Burnley (H) - Friday 5th January 8pm - FA Cup Journey Begins...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hmmm I’m not sure that would be the case when he was a regular under both Mou & Cunte.

More likely several players that respond better to carrot rather than stick, got fed up with the turd ball and getting thrown under the bus by the dinosaurs in charge.
In my opinion, it is our place as fans to get "fed-up" and voice discontent at our performances when we are playing poorly or the football is bad to watch. I can point to several results under all 3 of the previous managers where it's clear the players weren't giving their all, and frankly, on their salaries, if they aren't bleeding for the fucking shirt they don't deserve to be here. You can see Ange is breeding a meritocracy where you earn your place on the pitch and good performances are rewarded with minutes, especially in the case of Udogie where under any of our last 3 managers he wouldn't be getting a look-in and would be most likely earmarked for loan this month. As a result you can clearly see every single player on the pitch giving 100% even if they are playing poorly, in fact you can see the visible frustration in guys like Johnson and Richy when they play poorly, its why I'm finding it much easier to give those guys leeway than the likes of Dier who I've felt at several points has looked like he's going through the motions.
I don't care if the football we are playing is palatable to the players, we only need people who will put their all in regardless of how they feel about the manager and the system. Our problem for years is too many players that are brilliant when they fancy it and anonymous when they don't. Very few players are going missing ever in this team, and they all seem to be working on being a presence in every match. I know we have played poorly and shown naivety at times but I feel very good about where we are going under Ange. The quicker we purge out the players who have held us back for years the better.

Did you not watch the game? Johnson and Kulusevski were switching wings regularly. You could often see them both on the right trying to overload.

We also kept the width well, it's just the final ball wasn't up to scratch.

Also, aren't you one of those bewailing AP not giving our academy boys a chance?

Must have come as a shock when he brought Donley and Scarlett on at just 1-0?

Doesn't trust our youth eh?
No they didn’t switch! Only when Gio went off and Kulu moved to his position you may have seen both on the sane side. For the most part bj played left and Kulu right.lets take a vote on it. We did not keep width we kept going inside as there was no one outside. Sometime we went wide but we never tried to get behind them in wide areas. Yes wanted youth but at 1-0 I just thought may a tad risky.

One thing I noticed with Gil is that at least his passing is pretty quick. He doesn’t do anything to revolutionary but at least keeps the ball moving at pace. That helps. We were so utterly turgid and slow at times that even fast simple passing was progress. He also was a bit too unselfish when he had a good chance to shoot at the end. Still hope methinks.
Also likes to take on players too, something a lot of other players don't do. Took a couple of players for a ride as well.

Gets way to much shit from people on this forum, when he barely doesn't do anything wrong, but does a lot right.

Deki is the only one who’ll step up in big matches but he’s took a big dip in his last 3 games he’s started since Forest. The other two I don’t really expect too much. Some games they’ll produce and some games hopeless. We will only be successful once we have front players that are consistently good over a longer period of time. That will come though in the next couple of windows hopefully.
We just bought BJ for £50M! Richi £60M only last season. Kulu was made perm last summer nearly £40M. How we gonna replace all 3?

Great night. Daughter’s first visit and she loved it. She was especially pleased with all the post match singing. Like me I reckon many took advantage of the cheap family tickets. Queues at all the food vendors seemed longer than normal. Lots of families. Great goal!

No! Just saying how it is with the gane tonight. Think a lot of people would agree. I’m sure we could play better than that!

I'm 'sorry', but your post read distinctly like you think Ange should have got more out of the players he had available tonight...... Add that to the fact that you constantly badger him over not playing kids whether it makes practical sense or not... Whether the kids in question fit the positions of need or not.

Consistent "I could do better energy" from the dude that posts critiques whether he's seen the match or not.

Burnley are awful aren't they? Offered nothing going forward. Made it a easy night for our makeshift defence. Only really that chance right at the end that was a sitter.

We wasted alot of our own. Especially Brennan, very poor game. He got plenty of the ball in dangerous areas but done nothing with it. Luckily Porro stepped up with a real bit of quality in a game devoid of it.

Good to see Scarlett and Donley get some minutes at the end. With so many injuries and players away for Internationals they could get more chances.

Hopefully see some of our key players return next game. The lack of real quality is concerning.

You wouldn’t be saying that if that shot at the end went in?
What’s wrong with pointing out some facts. We are home , top 5, they promoted team in bottom 3 with a few changes yet we struggled for whatever reason. Do you not want us to go out pummel teams like that and far more comfortably,if your happy with that performance then don’t complain next time we play like that and get smashed like Brighton did. We should be winning that game far more easier than we did

I want us to win

And we did

How many times did skipp touch the ball in the first half ?
Richy £60M Why ?
BJ I like him and want him to come good but,
Kulu why is it always turn back, cross it early sometimes
Gill a winger who will not cross and nearly always plays it back to were it came from ( just like PEH)

why can't the coaches teach PEH & Skipp to turn when they recieve the ball ? coaches should coach, it not just about putting out cones to runaround

How many times did skipp touch the ball in the first half ?
Richy £60M Why ?
BJ I like him and want him to come good but,
Kulu why is it always turn back, cross it early sometimes
Gill a winger who will not cross and nearly always plays it back to were it came from ( just like PEH)

why can't the coaches teach PEH & Skipp to turn when they recieve the ball ? coaches should coach, it not just about putting out cones to runaround
I’ve noticed that PEH passes the ball fwd more than before - I’m sure they work on it and are coached etc but not easy to retrain 20 years of prior decisions

Back
Top Bottom