Burnley (H) - Friday 5th January 8pm - FA Cup Journey Begins...

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ah well. At the end of the day we're through to the 4th round of the FA Cup

giphy.gif

We need more leadership. Players who go out there and get the job done.

Who is going to score when Sonny is not there?

Bryan don't seen to have this with him. Richy is getting confidence with the last games, but today he fell too much.

Kulu? He can be this one. Bentancur? Udogie? Porro?

Funny old game. Home after a long, strange but ultimately happy day - I guess. Parked in the industrial estate near Northumberland Park (road) and the massive Tescos. Stayed until full time and still got back to Surrey in an hour. I think I kept to the speed limits but will find out in the next week I guess. So many fucking 20 mph ones now in Khaningrad.

Bloody awful game really. Grateful to simply be in the next round though with our absentees. Will read through the thread in the morning. But when the bright spot is a cameo from Ryan Sessegnon and Dane Scarlett then you know it was a very average day. Hopefully reinforcements on the way as they’re urgently needed.

Our attack was god awful but the defence was pretty solid and it was fitting that the goal came from one if the wing backs who were both excellent. Thank God for a small slice of quality in the goal though. This was my annual family trip with the kids and I nearly had them giving up on football altogether. In all seriousness, they loved staying up late, being in the stadium, eating junk food etc so we were OK.

This next month without Son, Madders, Sarr, Veliz, Biss, Romero and the rest is going to be tough. BJ looks knackered - and in desperate need of coaching. Kulu far too wooden on his own. Bloody Richarlison resembled a tall Steffen Freund at best. Absolutely dreadful. Skipp plays like a demented lost rabbit and Hojtchpotch was clearly trying to lower his asking price. And now I’m going to Old Trafford and a weekend in Manchester next week and feel like it could be a deja vu for when I was there with Rory Allen and Neil Fenn leading the attack. FFS.

P.S. Fuck me Burnley’s support! Barely a minibus full. Why is this fucking village of Neanderthal murmuring munchkin northern cunts in the PL? Is it to fulfill some kind of quota?!

:ange-facepalm:

I won't state it for fact but I'm beginning to draw the conclusion more and more that Dier was a big part of the "toxic element" in the club that has seen our team essentially down tools under 3 separate managers. Any other player here for all 3 of Mou, Nuno and Conte, you can't see it, but Dier refusing to budge this summer on the basis of getting a more favourable deal on a free transfer, and Ange's staunch refusal to include him as part of the core squad, speaks volumes to me.
Hmmm I’m not sure that would be the case when he was a regular under both Mou & Cunte.

More likely several players that respond better to carrot rather than stick, got fed up with the turd ball and getting thrown under the bus by the dinosaurs in charge.

Bit worried about how our form has dropped off in recent weeks but not surprising given the strength of our squad.

Fuck it, we’re in the draw for the next round. Hopefully there will be a few shocks over the weekend and we get a favourable tie in the fourth round.
Think Ange needs to recognise that and not keep saying the players are resilient and shit. At some point we will get done like Brighton did. It’s just lucky that the teams we have played have not had that extra bit of quality. Even tonight Burnley prbly had the better clear cut chances. Not sure we created that many so the team or players are not setup properly or aren’t doing g their jobs properly. I think the later as some for the money we have spent just arnt that good!

Funny old game. Home after a long, strange but ultimately happy day - I guess. Parked in the industrial estate near Northumberland Park (road) and the massive Tescos. Stayed until full time and still got back to Surrey in an hour. I think I kept to the speed limits but will find out in the next week I guess. So many fucking 20 mph ones now in Khaningrad.

Bloody awful game really. Grateful to simply be in the next round though with our absentees. Will read through the thread in the morning. But when the bright spot is a cameo from Ryan Sessegnon and Dane Scarlett then you know it was a very average day. Hopefully reinforcements on the way as they’re urgently needed.

Our attack was god awful but the defence was pretty solid and it was fitting that the goal came from one if the wing backs who were both excellent. Thank God for a small slice of quality in the goal though. This was my annual family trip with the kids and I nearly had them giving up on football altogether. In all seriousness, they loved staying up late, being in the stadium, eating junk food etc so we were OK.

This next month without Son, Madders, Sarr, Veliz, Biss, Romero and the rest is going to be tough. BJ looks knackered - and in desperate need of coaching. Kulu far too wooden on his own. Bloody Richarlison resembled a tall Steffen Freund at best. Absolutely dreadful. Skipp plays like a demented lost rabbit and Hojtchpotch was clearly trying to lower his asking price. And now I’m going to Old Trafford and a weekend in Manchester next week and feel like it could be a deja vu for when I was there with Rory Allen and Neil Fenn leading the attack. FFS.

P.S. Fuck me Burnley’s support! Barely a minibus full. Why is this fucking village of Neanderthal murmuring munchkin northern cunts in the PL? Is it to fulfill some kind of quota?!
Great post!

Well the reason i think we looked bleh in the first 60 mins of the game was we're trying to play through the middle of Burnley and it was a very crowded area...
- Johnson on the left trying to cut inside
- Kulu on the right trying to cut inside
- Udogie tucking inside
- Richy and Lo Celso inside.

Zero width. zero crosses coming from the outside.

Easy to defend
Ya and we do this all the time! I don’t get why the players / coaches cannot see this if the oppo have already sussed it! Surely we can go wide or keep the FBs wider. When we have don’t that this season we have scored but for some reason Ange thinks we are going to score a goal with one touch slick passing right through a packed pen area. This with the front 3 we had tonight.

Good to see Gil getting some minutes. Still have hope for him. Hes a trier and I like that.

Played some good stuff, done a lot more than what Kulu produced.

One thing I noticed with Gil is that at least his passing is pretty quick. He doesn’t do anything too revolutionary but at least keeps the ball moving at pace. That helps. We were so utterly turgid and slow at times that even fast simple passing was progress. He also was a bit too unselfish when he had a good chance to shoot at the end. Still hope methinks.

Last edited:
We won you crying bastard

Some people just can’t help themselves can they? They have to complain. Even when we win.
You wouldn’t be saying that if that shot at the end went in?
What’s wrong with pointing out some facts. We are home , top 5, they promoted team in bottom 3 with a few changes yet we struggled for whatever reason. Do you not want us to go out pummel teams like that and far more comfortably, if your happy with that performance then don’t complain next time we play like that and get smashed like Brighton did. We should be winning that game far more easier than we did

Back
Top Bottom