Burnley (H) - Friday 5th January 8pm - FA Cup Journey Begins...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should go without saying but we should go all out and try and win this.

There's no one we can't beat under Ange. Especially later on into the tournament when we'll hopefully have a full compliment of players to choose from. Our fully fit first team is ridiculously good and ending the season with silverware and a Top 4 finish would be a fantastic first season of Angeball.

Our best chance for a trophy this year, a big gap after this too so no excuses to go wild with team selection like we did in the League Cup
5th - Burnley FA Cup
14th - United PL
27th FAC 4th Round
31st Brentford PL

Compared to December's 7 games it's not bad, but still a fair few games there.
My hope is we beat Burnley and get an easy home tie against a league 2 team and walk it with a 2nd string.

Buuuuuut it's Spurs

I've just realised that our captain and both vice captains are out for at least most of January. Who will step up? Bentancur? Davies?

Anyone who says Dier will immediately be issued with a red card.
I’d be tempted to give it to Porro, still I reckon it goes to Davies which I can’t argue with

Is it straight to penalties in this round if it's a draw?
Nightmare getting back to East Kent with these late KOs and making it worse I'm taking my three sons!
No, it goes straight to a replay after 90 mins. They are replays in the 3rd and 4th rounds, but not from 5th onwards.

I think that all replays will be cancelled from next season though.

5th - Burnley FA Cup
14th - United PL
27th FAC 4th Round
31st Brentford PL

Compared to December's 7 games it's not bad, but still a fair few games there.
My hope is we beat Burnley and get an easy home tie against a league 2 team and walk it with a 2nd string.

Buuuuuut it's Spurs
Plus a possible Burnley replay.

Vicario
Porro
Royal
Davies
Udogie
Bentancur
Skipp
GLC
Johnson
Richy
Deki
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Royal Davies Udogie
Bentancur
Skipp GLC
Johnson Richy Deki
[/lineup]

Think the team picks itself imo but just hope we stay with Johnson RW and give Deki a good LW and able to whip crosses in.

Surely Burnley won’t go strong in this. We should though and then sub people off if we are doing well. Better that way round than having to bring them on after going weak and then struggling.

We’ve seen it a hundred times what happens at the club if we go under strength.

Vicario
Porro
Royal
Davies
Udogie
Bentancur
Skipp
GLC
Johnson
Richy
Deki
lineup code
[lineup]
Vicario
Porro Royal Davies Udogie
Bentancur
Skipp GLC
Johnson Richy Deki
[/lineup]

Think the team picks itself imo but just hope we stay with Johnson RW and give Deki a good LW and able to whip crosses in.
Micky will be back for this though, so play him or no🤷‍♂️

Back
Top Bottom