulusevski a good run out after around 70 minutes or so. Solomon and Veliz to see out the game

I'd go

Vicario

Bring on Bissouma and Sarr after about an hour and give Kulusevski a good out after around 70 minutes or so. Solomon and Veliz to see out the game
Ain’t no sunshine for this one! :sonmask:

I'd go

Vicario

Bring on Bissouma and Sarr after about an hour and give Kulusevski a good run out after around 70 minutes or so. Solomon and Veliz to see out the game
Son, Romero, van de Ven and Maddison? And Bissouma and Sarr too?

Is it February already?:maddisonhmm:

I've just realised that our captain and both vice captains are out for at least most of January. Who will step up? Bentancur? Davies?

Anyone who says Dier will immediately be issued with a red card.

Back
Top Bottom